Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D-Day June 6th
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

D-Day June 6th

Jun 5, 2020, 8:15 PM

Tomorrow, June 6th is the 76th anniversary of D-Day. I just want to thank all WW2 veterans, living or dead for their sacrifice in that War to save the world. Thank you!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D-Day June 6th

Jun 5, 2020, 8:37 PM

To the greatest generation, thank you!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luckily most of them aren't around to have to witness

Jun 5, 2020, 8:48 PM
DoorToHell.jpg(49.4 K)

what's become of their country.

Rest in Peace my Friends. You did your duty. And you did it with full measure.

Re: Luckily most of them aren't around to have to witness

Jun 5, 2020, 9:02 PM

I'm waiting for somebody to denounce this post as "racist". Our country has become a complete joke and the ideals those soldier's faught for died with them.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 12:07 AM

Reckless96 said:

I'm waiting for somebody to denounce this post as "racist". Our country has become a complete joke and the ideals those soldier's faught for died with them.

And what ideals are those that we have lost?

Respect for your fellow citizens would be at the top of the

Jun 6, 2020, 8:30 AM

list.

Jun 6, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Luckily most of them aren't around to have to witness ]

My dad was wounded in Normandy. He and thousands of others went overseas to stamp out the hatred and bigotry of Nazi Germany. I thank God for the men and women who sacrificed so much. We need more like 'em today.

Jun 5, 2020, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Luckily most of them aren't around to have to witness ]

I’m sure my grandfather would denounce police brutality too. This country is still great. Has been great and In spite of trump will continue to be great.

Jun 5, 2020, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Luckily most of them aren't around to have to witness ]

I’m sure my grandfather would denounce police brutality too. This country is still great. Has been great and In spite of trump will continue to be great.

Jun 5, 2020, 8:52 PM

Not familiar with your Knights of the Air crest. Who does it represent? Thanks.

Jun 5, 2020, 10:13 PM

It was the 114th Assault Helicopter Company based in Vinh Long, Vietnam . The unit that I flew in. Call sign Knights of the Air

Jun 5, 2020, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: D-Day June 6th ]

If you feel Trump is the current problem, you are not following the current pillage of America's entrepreneurs in many places across the USA and the obvious disdain for the flag and the Country.
D-Day is so very special to thousands--no millions--in our land and Western Europe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 9:18 PM

Amen! My father flew a glider into Normandy on June 7th, 1944. My uncle and great uncle also fought in WWII. They and millions of others were in their own way and time fighting tyranny and racism. I know some of them as we today have different opinions of today’s events. But we live in a free democracy. I hope it stays that way..and gets better!
Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you everyone for your service!***

Jun 5, 2020, 9:20 PM

Jun 5, 2020, 9:30 PM

Remember these folks prior to and when you enter Memorial Stadium each home game. Everyone gave 100% on this mission but many gave their life. When we loose sight of this there is no reason to enter Memorial Stadium. Don’t let these men and women not get their respect tomorrow or any other day we enjoy our freedom.

Jun 5, 2020, 9:30 PM

Indeed! The Greatest Generation!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 10:01 PM

I'll get my uncle Virgil's pocket Bible that he carried on D-Day and read from it tomorrow. He made notes in it before, during, and after the invasion at Normandy. I also have his bayonet. And yes he lived to the ripe ole age of 78.
He lived in Greer, SC, and was always involved with kids sports (coaching, umpiring, and organizing). He was a great guy and I miss him.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

76 years ago, in a few more hours just after midnight

Jun 5, 2020, 10:05 PM

the brave paratroopers and gliders from the 101st Airborne and the 82nd Airborne will be jumping/landing in France as the D-Day invasion begins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrw_uMWlgI

Another WWII event of monumental importance is the Battle of Midway that occurred from 4 - 6 June 1942. Our Navy located and sank 4 Japanese carriers in the vicinity of Midway Island changing the tide of the war in the Pacific.

God bless those brave men who fought in those battles to free the world from tyranny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 76 years ago, in a few more hours just after midnight

Jun 6, 2020, 2:56 AM

The USS Yorktown limped into Pearl Harbor badly damaged afyer the Battle of the Coral Sea. The men that repaired her in 3 days and allowed her to join to the Enterprise and Hornet ( the Yorktown was subsequently sunk during the battle) as well as all of the sailors and pilots, deserve our undying gratitude.

Re: 76 years ago, in a few more hours just after midnight***

Jun 6, 2020, 9:20 PM [ in reply to 76 years ago, in a few more hours just after midnight ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 76 years ago, in a few more hours just after midnight

Jun 6, 2020, 9:22 PM [ in reply to 76 years ago, in a few more hours just after midnight ]

the brave paratroopers and gliders from the 101st Airborne and the 82nd Airborne will be jumping/landing in France as the D-Day invasion begins...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCrw_uMWlgI

Another WWII event of monumental importance is the Battle of Midway that occurred from 4 - 6 June 1942. Our Navy located and sank 4 Japanese carriers in the vicinity of Midway Island changing the tide of the war in the Pacific.

God bless those brave men who fought in those battles to free the world from tyranny.

You are so right. This was the turning point of the war for us in the Pacific. We beat the Japs in every battle.

Time to watch Band of Brothers***

Jun 5, 2020, 10:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Time to watch Band of Brothers***

Jun 5, 2020, 11:24 PM

Saving Private Ryan. Another great D-Day movie.

Re: Time to watch Band of Brothers***

Jun 5, 2020, 11:43 PM

... speaking of movies.... "The Longest Day".

Jun 6, 2020, 7:31 AM

My dad delivered troops to Omaha Beach on D-Day. He was on LST-2 ("The Deuce") and drove those landing crafts to the beach.

Jun 6, 2020, 7:39 AM

God bless this field of Heroes. May we never forget their courage and sacrifices they made for all the freedoms we enjoy today. Rest peacefully our Greatest Generation.

Message was edited by: CUTig62®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2020, 8:07 AM

My wife and I watched 1917 the other day. Wow!!! What great movie. It truly gives you a glimpse of the atrocities in WW1. I strongly recommend it.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jun 6, 2020, 11:33 AM

I was too young to be there but my family used our yard to raise vegs which we canned and sent to my uncle who was with McAuthur.

My dad tried to volunteer but was told that he was too old, would be used only as a guard, thus he had his employees volunteer and paid their families while they were away.

THE GREATEST GENERATION!

Jun 6, 2020, 11:32 AM

My dad was in US Navy at the time. Watching Band of Brothers as I usually do on D-Day. THE Greatest Generation !!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I join you in that! I would also like to mention my

Jun 6, 2020, 3:22 PM

grandfather's cousin, who on this day was in one of the first waves ashore at Normandy. He survived D-Day, but died a little over a month later on July 12 in an artilary blast as they made their way accross the continent. He had already been wounded in North Africa and participated in the invasion of Italy before going to England to prepare fo D-Day.

My grandmother, his sister-in-law, wrote to and received many letters from him and another relative that was in the war. She would do these for my grandfather who was working. The news after July 12 was devastating to them all.

The Greatest Generation Indeed!

Jun 6, 2020, 7:13 PM

Remembering a cousin from G'ville who jumped with the 82nd on D-day, but unfortunately landed in the midst of a German regiment. Was captured +2 after killing a few and sent to Dresden for the remainder of the war. Spent some time digging through cellars for survivors after bomb drops. Author Kurt Vonnegut was forced to do that as well after capture during the Battle of the Bulge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Anyone who wants to glamorize war should watch the D-Day

Jun 6, 2020, 11:37 PM

scenes from Saving Private Ryan. There is a reason why veterans who have seen combat do not like to talk about it. Thanks to all of them, we get to have the free will in this country to act like blooming idiots, at least lately. I pray we come to our senses soon, before the entire country burns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic