Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Bball fans..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Clemson Bball fans..

Feb 1, 2020, 10:10 PM

Every win: great job, BB is turning it around!

Every loss: he is the worst coach in history.

I can assure you guys, he and the staff did EVERYTHING in their power to avoid scoring 42 points tonight, sometimes you just have bad performances. We were literally dribbling balls off our feet and firing up open air balls. That’s not coaching.

Does he deserve some blame? Sure.

Is it all on BB? No

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Bball fans..

Feb 1, 2020, 10:12 PM

So the players ignored everything the coaches said and just hacked threes? I find that hard to believe. There was no attempt to run an offense. We’ve been at this for ten years. He has good coaching games every now and then but this is what he’s known for. Y’all gotta stop. We’re tired. One NCAA in a decade. We’re good when they run an actual offense but it’s so rare.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we Struggle against their zone. No secret.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:15 PM

But I promise they ran plays. Couldn’t knock down good looks

We’ve made 2, btw.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Umm..

Feb 1, 2020, 10:13 PM

Staff is at fault when they do not coach them to get into position to rebound. That has been going on for yrs.

I'd put more than "some" of the blame

Feb 1, 2020, 10:16 PM

on the one who is making millions

Re: Umm..

Feb 1, 2020, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Umm.. ]

Maybe the Wake players just made better plays today. And this Clemson team struggles against most teams with defensively active 7 footers for whatever reason. Bad matchup. Wake has been playing better of late despite some close losses. This team has a lot to be proud of this season. Today was just not it. There will be more to come.

Feb 2, 2020, 12:19 AM

" Wake has been playing better of late despite some close losses. " - You actually think Wake played well tonight????? Good grief. I had to turn that load of crap off and watch Jumanji as BOTH teams sucked. IMO, CLEMSON just found a way to suck more. The two teams would go for 3-5 minutes before either team would actually score a basket. Arrrgrrggghhhh! Incredible.

Feb 2, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Umm.. ]

Bad game. OK. Bad match up? Didn't we just beat Wake a couple of weeks ago?

the longer the established pattern...

Feb 1, 2020, 10:18 PM

the greater chance that it is the person's who is in charge fault.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 81-88 in conference in 10 seasons at Clemson.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:19 PM

Only 2 NCAA tournament appearences. How much of that is on him? Does he need more time? Or, when do we just face the fact that his lengthy record is in large part reflective of how good he is? Why do some people continue to insist he is a lot better than that?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Well, that’s a better ACC winning percentage than any other coach

Feb 1, 2020, 10:34 PM

in Clemson basketball history.

Plus, we are above .500 in the ACC over the past 2.5 seasons.

Is this really the hill you want to die on regarding Brownell and Clemson basketball?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Well, that’s a better ACC winning percentage than any other coach

Feb 1, 2020, 11:05 PM

It’s much easier to go .500 in the ACC than it was 10+ years ago.

Re: Well, that’s a better ACC winning percentage than any other coach

Feb 1, 2020, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Well, that’s a better ACC winning percentage than any other coach ]

Yes. Please name another coach who had the benefit of an ACC ranked 6th amongst all conferences and only 3 top 50 rpi teams.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it's still bad. Why are we defending perpetual

Feb 2, 2020, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Well, that’s a better ACC winning percentage than any other coach ]

mediocrity? Have we really been beat down so long we've just given up?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Judge, I’m not going to criticize you for being a fan

Feb 2, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Well, that’s a better ACC winning percentage than any other coach ]

But you can’t make these comparisons and be taken seriously.

The ACC Brad coaches in is nothing like the ACC Cliff Ellis and Rick Barnes coached in.

In the Cliff Ellis era, 75% of the ACC went to the tournament every year. There was no unbalanced schedule you played everyone home and away. This meant you had at least 12 games against tournament level teams in conference.

This season we have 9-11 games out of 20 vs tournament level teams. That’s assuming UVA, Syracuse and NCSU get in.

The current ACC as configured, is so much softer of a schedule than the 80’s -/90’s era conference. You cannot compare conference records across these eras.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:20 PM

I didn't like the hire and I still don't like the hire. That was a decade ago. He's done nothing to change my opinion... And that's all it is, an opinion.

Do I listen to every game and pull as hard as I can, you bet ya. I'll always support my Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, too bad Brad doesn't get to pick his own players.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:28 PM

I'm sure we'd win all our games if he did.

That was a tough game to watch

Feb 1, 2020, 10:32 PM

Hard to imagine D1 athletes performing that poorly

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Feb 1, 2020, 10:35 PM

Never all his fault BUT the final product starts and ends with him.....he is the head coach who gets paid BIG bucks ......and we sure as heck have not even gotten close to getting our bang for the bucks we have spent on him.....Go Tigers!!!!

Please stop with this nonsense.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:43 PM

We hired Brad on the cheap and didn’t give him the facilities and staff he wants (and needs) until a few years ago.

Since then? Two 20-win seasons in a row, including one of our best seasons in program history, and improved recruiting. Yes, his current salary is higher than Clemson’s usual basketball standards, but he’s still not being paid what many other ACC coaches are.

It would be one thing if we paid him his current salary from day one, but we didn’t. He earned it, and DRad rewarded him along the way.

Let’s see how this year plays out before going full on whine mode. We were 5-2 in January, and that was despite still having notable injuries and new faces to continue orienting.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Please stop with this nonsense.

Feb 1, 2020, 10:59 PM

Judge, I respect your opinions, and applauded your dedication... But it seems it's always one excuse after another. You tend to twist the facts in your favor. It's a tough conference, Clemson has never had tradition, no facilities, Brad doesn't get paid enough, we have hurt players... What if Dabo made excuses like that? Right, he doesn't.

As for the other stuff, I grew up with some pretty good players that had we always had 68 teams in the ncaa tournament, our"history" would tell a whole different story.

We can and should demand better. Best is the Standard - and this is not it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo inherited a proud program at a football school.

Feb 2, 2020, 10:00 AM

That isn’t even close to Brownell’s situation.

If our fans look at basketball through a football lens, they will never be happy.

What does any of that have to do with 2 NCAAT

Feb 1, 2020, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Please stop with this nonsense. ]

appearances in 10 years? Only one of those was with “his” players, who were mostly transfers.

Does he win more in not hired on the cheap?

Why does he need the upgrades to win? OP won with MUCH less in term’s of facilities, etc..

But here we are, claiming BB needs those to go to the NCAAT more than 20% of the time in 10 years.

Just Stop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What does any of that have to do with 2 NCAAT

Feb 1, 2020, 11:58 PM

Bingo. I’ve been a Brownell supporter until this year, simply because I’m not sure we can get a better coach, but things aren’t improving

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Feb 2, 2020, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Please stop with this nonsense. ]

He’s the 29th best paid coach in college basketball per USA Today. He’s never had a significant single season raise. Just gets paid more every season no matter how mediocre the results. How did a coach with 2 NCAA tourneys in 9 years “earn it”?

Feb 2, 2020, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Please stop with this nonsense. ]

Time to come up with a new excuse Judge because that one is getting really really old.......we can beat # 3 Duke (which will probably never happen again as long as BB is our coach) and then go and lose badly to a Wake Forest team who is a really terrible team........this is what we get with this coach and that is all we will ever get with him.....period.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Feb 2, 2020, 1:37 AM

BB did a heck of a job not scoring 42 points tonight. Congrats!! They scored 44 !!

Yep..

Feb 2, 2020, 2:52 AM

And what gets me is this board is flooded with goobers that only show up when we lose...

Otherwise... This board is oddly quiet...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DIsagree. I personally don't blame BB for every loss.

Feb 2, 2020, 8:20 AM

It is a team win or a team loss. Win against CUSE was players making plays, but last night was embarrassing. Nobody stepped to the plate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Feb 2, 2020, 9:25 AM

Recruiting IS the coach's responsibility. Average coaching yields an average product. In other news... Sammy gonna snag 2 TD's tonight, Breeland gets a pick, and Dorian a sack! Go Tigers!

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic