Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Examples of Unclear Writing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Examples of Unclear Writing

Feb 19, 2020, 11:58 AM

Was looking through some old files the other day and found these excerpts from actual letters to the Welfare Department applying for financial support.

1. I am forwarding my marriage certificate and six children. I have 7 but one died which was baptized on a half sheet of paper.

2. I an writing the Welfare Department to say that my baby was born two years old. When do I get my money?

3. Mrs. Jones has not had any clothes for a year and has been visited regularly by the clergy.

4. I cannot get sick pay. I have six children. Can you tell me why?

5. I am glad to report that my husband who is missing is dead.

6, This is my eighth child. What are you going to do about it?

7. Please find for certain if ny husband is dead. The man I am now living with can't eat or do anything till he knows.

8. I am very much annoyed to find you have branded my son illiterate. This is a dirty lie as I was married a week before he was born.

9. In answer to your letter, I have given birth to a boy weighing ten pounds. I hope this is satisfactory.

10. I am forwarding my marriage certificate and three children, one of which is a mistake as you can plainly see.

11. My husband got his project cut off two weeks ago and I haven't had any relief since.

12. Unless I get my husband's money pretty soon, I will be forced to live an immortal life.

13. ou have changed my little boy to a girl. Will this make any difference?

14. I have no children yet as my husband is a truck driver and works day and night.

15. In accordance with your instructions I have given birth to twins in the enclosed envelope.

16. I want my money as quick as I can get it I've been in bed with the doctor for two weeks and he doesn't do me any good. If things don't improve, I will have to send for another doctor.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Examples of Unclear Writing

Feb 19, 2020, 12:17 PM

Hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 12:20 PM

Is that from the UofSC archives for student aid?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 12:32 PM

Don't know if I can say this on this board or not but I will try..........As an ex-social worker, I once asked a welfare applicant if she knew who the father of her expected child was. Her response was that she was sleeping in the same bed as her sister and she was getting it on with her boyfriend and some must have splashed so I guess he is the father !! I had to excuse myself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 12:37 PM

2000® said:

Don't know if I can say this on this board or not but I will try..........As an ex-social worker, I once asked a welfare applicant if she knew who the father of her expected child was. Her response was that she was sleeping in the same bed as her sister and she was getting it on with her boyfriend and some must have splashed so I guess he is the father !! I had to excuse myself.

I would have fell in the floor laughing at her!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 1:17 PM

I bet you would have, after all, you speak the truth and was told a huge lie!!! :)

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 12:41 PM

Rarely is anything funnier than the truth.

Thank you for providing this.

I felt for sure I was going to see one of my posts

Feb 19, 2020, 12:46 PM

attached.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I felt for sure I was going to see one of my posts

Feb 19, 2020, 1:19 PM

We must think alike bc I was thinking the very same thing. Before opening, I said why is Joe exposing me and my post!!!:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 5:45 PM

Laughing at me or you, that's funny now I like those

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pure Gold Right There

Feb 19, 2020, 6:00 PM

Joe21 you are truly a gift that keeps on giving. Thanks for the laughs.

Message was edited by: The Doorman®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 6:00 PM

Well... What are they going to do about that 8th child?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Feb 19, 2020, 6:15 PM

Joe, if I had stuff as good as that in my files I'd go through them a lot faster.

The good wife says she doesn't want to move them again. You might have just inspired me!

Feb 19, 2020, 9:44 PM

Man, I really enjoy your posts Joe. The life you have lived and the experience you are willing to share are awesome. More than I deserve, but I am grateful for it and the special you add to the board. Please post more stories and memories from your life. I get a real kick out of them as I am sure many others do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't know gamecocks could actually write.***

Feb 19, 2020, 11:24 PM

Feb 20, 2020, 1:24 AM

Thanks for sharing glad I already had my coffee this morning!!! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hilarious......yet, I'm certain the authors of each

Feb 20, 2020, 5:24 AM

clearly understood what they wrote.

And actually, some of what I read in today's print media fares badly, for journalistic skills seem somewhat lacking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hilarious......yet, I'm certain the authors of each

Feb 20, 2020, 10:26 AM

Hartins, today's journalist don't even come close to having the skills that the journalist had in your time of journalism. Today, those guys print very little facts. They makeup most of what they write to fit their own opinion to have their say!!!

Are you retired?***

Feb 20, 2020, 8:54 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Are you retired?***

Feb 20, 2020, 10:41 AM

Years ago there was an article that printed excerpts from hospital emergency room reports. I still laugh at these.

Suffering from athletic fits!
I got my nose caught in a chain saw!
Suffering from the heartbreak of psoriasis!
Kicked and beat by group of friends (probably at Williams Brice)!

And...
I think I have Smiling Mighty Jesus! (Spinal Meningitis)

And one from an insurance claim:
I turned into my driveway and hit a tree that wasn't there. Wrong driveway!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic