Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Parking and tailgate in 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Football Parking and tailgate in 2020

Oct 20, 2020, 8:41 PM

Hi all. Newbie here with my son a freshman at Clemson. Coming for the BC game and wanted to ask for help about parking for the game and if any type of tailgating is allowed. I see parking spaces for sale for upwards of a few hundred dollars and was wondering what made sense with the stadium only allowing partial capacity? Or should I just go and be directed to public parking? I also saw a reference to needing 'guest passes' in those parking spaces? Can someone help me understand that or where to go to get more info? I want to be able to do this right and follow the rules.

Thanks all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Parking and tailgate in 2020

Oct 20, 2020, 9:03 PM

There really isn't public parking this year. You'll need to arrange for a parking space in one way or another. In the IPTAY lots, the spaces are clearly marked with 9' between. This is enforced, with 10 people per space limits also enforced. They use cameras to monitor the lots and send golf cart security to break up any gatherings.

It's not nearly as packed and fun as the past, but it's the only thing getting us to the games, so I'm willing to follow the rules to ensure we get to keep going.

$200 for a parking pass is a bargain compared to my IPTAY dues, so....

There is a separate hangtag for each game, so the seller can

Oct 20, 2020, 9:06 PM

mail you the one for your game. It seems that folks are parking "free" along Old Stadium Road like always, there just aren't NEAR as many of them.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 9:13 PM

on your tailgate question, no tents allowed. Alot of folks are pulling out chairs and eating and drinking behind their cars. No one has bothered anyone doing that as far as I know. Its a very different atmosphere than normal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2020, 9:48 PM

Parking areas are quiet & orderly. You can't put up a tent or cook onsite but you're welcome to bring prepared food & sit by your vehicle to eat. With this being a noon game you can park any time 9 am or later. Sausage or chicken biscuits and sides would work nicely that time of day!

Not sure there's a rule against cooking, but no trailers

Oct 20, 2020, 10:08 PM

and no tents for sure. Less than 10 at a tailgate as well. I even got a note before Miami game saying yes it's going to rain, and no you still can't have a tent.

Re: Not sure there's a rule against cooking, but no trailers

Oct 20, 2020, 10:24 PM

I have seen people grilling. I have also seen creative ways of tv setup inside pickup truck beds and vans.

TVs in back of SUVs with the hatch up is what I have seen.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:16 AM

Keeps the TV under cover without the tent.

Re: Not sure there's a rule against cooking, but no trailers

Oct 21, 2020, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Not sure there's a rule against cooking, but no trailers ]

Is that less than 10 at a tailgate enforced even if everyone is spaced out and wearing masks?

Oct 21, 2020, 7:39 AM

Text or call me @ 251-610-2536 & I can discuss with you on parking right by the stadium.

Oct 21, 2020, 8:30 AM

See T-mail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 21, 2020, 12:28 PM

If you arrive early enough you should be able to park along Old Stadium Rd at no cost. I haven't noticed anyone tailgating along that road but people are tailgating in the parking lots with mostly small crowds. I'm in an area lot this year and the parking attendant just tells me to skip a space to the person next to me and to not set up a tent. However, at the Miami game I noticed some Miami fans had their tents set up but no one told them to take it down. I guess it all depends on where you park and who is monitoring.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic