Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018

May 30, 2018, 5:34 PM

No idea how this happened but apparently he is enrolled at Tennessee. Chicken curse strikes again

https://twitter.com/austinpriceless/status/1001931385442009090?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't have time to read it all, but didn't it say he made

May 30, 2018, 5:44 PM

the decision not to sign with South Carolina "just before signing day". How is this an example of them losing their top recruit? I was expecting to see that someone they signed and expected to enroll had jumped ship.

Re: Didn't have time to read it all, but didn't it say he made

May 30, 2018, 5:52 PM

I think the expectation was he was going to sign with them. Apparently he changed his mind

Thanks, I guess it was one of those where he needed

May 30, 2018, 10:33 PM

more to qualify, did indeed qualify and then left them at the alter. Good to know.

Re: Didn't have time to read it all, but didn't it say he made

May 30, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Didn't have time to read it all, but didn't it say he made ]

He committed to them today, not sure how that works but he did. Probably required credit recovery and such to graduate.

Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018

May 30, 2018, 5:55 PM

Looking at their 247 board looks like he had some off the field “issues” no one is willing to reveal.

Looks to be Sexual Assault.

Message was edited by: JDude43

LOL coot.***

May 30, 2018, 6:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Thanks JDud. You bring us all the news straight out of the coop.

May 30, 2018, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018 ]

Now go back where you came from. Sore loser.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like he would have been a nice fit.*****

May 30, 2018, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018 ]

Re: Sounds like he would have been a nice fit.*****

May 31, 2018, 3:57 PM

That's what SHE said...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he just wanted to be closer to home

May 30, 2018, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018 ]

Something about a sick relative?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2018, 8:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018 ]

He probably didn't fit the prototype at Coot U , huh ? Will Muschamp has a specific player template , and he will only take an exact match so that they may continue upcycling or whatever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Interesting this wasn't brought up until he signed elsewhere***

May 30, 2018, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018 ]

Clemson

Tell 'em coot

May 31, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018 ]

LOL...as if something like that has ever mattered to $CU...

May 31, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018 ]

and was never brought-up until he signed elsewhere.

$CU knows the ONLY WAY they can compete is to take recruits with questionable character or cheat.

Bless your heart !!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 30, 2018, 5:58 PM

State paper confirms this**

http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article209603614.html

May 30, 2018, 6:07 PM

In the Shrine Bowl, he was second only to Derion Kendrick as the best athlete on the field. He was playing WR and was pretty much open all day long.

Biggest problem was his hands. He looked like he had replaced them with wooden paddles. He had 4-5 drops, minimum, in the time I was watching.

Dude is an athlete, but he isn't going to be on the offensive side of the ball.

Not sure what the off-the-field deal is. I know there were multiple red flags - grades as well as whatever those allegations are - regarding him. Considering Tennessee started the Fulmer Cup competition and was tailing just behind Baylor and FSU in the Atrocities Against Womenz category, I think he should fit in well there.

It does say something that Pruitt enthusiastically grabbed a guy that even Muschamp was only tentatively tapping with a fork. I'd heard the Vols were back to serious dirty pool under Pruitt (and their new AD, Phil Fulmer, the Founding Father of the Fulmer Cup), so hey...not really a shocker.

Well just look at how he's holding the ball in that pic!!

May 30, 2018, 7:13 PM

That's popped out easily for a fumble!! Gotta protect the rock better than that!!

May 30, 2018, 6:15 PM

https://247sports.com/player/bryce-thompson-92189

May 30, 2018, 6:22 PM

Hey Jdude, when did criminal history ever stop cootville from recruiting thugs ? There were like 35 arrests during Spurrier's reign.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2018, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots just lost their top rated recruit from 2018 ]

Looks like he is related to Lamar jackson..striking resemblance.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2018, 6:27 PM

Take this for what it’s worth, but I have spoken with people close to this kid who tell me he’s bad news. Scar is actually fortunate to lose him. I would even venture a guess that they backed away from him. Yes, it’s that bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

May 30, 2018, 6:33 PM

From everything I heard through his recruitment it has nothing to do with criminal activity but grades. Guy has some seriously bad grades. Appears he waited halfway through his senior year to take his school work serious. Makes you wonder how on earth Tennessee was able to get him through. South Carolina waited til March for him to get his grades up and he couldn't do it. Last I heard he was going to go through community college. This is Clemson's problem when it comes to recruiting. You have schools who don't care about rules and sometimes the recruits don't either. Until the NCAA can clean recruiting up in football and basketball I have no idea why they think they should make up more rules to govern.

I thought you were going to say that Josh Belk is going to

May 30, 2018, 8:05 PM

S C State.

May 30, 2018, 9:10 PM

Dude43 is Closer than most of your guesses but not exactly right. My son played with him. Actually Bryce matured a lot but too late as somethings of past caught up to him. I wish him the best as Having watched him since pop warner days nobody plays harder than him. No one !As coach Tom knotts says he is NFL material and if he keeps on the right path I think he is right. It will be as DB not on offense

What I can't figure is how UT takes him based on what kept him from Chickens. He wanted to Usuc but they wouldn't take him. This could blow up in Pruitt face but I am pulling for Bruce and hope he makes best of this opportunity.

May 31, 2018, 7:46 AM

Can someone please explain this to me....So during national signing day if you pick a school, do you not necessarily have to go there? I thought once the papers were signed you had to go to that school (unless you are transferring- then you have to sit out a year). And say if grades were the cause, I thought they would have to go to a juco or prep school...If one of our fall enrollees felt like he made the wrong choice, could he switch schools to a Alabama or Georiga or is it a rule to this?

May 31, 2018, 7:52 AM

He never signed a NLI with the Coots. If you sign it, you are obligated.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2018, 8:01 AM

So do you not technically have to sign on national signing day? You just have to sign before fall semester starts?

Re: Is this what they call "cycling in"??

May 31, 2018, 10:35 AM

Screw Calford.

May 31, 2018, 4:10 PM

#### I thought you were going to say Sandidge, Horn, or Vann. They were their top recruits. Thompson didnt even sign.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic