Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cancelling Football - Numbers Don't Add Up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Cancelling Football - Numbers Don't Add Up

Aug 12, 2020, 12:00 AM

For Power 5 conferences to be a "go," complete with schedules released on or about July 31 - and then do a 180 in an "emergency meeting" last Sunday - it at least raises the question of politics.

There are some 45-million Americans in the age group - 15-24 (college age kids). Of the 163,000 Covid deaths in the U.S., 125 have come from the 15-24 demo. ONE PERCENT would be 1,630, but we're nowhere close to even THAT number. 125 out of 163,000 is about one-thirteenth of one percent.

Hardly a devastating probability of death (from Covid) for college guys playing football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course it's politics....

Aug 12, 2020, 12:06 AM

they're hoping college football gets cancelled and we all blame Trump.

Two birds with one stone. They get their globalist puppets back in power and the commies in academia get to shed athletics, which they hate anyway.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really stupid post

Aug 12, 2020, 12:33 AM

I hope you actually didn't go to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Really stupid post

Aug 12, 2020, 1:59 AM

So someone having a different opinion than you gives you the ability to call their post stupid. Then go on to say they couldn't possibly have this belief and also go to Clemson? But that is the problem people aren't allowed to have different opinions anymore. It's I'm right or I'm going to call you stupid even if you have facts. How about we all quit picking sides and all fight to move America forward and not backwards.

GO TIGERS

P.S. I currently go to Clemson

Aug 12, 2020, 2:27 PM

People are allowed to have opinions and PB Tiger was simply stating his opinion. I agree with PB tiger, Clemsonpoker489 provides baseless assumptions and ridiculous logic resulting in nut case conspiracy theory, culminating in a stupid post. But that’s nothing more than my opinion.

Aug 12, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Really stupid post ]

I just love that it's either "death" or "completely healthy" with these numbers. Ya'll are the ones that sees someone lose both legs in a car accident and says, "Yeah but they didn't count towards the death number".

Xavier Thomas got COVID 5 months ago and is unable to play a full season this year. Think about it. A 21 year old kid gets sick in March and isn't well enough to play a full season of football. When's the last time you heard that?

Aug 12, 2020, 8:40 PM

So if XT was injured in a car accident, would you stop riding in cars? You can take precautions, but you can't remove all risks.

If we play, I hope someone tracks stats of players sitting, being normal college students vs those who play. I doubt you will see much difference.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't XT get COVID AND Mono?

Aug 12, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Really stupid post ]

Thought I read he had minimal symptoms with COVID, but MONO hit him hard and he lost a lot of weight...

Aug 12, 2020, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Really stupid post ]

XT is out of shape, using the sicknesses to save some face. Sucks too, I was hoping for a great year from him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2020, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Really stupid post ]

So someone having a different opinion than you gives you the ability to call their post stupid. Then go on to say they couldn't possibly have this belief and also go to Clemson? But that is the problem people aren't allowed to have different opinions anymore. It's I'm right or I'm going to call you stupid even if you have facts. How about we all quit picking sides and all fight to move America forward and not backwards.

GO TIGERS

Aug 12, 2020, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Really stupid post ]

GO TIGERS

Chill with the attacks

Aug 12, 2020, 6:07 AM [ in reply to Really stupid post ]

go sip a soy latte and relax

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could be some troof there. Pac 12 ...and big

Aug 12, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Really stupid post ]

Are located predominantly in blue states..
Big 10 is full of swing states.

Could also be that people in the south just really love college football more and are more willing to take the risk.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Could be some troof there. Pac 12 ...and big

Aug 12, 2020, 7:11 PM

Does anyone actually believe that $h1t for brains Michigan Governor would ever let Michigan or Michigan State play a game? There is no way she would allow probably 300+ players, coaches, staff, media and tv people congregate in one place. She would stop it just for spite.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could be some troof there. Pac 12 ...and big

Aug 12, 2020, 9:44 PM

They could all just play and say they are protesting. ??

The guy is a raging conspiracy theorist.

Aug 12, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Really stupid post ]

Lack of evidence of a conspiracy, or positive proof against its existence, be ######.

This is just evidence of the craftiness of those behind the plot, and their ability to dupe the public (rolling eyes).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Academia is full of leftists isn't a theory...

Aug 12, 2020, 10:58 AM

you're just in favor of it because you're a leftist.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Academia is full of leftists isn't a theory...

Aug 12, 2020, 6:08 PM

Exactly what is a "leftist"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’S jUsT a CoNsPiRaCy ThEoRy

Aug 12, 2020, 5:26 PM [ in reply to The guy is a raging conspiracy theorist. ]

https://t.co/VvgznzDE8F?amp=1

You believe that trash?

Aug 12, 2020, 9:42 PM

It's nothing but a Trump bashing hate rant...

So I am also a raciest because I want football to play?

I would be honored to suit up and march onto that field, but God didn't bless me with that kind of talent.

No, I was posting it

Aug 13, 2020, 1:28 AM

to point out to BigCUFan that the idea it's about politics isn't a conspiracy theory.

Likewise, your post is stupid.

Aug 12, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Really stupid post ]

Despite the Liberal agenda, people can have a different opinion.

BTW, go ahead and call me part of the conservative sheeple. I will just point back at you the irony of your statement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well then, those 180 professors Clemson hired last year

Aug 12, 2020, 7:02 AM [ in reply to Of course it's politics.... ]

because of all the publicity Dabo and the football program have brought to Clemson....well, they better figure out what they can do in real life.

No, it’s about liability, pure and simple.***

Aug 12, 2020, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Of course it's politics.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Of course it's politics....

Aug 12, 2020, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Of course it's politics.... ]

and that 'its all a hoax" mentality is what I got us in this mess.

Re: Of course it's politics....

Aug 12, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Of course it's politics.... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Cancelling Football - Numbers Don't Add Up

Aug 12, 2020, 12:18 AM

Your first mistake was thinking this had anything to do with protecting the health of these athletes. Clearly they are in more danger of dying in a traffic accident, ODing on drugs or alcohol, or even dying of the actual flu than they are from Covid, yet here we are. The anti science crowd is hard at work to stay on their couches collecting full pay for as long as possible. Can't have guys playing football, it makes you being afraid to leave your own house seem ridiculous.

I think we should play...

Aug 12, 2020, 12:35 AM

having said that, you're talking out of your a$$ and you know it. There is some question about the virus doing long term damage to the heart. That's the reason, not your deep state boogey man bull$####.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is some question about weed causing long term...

Aug 12, 2020, 4:16 AM

damage to your lungs but I don't see liberals quarantining over that.

What will they come up with next?***

Aug 12, 2020, 6:04 AM [ in reply to I think we should play... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we should play...

Aug 12, 2020, 7:23 AM [ in reply to I think we should play... ]

I think it’s all about the money. They don’t want 1/4 filled stadiums. If there were really health concerns why are kids going back to packed campuses? If one person gets it chances are it’ll run rampant through campus. I’m all for being safe but you can’t just continue to cancel life.

Athletic medical staffs have been checking on that

Aug 12, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to I think we should play... ]

long before the Chinese wreaked havoc on the world.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 12, 2020, 12:50 AM

Dude...stop with the politics thing...it’s just dumb...the thing that changed after the conferences made their plans to play and release the schedules was that they had planned on having all players who opt in To sign a waiver...then after the announcements...the NCAA came out and said that not only could university’s not require a waiver to be signed...they couldn’t even take one or allow one...that happened in the beginning to middle of last week I think...

That was the game changer and that’s when the schools started back tracking...no politics...just $ and liability!!!

So it was the NCAA playing politics... Got it.***

Aug 12, 2020, 2:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So it was the NCAA playing politics... Got it.***

Aug 12, 2020, 4:38 AM

It sounds like the Big Ten got some doctors to come up with a possibility so the layers could kill the season. If someone could put the possibility into numbers , then that would give a basis for comparison. Mono can cause the same problems, but no one has outlawed kissing.

Aug 12, 2020, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Cancelling Football - Numbers Don't Add Up ]

But ok with 10s of thousands of students coming to campus and no liability there? Why would football players be at any more risk than other students when in fact they get better health care and have more resources to mitigate?

Of course it’s politics.

Maybe the close, sweaty contact with

Aug 12, 2020, 6:41 AM

Teammates and opponents, I’m just spitballing

It’s the liability, one death ( I understand it’s extremely unlikely) and the schools, conferences and NCAA have a huge problem on their hands.

Re: Maybe the close, sweaty contact with

Aug 12, 2020, 6:47 AM

And the liability of one death of a student who returned to campus and got it and parents sue the school isn’t there? 10s of thousands of students vs 100 players? Even with the sweat do the math.

People have absolutely lost there minds.

That’s only the school

Aug 12, 2020, 8:53 AM

When you tie in school, ACC, and NCAA it becomes a much bigger issue.

There’s more people and staff involved in the football.

I’d love to watch some football, it’s a big risk to take for everyone involved.

So normal college kids don't have close sweaty contact!

Aug 12, 2020, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Maybe the close, sweaty contact with ]

Your time in college must have been sad...

Bull crap. 40 years ago we were signing waivers to play

Aug 12, 2020, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Cancelling Football - Numbers Don't Add Up ]

high school sports. You absolutely can sign a waiver.

Aug 12, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Cancelling Football - Numbers Don't Add Up ]

Link to the detail on NCAA mandates below.
Please correct me if missing facts, but doesn't seem fair that they have sys set up to report failures in given protections for student athletes along with requirements to keep all protections in place regardless of decision to play, then don't allow school protection from frivolous lawsuits via waiver. NCAA sure seems like the big problem here.
://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/board-directs-each-division-safeguard-student-athlete-well-being-scholarships-and-eligibility

OiBTiger3, do you have a link to that NCAA announcement?

Aug 12, 2020, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Cancelling Football - Numbers Don't Add Up ]

I have not see that.

it's been political from the begining......

Aug 12, 2020, 8:13 AM

don't misread me..........the VIRUS is real

but the HYSTERIA of the Virus has been 100% POLITICIZED.

It’s about potential liability.***

Aug 12, 2020, 9:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will punt your political football even further down the

Aug 12, 2020, 10:02 AM

road, and bet that of those 125 who have died in the 15-24 age group, some good percentage of them had pre-existing conditions which made them more susceptible to death by Covid-19. Just like seemingly every old person who dies now does so of Covid, not of all the other things that were already in the process of killing them, like cancer, heart disease, etc. Nothing lies more than manipulated statistics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic