Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Everyone excited for Trump's trial next week?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Everyone excited for Trump's trial next week?

Jan 22, 2021, 11:26 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/22/schumer-says-house-will-deliver-trump-impeachment-article-to-senate-on-monday.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You see there's that 1 little clause that makes this moot:

Jan 22, 2021, 11:31 AM

"shall be removed from office"

He's not in office.

Suck it Nancy.

Article II, Section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

The senate can vote to do whatever they want to do

Jan 22, 2021, 1:08 PM

no matter how obvious it is against the law. The supreme court has no say in the matter either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Comments in the news today state that McConnell wants

Jan 22, 2021, 1:38 PM

Trump out of the picture. Dozens of Republican House and Senate members want him gone as well. Conviction which would prevent him from ever running again for President, or any other federal position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sure about that? I would think the Chief Justice....

Jan 22, 2021, 2:50 PM [ in reply to The senate can vote to do whatever they want to do ]

has a say and could say that the trial was un-Constitutional and not convene it.

Re: You sure about that? I would think the Chief Justice....

Jan 22, 2021, 2:55 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure. Would be disappointed in them if they didn't.***

Jan 22, 2021, 11:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not really

Jan 22, 2021, 11:43 AM

it is just political theater

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Unity!***

Jan 22, 2021, 11:45 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Unity!***

Jan 23, 2021, 4:43 AM

What does unity have to do with it, Einstein?

Re: Everyone excited for Trump's trial next week?

Jan 22, 2021, 11:45 AM

"We've got to impeach it to find out what's in it."

God that woman is detestable.

Serenity Now!***

Jan 22, 2021, 7:38 PM

Bitter partisan revenge politics; first step toward unity.***

Jan 22, 2021, 12:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Bitter partisan revenge politics; first step toward unity.***

Jan 22, 2021, 12:23 PM

Yep the man is out of office. This is giving the middle finger to conservatives. Then they will call for their unity. I swear it’s obvious they are trying to divide us.

McConnell wants Trump out of the picture. As others have

Jan 22, 2021, 1:48 PM

said, Trump has hurt the Republican Party in many ways. Anybody who thinks Trump did not lead the riot on the Capital on January 6th is just whistling past the graveyard.

As for division, Trump is the most divisive President I have seen in my 62 years on this earth.

It’s giving the middle finger to Trump supporters, not true

Jan 22, 2021, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Bitter partisan revenge politics; first step toward unity.*** ]

conservatives. I’m against it, but still, let’s be clear that there are two very different groups of the Republican Party.

Re: Bitter partisan revenge politics; first step toward unity.***

Jan 23, 2021, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Bitter partisan revenge politics; first step toward unity.*** ]

They've already made the man a legend for some people. What are they going for here?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Revenge for what? Inciting the Capitol coup attempt?

Jan 22, 2021, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Bitter partisan revenge politics; first step toward unity.*** ]

A better term for that would be "Justice."

So far it looks like mostly nos.***

Jan 22, 2021, 12:20 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Federalist Society and over 150 Legal Scholars say do it

Jan 22, 2021, 12:21 PM

as The Constitution does not preclude it and barring someone from holding future office is an important aspect of Impeachment.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000177-2646-de27-a5f7-3fe714ac0000

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Federalist Society and over 150 Legal Scholars say do it

Jan 22, 2021, 12:24 PM

150 Constitutional Legal Scholars vs. Many Republicans who

Jan 22, 2021, 12:54 PM

realize what a giant shitstain Trump is on the Republican Party?

You can't see the difference?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 12:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Since they're going through with it - is there any chance

Jan 22, 2021, 12:53 PM

they get 17 Republicans to vote to convict?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they can find 17 with 6 years before they run again...

Jan 22, 2021, 12:57 PM

and from center right constituencies, maybe...

I think the Republicans all want to make sure he doesn't run in 2024 but find a way to do it without driving his base away from the party.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Impeaching him will definitely lose that base. Trump would

Jan 22, 2021, 1:02 PM

lose in a primary if the Republicans narrow the field down to 2 (Trump and whoever) early in the process.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe...

Jan 22, 2021, 1:07 PM

but if Cruz and Hawley and some others get to grandstand about it and vote no, but it still happens, then maybe they succeed in getting his base back to one of them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since they're going through with it - is there any chance

Jan 22, 2021, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Since they're going through with it - is there any chance ]

Who knows if true, but...

Jan 22, 2021, 1:06 PM

there are rumblings in stories about groups of R's quietly trying to figure out who would be safe to vote for it. Some who won't vote for it will actually gain the most from it if it happens, like Cruz and Hawley. If they can grandstand against it and make a show of it, but still have it happen, then they both look like potential 2024 candidates.

You would think that they might listen to the evidence

Jan 22, 2021, 1:11 PM

presented in the trial before making a decision, but I guess that is no longer how our legal system works.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think that's how this is going to work...

Jan 22, 2021, 1:14 PM

but I also think the evidence is pretty well known.

The evidence is on twitter and video with more coming every

Jan 22, 2021, 1:19 PM [ in reply to You would think that they might listen to the evidence ]

day that only reinforces the fact that the president was the instigator. All of the terrorists' lawyers are spelling it out in no uncertain terms that their clients were acting at the behest of the president.

you can opine all you want, but

Jan 22, 2021, 1:39 PM

Re: The evidence is on twitter and video with more coming every

Jan 22, 2021, 1:45 PM [ in reply to The evidence is on twitter and video with more coming every ]

I you can call Trump the instigator of the riot, guess you'd have to call Obama the instigator of all those murders of police.

Your disagreement is with the terrorists who said Trump

Jan 22, 2021, 1:55 PM

made them do it.

FYI. It was Trump supporters who killed a policeman on January 6th.

Australia!***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: The evidence is on twitter and video with more coming every ]

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

A good lawyer will say Q may have told them - but Trump

Jan 22, 2021, 5:58 PM [ in reply to The evidence is on twitter and video with more coming every ]

himself didn't. They can't say Trump caused the riot with his speech because these guys showed up already planning to do it...

They will be looking at Trump's words prior to January 6th

Jan 22, 2021, 6:26 PM

as well. It's all on video and twitter.

Then you have the intelligence briefings the White House received leading up to January 6th that informed the president, in no uncertain terms, of the effects his words were having on the people planning to attend and terrorize the Capitol. He was getting daily, and even hourly feedback on social media, of how his words were being perceived.

They're also following the money.

The evidence will only get worse for Trump.

He isn't on a criminal trial.***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:06 PM [ in reply to You would think that they might listen to the evidence ]

So no trail needed at all. Just vote based on twitter

Jan 23, 2021, 8:01 AM

and other media reports.

Yes. Smart Republicans will use this opportunity to remove

Jan 22, 2021, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Since they're going through with it - is there any chance ]

the giant shitstain and his hold over their party with the help of Democrats.

If they don't Trump will continue to hold sway and divide the party into two easily defeated camps.

If Mitch says to convict, they'll convict.

Jan 22, 2021, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Since they're going through with it - is there any chance ]

He'll make a calculated decision on it based on future elections. Whichever direction he goes, that's the way he thinks will be the smart move to get GOP control back to the Senate.

Message was edited by: Catahoula®

Agreed, it's basically up to him.***

Jan 22, 2021, 1:17 PM

"Mitch said to me he wants Trump gone," one Republican

Jan 22, 2021, 1:33 PM [ in reply to If Mitch says to convict, they'll convict. ]

member of Congress told CNN. "It is in his political interest to have him gone. It is in the GOP interest to have him gone. The question is, do we get there?"

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/22/politics/mcconnell-trump-impeachment-conviction-republicans/index.html

Re: If Mitch says to convict, they'll convict.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:09 PM [ in reply to If Mitch says to convict, they'll convict. ]

I think the smartest play would be to loudly condemn Trump's actions, but for GOP Senators to vote Not Guilty or abstain.Impeachment is a political process for removal of an individual. The voters have already performed this task. Trump will not be elected again. Of the 34 Senators up for reelection in 2022, 20 are GOP and only 14 Dems.

Each GOP Senator has to assess what a guilty vote would mean. For many if not all, it would mean facing a primary challenger and even if the Senator were to prevail in the primary, the Senator would be weakened and many GOP Trump backers would stay home in the general election.

It's easy for McConnell to suddenly grow a set since he won't have to face the voters for 6 more years when he will be 84 yrs old. Other Senators are not in his position.

If Trump were still in the situation of holding office for a month or more, then impeachment and removal would make more sense for the good of the country in my opinion as one who voted for him. However, since he is out of office, I don't see the upside for the GOP playing along with this.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:42 PM

Yep. Absolutely. What could be better than watching a bunch of unhinged, vulgar, hateful unpatriotic a$$es make fools of themselves and embarrass the congress. I would kill for a front row seat!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 12:28 AM

Thank you for not using the term Liberal

For everyone saying it will prevent him

Jan 23, 2021, 4:29 AM

From being able to hold the office again, he won’t even sniff it

Remember the Tea Party?

I would hope that in 4 years his supporters will have chilled out and won’t be his “supporters” anymore

Assuming Biden and Co don’t take their guns and money, they will be back to normal

The GOP should realize he will be forgotten very soon

Maybe I’ll be wrong, but I don’t see him coming close to running and not even as a republican.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic