Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone actually seen Boston College play this season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Has anyone actually seen Boston College play this season?

Nov 8, 2018, 10:55 AM

Are they a legit #17 ranked team?

Thanks, RM123

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone actually seen Boston College play this season?

Nov 8, 2018, 10:57 AM

Yes, bunch a big fellas on both lines. Aj finds a seam he’s eating. But if we play sound mechanical football with no turnovers and a good run game we win by 21 . Tweet that

Nov 8, 2018, 10:57 AM

With a healthy AJ Dillon they are a top 20 team.

Nov 8, 2018, 11:01 AM

I watched a fair amount of their game a couple of weeks ago. I'm drawing a blank as to who they were playing. But I was impressed with their offense. They ran some reverses, double-reverses, gadget plays, etc. where they were actually well executed. You know how gadget plays often look like a train wreck. Something I was glad about though is that those plays, while well executed, take a long time to develop. I don't think our D-line will give them that time. Anyway, I'm going to say they are a legit 17 team.

Their two losses were to Purdue and NC State...

Nov 8, 2018, 11:03 AM

I watched the replay of their game against NC State. State dominated the first half and then pi$$ed away a 28 - 3 lead in the second half with four turnovers. The games wasn't quite as close the final score seems to indicate. BC running back, AJ Dillon, did not play for BC. With a healthy AJ Dillon, they're a legitimate top 20 team IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes and yes.***

Nov 8, 2018, 11:04 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 11:04 AM

They lost to NC St despite the fact that they blocked a punt for a TD and NC St had 4 turnovers.

But, that was without Dillon. I still think overall NC St is a better football team than BC. Which is why NC ST is ranked #14 and BC #17. I think that's an accurate ranking.

All that being said, Clemson should win this game by 20+ points if we play decent. BC is capable, though, unlike FSU, Wake, or Louisville.

BC, Cuse, NC St are all capable teams if they play well and a top tier team like Clemson turns it over.

Nov 8, 2018, 11:16 AM

Watched them earlier in the year at Wake. This BC defense is not the same as we're used to seeing out of them. Wake moved the ball really well on them, but Wake was unable to stop Dillon and their running game. Clemson should be able to move the ball at will, their QB will make some mistakes and Dillon is not healthy. They will have trouble matching up. Tigers 42-17.

Yes

Nov 8, 2018, 11:25 AM

When they are on, they look good but consistency is a problem for them. They have a stud rb and the qb can run it and throw it deep and accurate. On defense they have a couple of players that are good at pressuring opposing qbs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regarding legit rankings, it seems like.....

Nov 8, 2018, 11:35 AM

This year a lot of the teams in the 11-20 range leave a lot to be desired. It may be just like every other year, but seeing a 2 loss Kentucky team at # 11 that is very 1 dimensional and is counting a win over a now completely exposed Florida team as its best win shows us where we are. Even Cuse and NCSU being top 15 is strange...I believe they are appropriately ranked at this point, but in previous years would be ranked lower.
I don’t have ‘data’ on this, but it’s just my gut reaction.
Seems like the PAC 12 is way off the map...as well as non power 5 schools (only 2 in top 25)....
Traditional powers like the real USC, Wisconsin, FSU, Miami, etc. are nowhere to be found and have given way to the BCs of the world.
So BC is a legit 17 this year for the moment...just not sure if this year is legit in comparison to previous years.

BC have a nice team, and Adazzio

Nov 8, 2018, 11:47 AM

Is my favorite non-Tiger coach in the ACC. All that said and, having watched them some, there's not a lot of reasons why the game should be close. BC are, like a lot of teams in the top 10-25, more remind me of UCF than anything close to a Top 10 team. BC are ranked...Purdue isn't...and yet, Purdue have some (theoretically) high-quality wins and absolutely dominated the Eagles. BC needs a perfect storm to win. Heck, if it's windy, that will hurt BC even more as Brown doesn't have the arm TL has. There isn't a lot of reason why the score wouldn't mirror the 2016 visit to Chestnut Hill, but Dabo likes Adazzio, so some restraint is likely.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2018, 12:04 PM

They are a legitimate team, but CLEMSON is in a league of their own.

Nov 8, 2018, 12:10 PM

Looking at their wins, they haven't beaten a team worth a pulse all season.

More so than Auburn and Kentucky and Miss State***

Nov 8, 2018, 2:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are more legit at 17 than LSU at 7

Nov 8, 2018, 2:35 PM

and half of the SEC in the top 25

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic