Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DeShaun made Lions fans happy yesterday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

DeShaun made Lions fans happy yesterday

Nov 30, 2020, 10:58 PM

I know this isn’t an NFL board and most “fans” on this board have disowned him but this is funny

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/detroit-lions-fans-donate-money-to-houston-texans-qbs-charity-after-his-performance-led-to-the-lions-firing-their-coach-11606757937

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DeShaun made Lions fans happy yesterday

Dec 1, 2020, 12:04 AM

Well played Lions fans

Who in the world has "disowned" DW4?!?

Dec 1, 2020, 6:59 AM

Inquiring minds want to know...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who in the world has "disowned" DW4?!?

Dec 1, 2020, 7:51 AM

You have to travel back in time to last Thursday and Friday and see how many reacted that way after he kneeled for the anthem on Thanksgiving

Dec 1, 2020, 8:07 AM

I certainly continue to hold DeShaun in high regard as a football player and more so as a person while disagreeing with his decision not to stand for the National Anthem. I'm sure many of his fellow teammates who continue to stand respectfully during the anthem have the same feelings towards DeShaun and DeShaun towards them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 10:11 AM

A Clemson fan should know that his name isn’t “DeShaun”. HTH.

Dec 1, 2020, 10:36 AM

Noodle said:

A Clemson fan should know that his name isn’t “DeShaun”. HTH.

My bad! Deshaun! Hey, I'm getting a little long in the tooth.

Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson

Dec 1, 2020, 8:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Who in the world has "disowned" DW4?!? ]

would feel that way about Deshaun Watson. I mean, I can believe some of the morans on this board would feel that way, but not the true sons and daughters of Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson

Dec 1, 2020, 8:49 AM

I call BS! I love Clemson and I like DeShawn as a football player, but do not have any respect for Watson anymore, regardless of what he has done in the past for charity or whatever, BECAUSE I love America much more than I love Clemson, DeShawn or any other player. What did DeShawn just sign a new contract for, $170+ million? We'll guess what, the United States of America gave Watson that opportunity not ANY other nation in the world. BLM and ANTIFA, are the culprits who put these ideas in the heads of these athletes and entertainers, and both those organizations are nothing but Domestic Terrorists, nothing more! BLM first got any headlines, back when obama was President, when they marched down the streets of Dallas Texas shouting, "what do we want, DEAD COPS", and then they proceeded to ambush and kill 5 police officers. Now BLM, DeShawn Watson and other athletes say they are taking a knee to show that Blacks like George Floyd are treated badly by the police. That is BS too! George Floyd is responsible for his death, not ANY policeman, period. Floyd was nothing but a common career criminal, who had his last encounter with the police while committing yet another felony. All these black athletes and entertainers say they are speaking up to protect black men from the police, well if you commit a crime and you are arrested, then you are going to jail, to fight, run, or disrespect the police is doing one thing after you are arrested, putting yourself in a position to be hurt, harmed or possibly killed and the perp, not the police, created this situation. So DeShawn Watson, and all these other players take a knee, are hurting themselves, and causing people like myself, who love America, to never watch the NFL and try my best NEVER to purchase anything that is advertised on an NFL game! DeShawn, America and Americans have give you the tremendous opportunity you have, if you can't see that, then you have lost much of the respect that you may have earned in the past.

Oh I get it. You’re spelling his name wrong on purpose

Dec 1, 2020, 8:55 AM

To signify you’re basically telling him to #### off

Yes, thank you for proving my point!

Dec 1, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson ]

It takes a true moran to no longer have respect for DW4.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Nice. I've never seen the most toxic parts of Tigernet

Dec 1, 2020, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson ]

encapsulated in a single post as well as yours. And that's saying something after the past 8 months.

Bravo, sir. What are your thoughts on the Confederate flag and gay marriage?

Lol

Dec 1, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson ]

You try not to buy anything advertised during an NFL game? And never watch the NFL? What are you, a wizard? How do you know what is and isn't advertised during games you don't watch?

Also, what chapter do you belong to and when is the next rally?

Dec 1, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson ]

Thanks for helping me to see things more clearly. I went back and watched the Floyd video. It was truly a model for how the police should behave. I had also missed seeing how Floyd continued to grasp the cop's knee and clutch it tightly to his neck which was really a bad move on his part. Seriously, you think Floyd deserved what transpired for trying to pass off a fake $20 and for using drugs? All the details of the case aren't out yet. It could be that the toxicology results lead to the cop getting off as Floyd did indeed have a toxic level of Fentanyl in his system. I doubt the cop gets convicted of murder, but I don't see how he's not at least guilty of involuntary manslaughter. Life is not always simple. I don't agree with the kneeling. I don't think it furthers the dialogue on the relationship between blacks and the police, but I also have to acknowledge that I view this through a different prism
than many blacks. I respect DeShaun. If he starts wearing socks depicting cops as pigs or wearing a Fidel T shirt like Kaepernick, then I will not respect him. DeShaun is a man who is giving back to the community. I disagree with him on the National Anthem, but still hold him in high regard.

Dec 1, 2020, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson ]

Easily one of the dumbest paragraphs I have ever read in my life. Not only is it full of bad takes, racist insinuations and victim blaming but it also has random stream of thought statements presented as fact. Good job on making one of the dumbest posts that anyone on the planet will make today. Happy I was allowed to see it.

Dec 1, 2020, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson ]

You haven’t figured it out yet? They don’t care if you watch or not. They have a right to their opinion whether you agree with it or not. I don’t like the anthem protests but I’m not going to stop watching because of it.

Just stop watching. And then s t f u.

Yes, George Floyd was a career criminal, but let's be clear

Dec 1, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Good Lord, are you serious? Nobody who truly loves Clemson ]

the reason that he is dead is because Derek Chauvin held his knee on his neck for almost 10 minutes. Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Jacob Blake and others made poor decisions that put a series of ensuing decisions in motion that cost them their lives. There is a difference in an officer or private citizen making a decision to use lethal force by pulling a trigger versus choking someone out for that long. Floyd was no model citizen or hero, but I do know that he did not deserve to die in the manner that he did (yes. even with drugs in his system that probably elevated his heart rate) Chauvin cost businesses millions of dollars, gave legitimacy to groups like BLM and Antifa, set police community relations back decades, and if truth be known probably played a huge part in swinging the election, fraud not withstanding.

As far as DW4, I disagree with his actions but still respect him as a sovereign citizen of this country and still hold him in the highest esteem of any Clemson player to wear the uniform. I know that he preaches and practices love not hate or division. In my eyes he is still and will always be the G.O.A.T.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess I missed all that

Dec 4, 2020, 12:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Who in the world has "disowned" DW4?!? ]

Who cares if he knelt for the anthem?

I wouldn't do it. Obviously there is a disconnect there. I think it is very offensive to kneel for the anthem. As a combat veteran who lost friends in combat, I think we should cross our hearts or stand at attention and reflect on those who paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. The sons, brothers, and fathers who didn't come home to their families...

But, to each his own. Just because I use the time that the national anthem is played to silently and actively appreciate the sacrifice of the fallen, doesn't mean that's how everyone should use it.

Does that erase all the good that DW4 has done for his fellow human beings? He has started multiple charities and dedicated a lot of his time and money to the betterment of mankind. I can't imagine disowning someone with that much character. He could marry my daughter, and I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Dec 1, 2020, 7:44 AM

I wondered how he and this related to Lion fans

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2020, 8:40 AM

Good one!

Any Clemson fans who have disowned Deshaun should ask themselves where Clemson would be now without him. He gave far more during his career than the 110% Frank Howard required to touch his Rock. Disagree with him if you will, but disown...nope.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 1, 2020, 9:22 AM

It is wrong to disrespect America to further any personal cause that you may have. That is true for any citizen of this country Regardless of his race, his profession , where he went to school or anything else. There are many,many outlets that will allow you to have your voice heard. Watson is a first class young man but when your protest Mars your country you need to take a second look at yourself.

He didn’t disrespect America

Dec 1, 2020, 9:47 AM

Maybe he disrespected YOUR America...but thankfully you don’t get to define what America means to others.

Dec 1, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: DeShaun made Lions fans happy yesterday ]

Can you put into words how:

1)Kneeling during a song is disrespecting a country
2)How a mass of land can with artificially draw borders can have feelings?

Dec 1, 2020, 10:08 AM

Well, “fans on this board” that have “disowned” him is an extremely small sample of Clemson fans...I don’t know a single real person who has “disowned” DW4.

Most of the people here don’t really act like Clemson fans. Probably because many are not.

Just a bunch of haters that don’t realize this is not facebook.

Lions fans are like any other.. simple minded

Dec 1, 2020, 10:16 AM

They think football problems are simple.

The biggest problem detroit has goes all the way to tne top.

You give 200 mil to an above average qb. That is your problem.

He is Scott Mitchel with a Aaron Roger's price tag.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic