Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him

Jun 1, 2020, 3:40 PM

The hate for him in the media and nationwide gets greater each passing year. Dabo is a man who thinks for himself and doesn’t change his opinions for anyone and that is becoming no longer allowable in America. Because he hasn’t issued some blanket statement on twitter ( he doesn’t have a twitter) he is racist according to many. No matter what he says on the issue people will still call him fake and a fraud. Sad times we are living in

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him

Jun 1, 2020, 3:42 PM

Not that I am trying to disagree with what you are saying, but could you provide some evidence or links of who is saying this about Dabo?

I saw an article by MSN today that was saying how ....

Jun 1, 2020, 3:50 PM

...disappointing it was that Dabo Swinney had been silent on this topic. I hate the media...

Re: I saw an article by MSN today that was saying how ....

Jun 1, 2020, 3:58 PM

Saw an article trashing DW4 for not “speaking out”.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:18 PM

Can you post the link?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 4:23 PM

This isn’t the one I was thinking about, but it’s similar.

https://deadspin.com/where-are-all-the-black-quarterback-voices-1843822615

Jun 1, 2020, 4:56 PM

This is the sh*t that kills me...Wilson & Watson I know for sure have been vocal on various racial issues across the country...Why would their viewpoint change now? Why do we need to hear from them...stupid man

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jun 1, 2020, 4:46 PM [ in reply to I saw an article by MSN today that was saying how .... ]

I'm disappointed MSN doesnt have any real news to cover given all that is going on. I for one am tired of an endless parade of tweets from known people who know nothing a bout what they comment on but must share their thoughts. I dont need them

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to I saw an article by MSN today that was saying how .... ]

And according to the media you are either pro murder, looting and burning down businesses or you're a fascist. Oh the irony.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him ]

I saw this early this AM. It is disgusting. I'd be willing to bet this guy doesn't have the guts to face Dabo, in person, and make these comments.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/dabo-swinney-staying-silent-while-trevor-lawrence-leads-sets-a-strange-example/ar-BB14QIby

Jun 1, 2020, 4:24 PM

The first story was done by Clemson Sports Writer, Zach Lentz.....the same one David Hood has written about.

He has since put out a public apology on Twitter about writing it.
https://twitter.com/ZachLentzSI/status/1267451830306516994

Jun 1, 2020, 4:46 PM

I don't read garbage like those stories because it's just that...garbage. Dabo doesn't have to speak out in the media, he speaks out every day of his life by setting a good Christian example for more of our black youth than most of these morons have ever encountered. He lives what these people want him to verbalize. As far as the black quarterbacks, they could speak out and tell these thug rioters to get their a$$e$ to work somewhere and do something positive to get our country and economy back on track and stop destroying the livelihood of people that work hard everyday to pay taxes so they can get a free ride in life. That may very well be what all of these athletes and coaches are thinking but can't say, so they say nothing.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him ]

I wasn't aware of the story that Lentz wrote. Even if I strongly disagree with someone, I won't personally attack him. I might think his writing is crap, but I would never say some of the things, that others obviously, have. That is hateful stuff. Seems like there's too much of that going around, lately.

We have no common decency with our platforms nowadays.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:10 AM

Anyone can hide behind a username. I’m as guilty as anyone. But while I don’t like his article, for anyone to say your wife died to get away from you is just trashy and not called for. I’m sick that someone who would call themselves human and more specifically may very well be a Clemson fan would say that.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him ]

Like I always say...if you gonna be dumb you better be tough.

Re: I don't know Zach Lentz

Jun 1, 2020, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him ]

But it seems that he gets a fair amount of righteous indignation from his former position as a youth pastor.

No one judges Christians more than former Christians or former fake Christians.

If all he learned as a youth pastor or in his training to become one was how to hold people of faith accountable to whatever the current whim of social morality is, he should never have been a "youth pastor". (I also question his credentials; many people self-appoint themselves the 'pastoral' title.)

Jesus was not a social agitator or community organizer. He fixed some specific problems but made others worse indirectly, because his purpose was primarily spiritual.

Dabo leads by word when he can and by example when he cannot.

Jesus was not a social agitator? If you mean he didn’t incite riots than I’ll agree.

Jun 2, 2020, 9:06 AM

But he absolutely shook up society. The difference is he did it within the community of the Jewish believers first. He basically said that you are trying to follow all the rules but you are missing the entire point. He absolutely shook up Jewish society by going toe to toe with the establishment. And then when that was done he had his followers go to the gentiles which was an absolute affront to the Jewish establishment. Again if your point is that he didn’t incite riots and cause people to cause property damage and hurt other people you are absolutely right. In fact he said give to Caesar what is Caesar’s. But he absolutely shook up the world as it was known and continues to do so today.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

Jun 2, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him ]

Scott Rogust is a Rutgers-Newark grad? #### that guy. Also stop getting mad about something like this. I’d say find a reputable news source, but we all know that’s easier said than done.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him ]

I believe Coach Swinney spoke about our divisive country yesterday. That article is non applicable in my opinion. Coach Swinney always gives his heartfelt honest opinion. I don’t agree with everything he says, but I surely respect him and more importantly so do his players.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him ]

I believe Coach Swinney spoke about our divisive country yesterday. That article is non applicable in my opinion. Coach Swinney always gives his heartfelt honest opinion. I don’t agree with everything he says, but I surely respect him and more importantly so do his players.

Jun 1, 2020, 3:50 PM

When Dabo retires, it will have nothing to do with what the media says about him. Ignoring or deflecting outside comments about him is one of the easiest things he does, in his mind.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:20 PM

While considering there has been no "hate" regarding this story that I've seen, let's also remember he gets paid $10m a year and he's a big boy. A few clickbait stories always come with the territory. Don't take it so personally.

Half of all news stories in these "sad times" are people pretending there's a news story because 3 trolls tweeted something. Quite hilarious.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:43 PM

You're probably right, But having no claim to Clemson University, other than some relatives that graduated, and being a fan for over fifty years, I for some reason tend to take exception to anything negative said about Clemson. Just me. Maybe I'm an exception, myself. The writer of this story seems to have a problem with Dabo. Wonder if he would care to sit down an do an interview with him?

Jun 1, 2020, 4:49 PM

His problem is his problem. Why should the hack get an interview and platform from Dabo? This guy can go take a hike

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 4:53 PM

Didn't say he deserved an interview. What I was implying was, would he be brave enough.

The national sports media loves Dabo for the most part.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:28 PM

There are a few exceptions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 4:40 PM

Never heard of him. This writer is a little man hiding behind a pen acting like a little child. Run out, throw a rock and back to his hiding place to see what he hits. He's just a coward.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:41 PM

I was thinking earlier how right he is to NOT weigh in on everything. Why should he? Just becuse this doesnt meet some hack reporters expectations doesnt mean he is wrong. This guy is using Dabo's name to get clicks and attention.

Jun 1, 2020, 4:54 PM

And you are most likely, corect about this.

Remember how he weighed in on the whole

Jun 1, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Coach Swinney may just retire soon and I wouldn’t blame him ]

Kneeling at the national anthem thing and was widely criticized by mainstream media for it? He later apologized to the team for it becoming a distraction. I think he learned from this and is holding his tongue this time.

I have the confused...

Jun 1, 2020, 5:05 PM

a) If I don't shout it from the square that I suffer from White Privilege, am I a racist?

b) If I do, then by definition, am I a racists?

c) If I am Native American, but look white, what privilege do I have?

d) Do I need to update my facebook status to change the world?

e) all of the above

f) none of the above

I think most people are keeping relatively subdued about this because they know the mob can turn on a dime. It's a no-win situation...

The two recent deaths are horrible. Instead of No Justice No Peace...

I will speak for all people, we want... Justice and Peace...

Just Saying..

Jun 1, 2020, 8:13 PM

I’m going to assume that Dabo has much thicker skin than many people on here have. In the world of the internet we now have thousands of “media” and I wouldn’t say that a story like this a few times per year from some random “writer” would indicate that the media hates him.

I’d venture to guess that most, if not all major coaches have negative stories written by them from time to time. We just notice the Dabo ones because he’s our coach. Even then, most of us wouldn’t hear about ones like this without someone else on here posting about it. It’s a non-issue.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:31 PM

I have been so impressed with Dabo's (&staff) excellent recruiting of fine young men, and then building them into fantastic CLEMSON representatives, that I do not listen to the noise by idiots that cannot see it.

Message was edited by: Orange Lightning®

lol. Maybe you're not, but Dabo is a grown man. He can

Jun 2, 2020, 8:54 AM

handle a little hate

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: lol. Maybe you're not, but Dabo is a grown man. He can

Jun 2, 2020, 9:13 AM

Dabo can handle the hate but the media will be an accessory to twisting words and hurt recruiting. Some recruits/families will believe the tripe they sell and decide to look elsewhere.

The media has way too much power and a general lack of fairness...all news writing is “opinion” and the more they tear someone down, the more clicks/money. If they can destroy Dabo they will. With a smile on their faces. Even the ones that claim they like Dabo (like Pat Forde).

Mods.. Delete this DA Post...***

Jun 2, 2020, 5:41 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't need people speaking out about things . .

Jun 2, 2020, 6:02 PM

that they are not involved in. I don't want to hear some azzsinger tell me what I should think just because they have a good voice. Shut up and sing. if you are a coach, shut up an coach. This is all way beyond ridiculous.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic