Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Ga Tech --- this is sad link
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,890

Clemson vs Ga Tech --- this is sad link

Sep 19, 2016, 8:56 AM

link

http://www.winsipedia.com/clemson/vs/georgia-tech

pretty interesting ....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: not surprising

Sep 19, 2016, 9:16 AM

I guess you are pointing out the lopsided nature of series. It amazes me how it appears some of you younger folks do not understand the GT (tech was in the SEC), UGA and other series historically with SEC schools. Look at how bad Auburn series is.

Clemson was like an FCS school to them. We went to Tech, UGA almost every year for a paycheck. WE were a tiny little military school in the middle of nowhere. People, it is truly amazing what Clemson was able to do based on its resources compared to schools such as UGA, etc. The genius of IPTAY is really all that made us so competitive.

Also the academic requirements of the ACC were much tougher than the SEC. It was not until the early 1970s, when the ACC was sued, that the academic requirements were the same. Clemson or any other ACC school could not recruit many players that the SEC could.

If you judge that link by the only metrics that really

Sep 19, 2016, 9:34 AM

matter, then it really isn't that sad. We can't help that GT was a powerhouse in the early 1900s and they ate our lunch for years back when none of us were alive. As a program, we have more conference championships, more weeks ranked in the AP poll, higher winning percentage all-time, and more NFL draft picks.

In the "modern era" of college football, we are more equal with GT. I would also argue that anybody looking at our two programs right now would be able to say that we are in a better place.

Plus games were played in Atlanta 40 more times...

Sep 19, 2016, 10:00 AM

than games played in Clemson.

Ever since we started playing at Clemson, we lead the series 19-18-1.

Re: Clemson vs Ga Tech --- this is sad link

Sep 19, 2016, 9:36 AM

Recall that 1974 was the first time GT played in Clemson. That was the first year I had season tickets. The win was nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Sep 19, 2016, 9:40 AM

Thursday night is all that matters. We write our own history.

I will be there too. Go Tigers!

Sep 19, 2016, 10:26 AM

GT, USC, and UGA among others played Clemson away from home for many, many years. GT never played a game in DV until years after I graduated. USC played at Clemson in the early 60's when I was a student.We did have an occassional game with the Dogs as I recall. Coach Howard used to say, after playing GT and UGA on the road in the early season, that is was good to be home in Academia! The stats you present mean nothing in todays game

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,890
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic