Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Full Ride and Trevor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,046

Full Ride and Trevor

Oct 26, 2020, 2:47 PM

I was listening to ESPN Radio on Sirius XX, the full ride, this afternoon.

ESPN has already started the SEC push for the Heisman trophy. Both commentators advised that Mac Jones has better numbers than Trevor and they will be changing their votes for Mac Jones. In fact, Rick Neuheisel said, Clemson fans don't start calling us based on our comments. The numbers tell the story. I hate talk like that when the comparison is not always accurate such as the amount of time played in a game is not considered.

Likewise, ESPN has always favored the SEC. Just look at College Football live and see how many footballs are SEC teams compared to the other conferences. It is subtle, but it watch slowly, it is there. There are 4 teams where the other conferences are lucky to have one.

Message was edited by: tshark®

Message was edited by: tshark®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe i read it wrong but Trevor

Oct 26, 2020, 3:14 PM

has accounted for 21 TDs so far and Mac only 13. Isn't is a stat driven award? So i thought we are playing the game right this time?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe i read it wrong but Trevor

Oct 26, 2020, 4:55 PM

H&11 no it isn't a stat driven award, it is a media favorite award, especially where ESESPN has a very large and loud voice in the direction the award is driven!!! I know that a lot of people still want to believe that the Heisman still means something, well it doesn't, not anymore. It nothing more than a media driven piece of chit/trash award directed by a trashy sports media!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Full Ride and Trevor

Oct 26, 2020, 3:19 PM

We only care about national championships here. We don't get our panties in a wad over individual awards.

Oct 26, 2020, 4:28 PM

I agree, but it is just frustrating hearing those talking heads. It is beyond our control. It is an even number year, so we will in the Natty.

Oct 26, 2020, 4:39 PM

Judging from last Saturday, Mac Jones did look a lot better than TL. Just being honest. Football is a team sport by the way.

Mac Jones is The Kinda Guy Bill O'Brien Would Trade For

Oct 26, 2020, 4:46 PM

Garbage Pick

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 5:03 PM

Just from what I know, eSECpn can push for anybody ,but the announcers on do not have a vote .It's members of the media and former winners who vote for the award. And even if Mac has better numbers than Trevor, the top 2 quarterbacks are still Justin Fields, and Trevor Lawrence.
By the way I only put Justin first because he probably is the early front runner because Ohio State, IMO, will get more press than Clemson from here on out.
The other thing that concerns me is if Etienne, and Trevor are still both in the running they may cancel each other out among the voters.

Oct 26, 2020, 5:50 PM

Sadly, both commentators mentioned that they are voting members for the Heisman.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,046
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic