Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have you ever had anyone go road rage on you?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 613

Have you ever had anyone go road rage on you?

Nov 4, 2020, 12:33 AM

I had it earlier today. Like 45 minutes ago. I am driving behind this guy and he is going super slow with nobody on the road. I drive slow, but I am talking 3mph on mellow but open road in downtown Wilmington he was doing this. He can go faster than that. I handled that well and just waited and followed slowly on my way to where I was going. I couldn't tell who was driving the car at the time. Not that it really mattered. Anyway, I get to a 4 way intersection with no stop signs in my direction and the guy stops his car sitting there forever thinking he is at a stop sign. I give the tap of my horn to say "hey you can go". He turns and gets going. I pull right into where I am going. This big black dude comes into the small market and loses his shyatt threatening to kill me and beat me up etc etc.

The conversation went like this.

Dude: Who the f*ck is driving that black Honda out front?

Me (only guy in the store aside from the clerk): Yeah, that was me. How's it going?

Dude: I will blow your head off if you ever honk at me again.

Me: You are going to kill me because I honked a horn at you?

Dude: I will beat the sh*t out of you. I am not someone to be F*cked with. I am from New York.

Me: If youre are from NY you should be used to someone honking a horn.

Dude: Learn to drive!

Me: The town is empty and there was no stop sign where you were sitting. I was just letting you know you didn't need to sit there.

Dude: I will see you outside.

Me: There is no need for all of that. It was nothing personal.

Dude goes outside. He confronts me at my car when I leave as if he is going to beat me down. It would have been easy for him. Big black dude maybe 25 years old. I said, "What's up my friend? It was nothing personal." He goes on some nutty tirade acting as wild as he can.

Me: "Okay, I will keep that in mind, but you were on cam inside that store, so anything you do is on film. Make it count if you do."

Dude deciding if he wanted to beat me up or not. I hop in my car and drive home.

It felt really close to disaster.

Anyway, that was my last experience.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you honk your horn on your way out?

Nov 4, 2020, 12:59 AM

That would've been the best way to handle it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you honk your horn on your way out?

Nov 4, 2020, 1:02 AM

Beep-Beep

Nah, he was the least of my worries in the world. He was just wasting my time. He was serious though.

He probably just left a ladies house

Nov 4, 2020, 1:06 AM

and she might have made a negative remark about his peeener.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on that description, I doubt it.***

Nov 4, 2020, 8:19 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Maybe her negative comment was: "Too Beaucoup"

Nov 4, 2020, 8:45 AM

Lol.....that exchange is like how I would have written it

Nov 4, 2020, 8:24 AM

For you.

I would have added though “it’s ok, you’re just ignorant of traffic rules” and “you drive like trash and you are trash.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol.....that exchange is like how I would have written it

Nov 4, 2020, 8:34 AM

Funny and true.

People must have been uptight yesterday

Nov 4, 2020, 8:28 AM

I was driving a long minding my own business when a big ‘80s land yacht Buick started drifting in my lane next to me. I gave him a little toot to say “hey, I’m over here, watch out.” He got all bent waving his middle finger and motioning come on and stuff. He looked like a 5’5” 65 yo. He followed me into the parking lot but when I got out of the car kept going. (I’m 6’4” 250) and was dressed kind of scruffy.

Sorry your got more confrontational.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

That's a good one.

Nov 4, 2020, 8:28 AM

I have 2 that have left an impression on me.

1st one:
I was about 18yrs old. SarahAdidas and I were in my jeep going camping on some land my dad had. This was right after Ronald Reagan died, because the truck in front of me had the back glass covered in newspaper clippings from his death. We were on some back roads in Gilbert. Dude basically stopped at an abandoned 4 way stop and just sat there. I gave him a Toot, figuring that he probably didn't know I was behind him due to his newspaper clippings. Dude jumps out of the passenger seat, sprints towards the jeep, towards SarahAdidas's side. Our windows are down (and don't roll up). I floored it, nearly running over him. We didn't let off the gas until we were out of town. I think he was teaching his daughter how to drive or something... That shook us up pretty good.

2nd one:
I was in HS, leaving the hospital with my brother and sister. We had been visiting somebody... maybe my grandpa? Dude was driving and weaving in and out of traffic on 378 like a complete A-wad. I boxed him in, driving my mom's '94 white Taurus wagon. We pull up at dollar general to grab some candy and maybe a get-well card. As we're walking up the sidewalk, the dude who we had boxed in, rolls down the window and yells, "hey fagget, learn how to drive or youre get youreself kilt!" Me, being the cock-strong 17 year old charged at his car and said something like "bring it on you piece of shyatt. I'll tear that mustache off your face." Dude sped off. There was a crowd on the sidewalk waiting to get inside of a mexican restaurant. We lol'd at that dude.

Re: That's a good one.

Nov 4, 2020, 8:33 AM

Those are some good ones as well. You never know who is out there.

Why didn't you pull your gun on the sob and make his day?***

Nov 4, 2020, 8:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite part was

Nov 4, 2020, 9:41 AM

Me: If youre are from NY you should be used to someone honking a horn.

Glad you did not get beat down or kilt dead. I appreciate your posts.

Yes, I did have a person go road rage on me. I don't know if it was my fault or not. I pulled into the road approximately 50 yards from a red light. It appeared the cars were stopped and the light turned green as I pulled into the road. A car made a lane change and got on my tail, then pulled beside me, past me, in front of me and locked them down as I'm pulling a boat. He yelled something at me as we are stopped on a highway...not sure what, maybe something like "I hope you have a great day!" and he drove off.

If this was Wilmington, NC - totally makes sense*****

Nov 4, 2020, 11:31 AM

Re: If this was Wilmington, NC - totally makes sense*****

Nov 4, 2020, 12:16 PM

It was at The Village Market downtown Wilmington.

Replies: 14
| visibility 613
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic