Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson screwed again by pollsters! We could have beat Bama and IMO
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,552

Clemson screwed again by pollsters! We could have beat Bama and IMO

Sep 11, 2017, 6:04 AM

Oklahoma would have leap frogged Clemson in the polls even though they beat an over rated OSU team.

We came into the Auburn game with a lot of new pieces on both sides of the ball while Oklahoma's new HC inherited a team with an established QB, an strong O-line as well as other skilled players with more experience than Clemson. OSU still has a QB that I consider a an above average QB, but not he is not Heisman Trophy talent.

We should have moved into the #2 spot. Oklahoma's win did not warrant them moving from #5 to #2 jumping over Clemson the 2016 National Champions!

IMO pollsters get it wrong again!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares? We have played 2 games. ****

Sep 11, 2017, 6:11 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes exactly, who cares. We are where we need to be. If we win out we won't be left out.***

Sep 11, 2017, 7:13 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Should be #1 right now.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:12 AM

Based on the first 2 weeks. Bama's D held FSU to 250 yards vs Clemson holding Auburn to 117.

Re: Clemson screwed again by pollsters! We could have beat Bama and IMO

Sep 11, 2017, 6:21 AM

I think it's about right.

OSU got exposed (again for the 800th time) but going into Columbus at night and destroying that team is not an easy feat. I think Auburn's D is top-10 all day and why we struggled offensively, but still not positive we still have everything put together offensively.

Next week will show a lot.

And honestly, as long as we are top-4, does it really matter? As long as we take care of business, we get to the playoff. Doesn't matter if we are 3 or 15 right now.

I agree and felt we should be #2.OSU was/is overrated.***

Sep 11, 2017, 6:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really irrelevant considering

The rankings that matter won't come out until week 8. I would suspect by that time, we'll most likely be #1 as long as we don't stumble along the way. All the AP and Coach's polls are good for now is getting clicks and views for the talking heads.

Further, Everyone is convinced we can reload of defense year over year.

we have yet, in this new era, proved we can reload on offense to most pollsters as they still feel we are a creation of Deshaun at this level. We go undefeated this year, or win the ACC with one loss, then we demonstrably show our recruiting AND coaching, gets us top-10 every year.

Basically show we aren't a one hit wonder like Auburn was.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:41 AM

You're exactly right. This poll means nothing. It's the ones that come out after 8 games that matter, and even then, all we gotta do is finish in the top 4. It's that simple. All this other is just a reason for other insignificant teams to boast about. Clemson controls its own destiny. We start on Saturday. Everyone is expecting Louisville to win because of Jackson. Time to show out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what. BS polls don't matter.***

Sep 11, 2017, 7:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,552
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic