Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Encounter with an OSU "Fan"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 2,051

Encounter with an OSU "Fan"

Mar 1, 2017, 5:17 PM

I had an interesting encounter with a buckeye "fan" the other day. I am currently attending a conference at the Ritz Carlton in Lake Tahoe (what a hard life, right?). Well, I'm arranging my ski rental for the next day when in clomps a large dude, who looks like a football player, wearing an Ohio State jacket with numerous patches down the right sleeve. The slopes haven't been open two hours and he is wanting to return his stuff. He comments that has fallen more than he has skied and the boots are killing his feet. He is good natured and joking about his dislike of skiing. So I cant resist making a comment about how not only is skiing not his thing but football must not be either after this years playoff game. I then show him my phone with its orange skinit decal with its large white paw. He laughs and gives me a fist pump and makes a commit about staying out of the kitchen if you can't take the heat. We then have a nice conversation about football and he raves about how great DW4 and Mike Williams is going to be in the pros. He compares MW to some former OSU receiver who was good in the pros. Since I don't keep up with former OSU and pro football I didn't know who he was taking about but he must have been good in his opinion.
So, after some small talk with my wive about how he now knows how women feel after wearing uncomfortable "fancy" shoes, I ask if he played for OSU. He simply said yes he played from 2002-2006. I ask what position and he said quarterback. This still meant nothing to me so I ask him his name. He responded Troy Smith. This still meant nothing to me and I told him it was nice meeting him and talking to him as he left.
As he was leaving, in walks another hotel quest who ask "was that Troy Smith you were just talking to"? I respond that was what he said his name was and stupid me ask how did you know his name? The guy helping me with my boots then informs me he was the Heisman Trophy winner in 2006 and that he played pro ball for the Ravens.
So, I made fun of/insulted a former Heisman winner. The worse part was that I did not get to ask who he voted for this past year.
PS: May wife wanted to know why he had all those marijuana patches on the sleeve of his coat. I explained those where buckeyes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Encounter with an OSU "Fan"

Mar 1, 2017, 8:27 PM

good story. I wouldn't have known who he was either

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: Encounter with an OSU "Fan"

Mar 1, 2017, 8:30 PM

U must be really young lol. Great story. I am old and remember Troy smith well. He was great but he wasn't DW4

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 2,051
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic