Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we really want FSU to take a step back?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,087

Do we really want FSU to take a step back?

Nov 30, 2017, 9:48 AM

I've been thinking about this more than i care to admit, but I'm really not sure that we benefit from turmoil at FSU. I'm not sure we want that program to be "down." Sure it makes our path to the conference title game easier, but our goal right now isn't just to make it to the ACCCG. We want to win the ACC, we want to be in the playoff picture, and we want to compete for national titles. In that regard, having FSU down seems pretty short-sighted to me.

I really think that having a good FSU team in our division helps push our own program to get better. It's healthy competition - just like with position battles on the football field. How good were we when FSU was having issues from 2001-2008? Not very. Heck, we didn't even make an ACCCG during that span. No, it wasn't until FSU won a national title, made the playoff 2 years in a row, and bashed our brains in on our home field in 2013, that we finally turned the corner. Was that a coincidence? Maybe. But if you don't think having a national championship caliber FSU team kick our butts 3 years in a row from 2012-2014 motivated Dabo and this staff to step up their game, you're crazy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.

Nov 30, 2017, 9:49 AM

I would like for them to take 3 steps back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I understand the sentiment. It's very easy to feel that way***

Nov 30, 2017, 9:52 AM

I also understand the point you're making.***

Nov 30, 2017, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Do we really want FSU to take a step back?

Nov 30, 2017, 9:50 AM

No but I have never liked their let them get away with anything and still play culture

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's a little late to ask that question.***

Nov 30, 2017, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They've already taken a few jumps back.***

Nov 30, 2017, 9:53 AM

Nah, its only 1 season right now. There hasn't been much

Nov 30, 2017, 9:57 AM

long-term damage done - YET. The right coach could step in next year, go 11-2, and nobody would bat an eye.

Nov 30, 2017, 9:54 AM

from 2001 - 2008 the bowden boys were running things. that is no longer the case at either school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2017, 9:59 AM

Yes, i would rather them take a step back, and for Miami/VT to take a step up.

I think having a Bama/LSU relationship is good for us. From time to time they beat us, but otherwise, we own the division. Then we play a really good counterpart in the Championship game.

So if FSU stayed in the 12-18 rankings range, and get UM/VT top-10 consistently, i think that's best for us.

Nov 30, 2017, 10:12 AM

I'm not sure that they would with Taggert or Fuente

How much farther can they step back?

Nov 30, 2017, 10:14 AM

They only won 3 or 4 games this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nov 30, 2017, 10:32 AM

YES ! I hate the crimanoles. Their culture couldn't be any more different from ours. As others have said, I would prefer some other programs to step up.

Of course we do - biggest threat in recruiting and division***

Nov 30, 2017, 10:37 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,087
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic