Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN article about Justin Foster's retirement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

ESPN article about Justin Foster's retirement

Feb 25, 2021, 9:47 AM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30958869/clemson-justin-foster-retires-citing-issues-asthma-covid-19

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: ESPN article about Justin Foster's retirement

Feb 25, 2021, 10:06 AM

David Hale has to spin it as a long term Covid issue to support his agenda

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 10:20 AM

Ummm, pretty sure JF said he never fully recovered from Covid. This isn't a MSM conspiracy.

Covid 100% affected his ability to play football at an elite level.

He as able to play previously with Asthma and Allergies. He caught Covid. Then was unable to fully recover and play.

This is a serious virus and not a hoax.

Feb 25, 2021, 10:35 AM

Sure it’s a real virus. But it didn’t kill the amount of people the media has proclaimed.

Feb 25, 2021, 10:57 AM

It didn't kill 500,000+ people? And exactly how would YOU know that? If anything, the numbers might be underreported because we don't know how many people died from it without a positive COVID-19 test.

Feb 25, 2021, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN article about Justin Foster's retirement ]

It's true, the number is probably closer to 800-900K - possibly even a million. Glad we agree.

Through Dec 26th, 334k more Americans had died in 2020

Feb 25, 2021, 12:03 PM

than in 2019 -- 2,852,609 in 2019 vs 3,187,086 in 2020 (through 12/26). So we'll assume the incremental deaths are all COVID-related.

https://usafacts.org/articles/preliminary-us-death-statistics-more-deaths-in-2020-than-2019-coronavirus-age-flu/

So far in 2021 COVID has reportedly killed 152k. Assuming this figure is somewhat accurate, that's a cumulative total of 486k. So where are the other 300-400k deaths coming from?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Through Dec 26th, 334k more Americans had died in 2020

Feb 25, 2021, 3:06 PM

Well few things

1) Apparently you don't understand sarcasm as the other poster was insinuating that the 500K total was overstated in his comment without being specific in how it was being wrong. So i was agreeing with him but challenging him that in fact the number is too low

2) If you're going to present stats, i would go beyond the number 1 google link (which is what you chose) to ensure you get the most accurate data or go to source data. Here is a link to the CDC with the up to date data...

Now is the number closer to 900K? No i don't believe it is. Is it maybe closer to 600K than 500K i would argue it would be as from Jan-March of last year there were likely many Covid related deaths which were listed as other deaths. As well, there is statistical evidence showing that other deaths from accidents, etc were down throughout 2020 but excess deaths were significantly up in every week. This would correspond to underreported data.

Anyway, the fact are ... this virus is dangerous. over half a million people in the US alone have died from it and i just wonder why people are so adamant about trying to show it isn't dangerous or something to be concerned about. This young man has had his football career cut short by Covid. He declaring this personally - and dbags on this board continue to challenge the accuracy of the information as a conspiracy.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

Just being unbiased here..

Feb 25, 2021, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: ESPN article about Justin Foster's retirement ]

but I dont see any spin from David Hale in this article. Foster and Dabo both said Covid got him bad considering his asthma and is what it is. Besides, why would a sportswriter have an agenda to end sports bc of covid...when his job depends on the sports to be played?

Feb 26, 2021, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN article about Justin Foster's retirement ]

The only spin I see is the statement that Dabo was disappointed, without including that he wants what is best for his players long term. Dabo NEVER just says he is disappointed without wrapping up on a positive note.

Feb 26, 2021, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN article about Justin Foster's retirement ]

I'm just glad he graduated and has plans for his future outside of football.

I hate that. Wish him the best and a lot of happiness going

Feb 25, 2021, 10:40 AM

forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate that. Wish him the best and a lot of happiness going

Feb 26, 2021, 12:12 AM

THIS **

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic