Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those saying ACCCG being cancelled would help Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,672

For those saying ACCCG being cancelled would help Clemson

Dec 9, 2020, 9:24 AM

Or that it isn't fair that Clemson has to risk its spot in the CFP by playing. I say there's no benefit in not bringing home another ACC Championship, or especially allowing it to be awarded to ND. I'm in the minority in that I have no problem with ND being part of the conference this season. However, I still don't want them having the bragging rights of just showing up for one season and walking off with the conference title.

Also, if we're truly a NC contender this season then it shouldn't matter that we're "risking" our spot in this game. If we're a NC team then we show up next weekend and leave with our 6th straight ACC title. If we show up next week and lose then we weren't going to do well in the CFP to begin with. No way are Dabo and our boys sitting around thinking of how unfair it is that they have to put their #3 ranking at risk by playing this game.

I'll further add that playing a game like this will only benefit us in the long run. Let's say that Ohio State does end up getting in and playing us. As a coach, would you rather have the team that's been battle tested by playing a total of 11 games including 3 games against top 10 teams, or would you rather be the coach of a team that's played 5 o 6 games with your toughest game being against a "top 10" Indiana team? Yeah, you can make an argument over injury risk, but injuries can just as easily happen in a single game. I'll take the team that's been able to improve over the course of a longer season with experience in tough games during the year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't agree with everything here, but well said!***

Dec 9, 2020, 9:31 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

To be the man, you gotta beat the man !!!!

Dec 9, 2020, 9:37 AM

WOOOOOOO !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re:To be the man, you gotta beat the man! Vandy code cracked

Dec 9, 2020, 9:50 AM

Mason was transitioning them to a female team so people couldn't beat the man

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those saying ACCCG being cancelled would help Clemson

Dec 9, 2020, 9:41 AM

anyone saying that is a moron beyond reproach. surely no one is that stupid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We aren't a shoe-in without playing and winning that game

Dec 9, 2020, 9:42 AM

If Florida were to beat Bama we could very easily get left out.

Dec 9, 2020, 10:41 AM

I agree with one point. If a full strength Clemson team can't beat ND, there's no way we're good enough to win a natty. That said, I'm pretty confident in this team provided we are healthy. Clemson by 3 tds!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2020, 10:51 AM

If the tigers can't beat a team (that struggled with Louisville) at least one out of 2 not sure the CFP is place for them this year.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,672
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic