Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cuse isn't that bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Cuse isn't that bad

Oct 16, 2017, 12:36 PM

I know the game has turned into who has more 4 or 5 stars, but universities that don't have that luxury must rely on schemes to make talent a disadvantage. This is why the ACC is so difficult to play in as opposed to the SEC or Big 10.

The SEC has billed itself as an NFL football minor league, which is fine. But to do that, nearly every team is built the same with 4 and 5 star players. In this case, if you prepare for UGA, UT, UF, etc., you largely prepare for everyone.

The ACC however, is difficult because we have to prepare for so many different types of schemes. Name another league which deals with the triple option to the spread on crack to the FSU prostyle? We have to do that EVERY year. This doesn't even bring into account the Louisville and NC State's more familiar schemes but who view us as the biggest game of the year and occasionally have elite teams to compete with us.

Dino Barber's has said his offense takes hold about game 4-6 of this year. We were game 7. You could see it happen. They played really well at LSU as well, so i wouldn't hold our heads in shame. We got out schemed and will have to take this game more seriously as we go forward.

But also lets remember this game makes us stronger. There is literally very little we won't have seen offensively by the end of the year. SEC/Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10 can throw whatever they want at us and we will be prepared.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you better hope so! Our defense was clueless***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:39 PM

Umm, yes. Yes, they are.***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:42 PM

Clemson was 25 point favorite...

Oct 16, 2017, 12:43 PM

and Cuse lost to Middle Tennessee State a few weeks ago.

No matter how you slice it or spin it, this was a really, really bad loss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson was 25 point favorite...

Oct 16, 2017, 12:46 PM

MTSU was their trap game.

yes, does it hurt? Sure. But for what we prepare for every year, there is going to be one game that our defense will struggle with. The staff can only prepare so much with so limited time.

Yeah yeah yeah, and LSU lost to Troy at home and then beat

Oct 16, 2017, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Clemson was 25 point favorite... ]

Auburn.

Oklahoma beat Ohio State on the road and then lost at home to Iowa State at around a 26-30 point favorite.

Last year we were also a 3 TD favorite against Pitt, and we all know how that turned out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah yeah yeah, and LSU lost to Troy at home and then beat

Oct 16, 2017, 5:25 PM

To add on to that, Iowa State was using a walk-on QB and even let a MLB take some snaps.

Much worse than Pitt last year, imo.***

Oct 16, 2017, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Clemson was 25 point favorite... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree, Pitt was at home.***

Oct 16, 2017, 5:31 PM

I was in the dome. Their players looked like HS players

Oct 16, 2017, 12:43 PM

compared to us. I'm surprised we didn't break a few of them.

So it was the heat? The unbelievable NY sweltering heat??***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Miami will destroy them***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami will destroy them***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:51 PM

Because Richt now has a motivator to say what happens when you take them lightly (like we did)

You mean like we should have***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Miami will destroy them*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They lost to Middle Tennessee.

Oct 16, 2017, 12:45 PM

They are a bad football team that we should be able to beat with our second string.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True . . .

Oct 16, 2017, 12:46 PM

But they did lose to MTSU. If their offense takes 4-6 games to gel, and there are only 12 games in a season, then how good of a strategy is that, really? Even if true, does this mean that if we played them 6 times between now and thanksgiving, they should beat us 4 or 5 of those times b/c they're good enough after 4-6 mulligans? I mean, even if their O has gelled properly, we should put up a better fight, with more discipline and offensive adjustments, than that one.

I don't much like Cuse, but I'll pull for them the rest of the way so that that loss looks better. Well, except that they need to lose one more for our sake (for div standings).

Re: True . . .

Oct 16, 2017, 12:51 PM

Sorry, game 4-6 in year two of his program.

Once everyone has time to learn it because it is complicated.

Ha- OIC!! Gotcha**

Oct 16, 2017, 5:01 PM

d

signed MTSU......just face it...we lost to a bad team***

Oct 16, 2017, 12:47 PM

Re: Cuse isn't that bad

Oct 16, 2017, 5:34 PM

Well their quarterback is not that bad. As a matter of fact, he made KB and ZC look really bad.

Re: Cuse isn't that bad

Oct 16, 2017, 7:49 PM

I'm telling you Dino Babers is getting traction and if he stays at Syracuse for awhile they will become a team we dread playing. Kind of like BC back during the Bowden years.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic