Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Women's Tennis tops Kennesaw State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 768

Clemson Women's Tennis tops Kennesaw State

Mar 1, 2021, 8:29 AM

Clemson, S.C. -- The Clemson women’s tennis team (6-6, 0-3 ACC) defeated Kennesaw State (2-5, 0-0 ASUN) in a 6-1 decision on Sunday night.

The Tigers opened up the match with a dominant performance at No. 1 doubles as Eleni Louka and Jenna Thompson blanked their opponents. Sophia Hatton and Ali DeSpain claimed the point for Clemson with a 6-3 victory on Court 3.

In singles, Clemson tallied four consecutive points to go up 5-0. Cristina Mayorova finished first for the Tigers with a 6-4, 6-0 win at line four. DeSpain followed closely behind on Court 5, defeating her opponent, 6-3, 6-0. On the top court, Louka clinched the Tiger victory with a 6-3, 6-1 win. Additionally, Thompson (6-1, 6-4) and Lana Sipek (3-6, 7-5, 10-8) won at lines two and six, respectively.

Of Note:

Jenna Thompson and Eleni Louka open up a three-match winning streak and are now 5-2 as a pair

Cristina Mayorova goes 2-0 on the weekend in singles to advance to 7-5 overall and 4-1 at No. 4

Lana Sipek improves to 4-1 at No. 6 on the season

The Tigers defeat Kennesaw State for the second year in a row

Up Next:

Clemson hits the road for a pair of ACC matchups next weekend. First, the Tigers travel to Raleigh, N.C. to take on No. 9 NC State on Saturday. Then, on Sunday, Clemson heads to Winston-Salem, N.C. to face Wake Forest. Both matches are slated to begin at noon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Women's Tennis tops Kennesaw State

Mar 1, 2021, 11:45 AM

They are the Fighting Mountain Landises as I recall. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 768
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic