Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson has been to six straight NCAA playoffs, won two, etc
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Clemson has been to six straight NCAA playoffs, won two, etc

Jan 5, 2021, 7:41 AM

I keep hearing our football team is in trouble, there are problems in Tiger Town, Dabo is losing it, and so on. I laugh. There are countless teams that would love to be where we are at and we are still the team to beat in the ACC and South Carolina. So, I would like to tell all of the reporters, gamecock fans and ESPN they can stick it up their.....(I think you get the picture)

My rant is over and now I can focus on work and getting on with daily life. Have a good day TNETTERs!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson has been to six straight NCAA playoffs, won two, etc

Jan 5, 2021, 8:45 AM

First off, it's not the NCAA playoffs. CFP and NCAA are not affiliated.

Second, I agree with you for the most part. The last 6 years have been great, and we have won 33% of the CFP's we've been in, which is higher than what would be considered average (25%).

That being said, it is also completely understandable for the fanbase to be disappointed with the last two years, based on the fact that we had TL and ETN for 2 more years after the 2018 Natty, and didn't get another one. 2019 is less disappointing, because I don't think anyone was going to beat LSU. But before the CFP, I would've put us as a <7 point underdog vs Bama, and given us a chance similar to the 2018 game. But to get routed as bad as we did was pretty disappointing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 10:11 AM

The NCAA, CFP, Bowl Committees etc. all part of the same bureaucracy that makes big bucks and does very little other than provide a very loose framework for what everyone else should do! Talk about crap...NCAA is a toothless #####...when violations are rampant that will come down hard of the small and insignificant and do nothing to the big boys...want an example...death penalty for SMU and virtually nothing for North Carolina, LSU, Florida etc..Have an ex business associate who worked for a Bowl game committee...nothing big either...he was perfectly willing to give up a six figure + job to become the director after 20 years...play at Pebble Beach every year...wine and dine anyone, anywhere, anytime! But in the end he really did nothing tangible...those in the back office did all the real work! Always been that way and probably always will...it's the deep state of college football and Dabo just rattled their cage...I'm still all in, how about you!

Point well made

Jan 5, 2021, 9:00 AM

Clemson fans just need to appreciate what is going on right now and be happy. Sure, I expected Clemson to beat OSU, but they didn't. Life is great for Clemson football fans. Enjoy the wins and don't get too down on the losses. If you think losing to LSU and OSU in the playoffs the past two years is bad.... you could always be FSU or Miami fans. Things can go south for top football programs very fast now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Re: Point well made

Jan 6, 2021, 10:24 AM

At some point, we will be FSU/Miami fans. Only difference is that their decades were the 80s and 90s. Ours was the 2010s.

Jan 5, 2021, 9:07 AM

As I've said many times. We are rebuilding the offensive and defensive lines. It takes a while to get elite lines. We were spoiled with the Power Rangers. Not many teams are gonna beat us with a defensive line like that. And the offensive line was experienced, if not great.
It's coming along... give it some time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Jan 6, 2021, 10:25 AM

"Great" OLines have 2-3 guys that eventually play in the NFL starting at one time. We have never had that. How many OL do we even have on 55-man rosters in the NFL right now? Like 2?

Your glass is certainly half empty.

Jan 6, 2021, 11:45 AM

But, I suppose a fan board needs those who constantly search for the negatives.

Wishful thinking by those who hate us cause they ain't us

Jan 5, 2021, 10:13 AM

Clemson will continue to be a factor in the CFP for years to come. Most teams certainly can't say the same, particularly the featherheads to the southeast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Happen to agree with your rant.

Jan 5, 2021, 10:14 AM

If you had told me this is where we would be 10 years ago, I would have thought you were delusional.

I feel lucky to be a Clemson fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The overwhelming majority of programs never come close to this level.

Jan 5, 2021, 10:51 AM

We’re something like 14th all time out of 130 D1 programs. Our run won’t last forever but Clemson has nothing to be ashamed of unlike the feathered Clemson haters in Columbia. Not bad for what started out as a little agricultural and military school in the upstate of South Carolina. A big thank you to the players and coaches. Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After 44-16, people danced on the grave of Bama

Jan 5, 2021, 11:59 AM

Just like they are doing with us now. Saban's "process" is outdated and not what kids want, the game has passed him, they'll never get back to where they were, etc. Like clockwork though, Bama is sitting pretty and poised to win it all again this year. Exactly like the Tigers will be in a year or two!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After 44-16, people danced on the grave of Bama

Jan 5, 2021, 12:03 PM

That crowd was even more convinced of Saban being on his way out after they lost to LSU last year.

So true, things went to 11

Jan 5, 2021, 12:05 PM

When they missed the playoffs the following year and did not win the SEC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After 44-16, people danced on the grave of Bama

Jan 6, 2021, 10:26 AM [ in reply to After 44-16, people danced on the grave of Bama ]

But if Bama doesn't win, then it's 3 straight years of no Natty for Bama, which is the longest streak of his career and they'll be dancing on his grave again

Jan 5, 2021, 12:19 PM

If given the chance to make the playoffs 6 more straight seasons and bring home two or three more titles, go ahead and sign me up!! Of course I want to win them all, but this has been an amazing run so far.

Go Tigers!!

Jan 5, 2021, 12:25 PM

Agree wholeheartedly. Hate to lose but making the final 4 means HUGE bowl games. Get there and matchups and location can make a big difference.

Also, that team in the midlands would give their right ######## to make it once. But 6 times in a row ???????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 12:27 PM

What? ######## is a bad word. ? How bout gonad?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 1:08 PM

I suspect that 6 straight appearances in the CFP is a record that will not be broken in a long time.

Unless, of course, we make it 7 straight next year.

It is a great time to be a Clemson fan.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations on POTD!

Jan 6, 2021, 11:50 AM

So glad it wasn't some Bucknut again like a few days ago

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Thanks. How in the heck do we let a bucknut come on here

Jan 6, 2021, 12:29 PM

say a few nice things about Clemson and get POTD?? Happens a lot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2021, 6:05 PM

I'm tired of it all, too. However, all of the negative talk will fire up Dabo. He'll be determined to prove them wrong.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic