Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot football amateur hour
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Coot football amateur hour

Nov 16, 2020, 8:40 PM

Ray Tanner has to be the worst AD in history. When Spurrier quit, he had a LONG head start to find a new coach. He settled on Muschamp. He did not learn from that fiasco. You would think he would have a new coach lined up BEFORE firing Muschamp, but amateur hour prevails. Now he will be in a position of desperation once again when other teams start their search. The coots are the gift that keeps on giving!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How bad do you think that dude wishes he’d kept coaching baseball?

Nov 16, 2020, 8:48 PM

That’s all I can think of every time I see him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How bad do you think that dude wishes he’d kept coaching baseball?

Nov 16, 2020, 8:56 PM

I don’t know if He wishes that, but MOST of their fans do!

Re: Coot football amateur hour

Nov 16, 2020, 9:11 PM

He didn’t settle for boom. That’s the only coach that would go there. Remember he was like their 6th choice.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 9:27 PM

Here’s what is going to happen:

First, they’ll waste time checking with big game bob stoops. Next, they’ll spend 2 weeks trying to get a message to urban out in LA at the fox studios.

While they were doing this, Tennessee fires Pruitt and freeze takes that job.

Then they contact Napier who is in talks with Michigan after harbaugh is fired. He accepts that job.

After consulting with jimmy sexton, tanner is convinced that another former National championship coach is the best move and Les Miles is introduced as uofsc’s new coach. And joins the list of coaching greats that lost their last game.......to Clemson.

Please note, this is a work of speculation. None of the names have been changed.

Message was edited by: Boat Drinks®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 9:47 PM

Dang, is that you Ray Tanner? If not, you must have stolen his playbook.

Nov 17, 2020, 6:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Coot football amateur hour ]

Wish Spurrier and Mudchute would've lost their last games to Clemson , but the universe needed them and called them home .

queue Fivel Mouseqewicz singing the " Somewhere Out There " song .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

ray tanner is a perfect example of the fact that not all

Nov 16, 2020, 9:52 PM

coaches can be administrators just like not all coordinators are cut out to be head coaches. ;)

Perfect example of the Peter Principle.

Nov 17, 2020, 8:55 PM

Someone good at what they do is promoted until they get to the point where they are really bad!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perfect example of the Peter Principle.

Nov 17, 2020, 9:05 PM

Sure is!

Remember how Mack Brown talked about him? All the national media loved him because he was "the coach in waiting" at Texas.

Chad Morris is another great example of the Peter Principle. Though in hindsight; I am glad he left otherwise we would not have gotten a chance to see Elliott and Scott put that tough mindset on his offensive philosophy; that would morph into our current offense.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2020, 12:01 AM

This is actually the best year to fire a coach in the middle of the season because you won’t have much competition from other schools firing coaches in the middle of COVID. On the other hand, the pool of candidates will be smaller because not as many will want to jump ship and put together a staff in the middle of COVID. It’s kind of like selling your house at the top of the market - now you have to buy another house at the top of the market.

Nov 17, 2020, 12:04 AM

Hiring a baseball coach to be athletic director is like hiring the guy who cuts your grass to build you a house.

In fairness...

Nov 17, 2020, 8:15 AM

Tanner didn't really "settle" on CussChamp.

Pretty much every other coach on Tanner's list of potential replacements for Spurrier either turned him down, withdrew their names from consideration, or accepted offers at better programs.

Tanner hired NoChamp because he was desperate and pretty much out of other options.

I suspect the current search will be similar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic