Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can some explains how fsu
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Can some explains how fsu

Oct 5, 2020, 3:09 PM

Went from a perennial top 15 team with multiple nattys to a complete dumpster fire the past what 5 or 6 years with multiple head coaching replacements and still no clear direction. It's quite astonishing. They should at the very least be a top 25 team that you have to worry about. Serious answers only.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you answered your own question...

Oct 5, 2020, 3:11 PM

1 - multiple head coaching replacements

2 - no clear direction

Couple that with the cultural mess Jimbo left them and there you have it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think you answered your own question...

Oct 5, 2020, 3:29 PM

The culture and attitude there seems to be a mess.

I don't see them being relevant in the near future either. Why? Who wants to play in that dumpster fire when the best players can play at Clemson, Florida, rising star Miami, not to mention Bama or LSU?

The situation is toxic there now and I simply don't see them improving to the level of those other teams anytime in the near future. It is a simple as that.

Oct 5, 2020, 4:02 PM

Even CFU is a better program at this time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to I think you answered your own question... ]

BigCUFan® said:

1 - multiple head coaching replacements

2 - no clear direction

Couple that with the cultural mess Jimbo left them and there you have it.

Jimbo. (There, fixed it for you.) ??

Re: Can some explains how fsu

Oct 5, 2020, 3:12 PM

Two words: Jimbo Fisher

Look for the same at A&M.

Re: Can some explains how fsu - HA Jimbo Fisher

Oct 5, 2020, 3:16 PM

FUNNIEST Thing I have seen about that is :

Muschamp coaching

at

Saban Pricing

####### Hilarious !!!!!!!!!!!

null

Oct 5, 2020, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Can some explains how fsu ]

Jimbo is most overated coach in my memory.

Constant look of perplexed on face.

My impression

Oct 5, 2020, 3:13 PM

3 years of recruiting misses under Jimbo as he was grabbing the ATM Golden parachute. A culture of entitlement (as it appears from the outside) that caused the teams talent to underperform. And add to that a few big time misses at QB. Once that negative momentum gets moving, especially in a state with so many other competitive programs, it's hard to get it turned around without a major rebuild. And do the fans and admin have the patience to allow that?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They were never able to recruit a quality QB after Jimbo

Oct 5, 2020, 3:14 PM

left. Also, some recruiting misses on the Oline, as mentioned by others the toxic culture left behind by Jimbo and voila---there you have it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I don't care what anyone else says

Oct 5, 2020, 3:15 PM

Lil Jimbo was 88-22 with a Natty and who freaking knows how many weeks in the top 10. YEAH YEAH YEAH I KNOW, but come on. A guy that successful? You MAKE IT WORK. I don't care if he had problems with the university, the university had problems with him, the donors had problems with him, doesn't matter. The results are what matters, and here's what happened: Jimbo had an amazing run, then one bad year, they dumped him, they've had a string of even worse years and two head coaches since.

88-22. Natty. Terrific recruiting. You make it work. They didn't, and now they suck. Results agree with me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he knew the cupboard was bare and was leaving for

Oct 5, 2020, 6:22 PM

any reasonable job that paid well.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy comparison - Clemson - ousted Ford and I can't even

Oct 5, 2020, 3:18 PM

mention the names of the next 2 coaches who drove into the ground.

I know we didn't have a Dynasty like fsu did under Bowden - but it's EASY to let things go to waste fast.

just put some stolen crab legs out in a cooler in the sun - it don't take long to stink it up....

null

Ken Hatfield and Tommy West.

Oct 5, 2020, 3:31 PM

You’re welcome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I hope you drown

Oct 5, 2020, 3:32 PM

HA

j/k

STOP IT !!

null

It's interesting when thinking back...

Oct 5, 2020, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Ken Hatfield and Tommy West. ]

knowing Bobby Robinson was opposed to firing Coach Ford but was overruled by Max Lennon.

In addition, Robinson wanted to hire Fisher Deberry from Air Force as Ford's replacement but again got overruled as Lennon had already decided on and made his deal with Hatfield.

Re: It's interesting when thinking back...

Oct 5, 2020, 5:00 PM

I've heard that but BR has no excuse for West. That was the most boneheaded Danny fan appeasement hire ever.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no idea who was ultimately responsible...

Oct 5, 2020, 6:13 PM

for hiring West, who was coming off a 4-7 season at UT Chattanooga. I do know that Chuck Reedy, Bobby Johnson, and Mickey Andrews were also interviewed.

At the ends of the day, that hire was simply an attempt by the Clemson Administration to appease the fans who were still upset about Danny Ford being fired. West was as close to a Danny clone as they could find.

Tommy West wasn't nearly ready to be the head coach of a program like Clemson and to further compound the problem, he inherited a team that signed just one top 20 recruiting class in four years. There were also a bunch of academic casualties, off-the-field problems, and aging facilities.

Oct 5, 2020, 3:28 PM

Calling BretFSU - where are you man?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Oct 5, 2020, 3:42 PM

Y'all have said it.

1. Jimbo Fisher. He left FSU in far worse shape than anyone imagined at the time he left.
2. FSU spent about 2 days on a coaching search and made a horrible hire, hiring a guy who was far more qualified to be an FSU cheerleader than the head coach.

What happened to Alabama after Stallings retired? They went through 4 coaches before hiring Saban.
What happened to UNC after Mack Brown left?
What happened to Nebraska after Osborne left?

What do Bob Davie, George O'Leary, Tyrone Willingham, Kent Baer and Charlie Weiss have in common?

Hint, they all followed Lou Holtz.

Not as big a dumpster fire as FSU, but not a very pleasant 13 years for ND.

Jameis Winston IMHO

Oct 5, 2020, 4:15 PM

FSU could not defend the starting QB's character shortcomings, and the media's devastating coverage of the FSU administration's and local law enforcement's (lack of) dealings with the rape charges and other issues hurt the football program and the university's reputation. Mothers did not want their sons to be the next Jameis Winston or to play with the next Jameis Winston.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson and Bama happened!

Oct 5, 2020, 6:29 PM

Just another opinion on the subject. But, Saban and Dabo being the recruiters they were. Urban Meyer brought Florida back as well! Saban had won a few. Dabo was coming. Dabo and company were able to come down to Florida and take some key Fla. talent. Was 1 thing.

Another thing was - coaching turnover! Jimbo was the OC in 2013( what happened in 2013 for the Seminoles). Then Dawsey took over the year following. Sanders. Then a host of others started coming in before Jimbo left. Was he burnt out?

Pruitt left and the defense wasn't the same. A couple bad hires there and BAM! Toilet Bowl appearances!
Failure to hire a good OL coach happened. Was it arrogance by Jimbo or what at BretFSU. The Noles had some good quality OL recruits come in - but they were and have been noticeably bad since 2014.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk00oOM_JchC4p2qaVffZeY8PSbXyYQ%3A1601936682463&ei=Kp17X7HdG4Wa5gKR6YXoDg&q=florida+state+offensive+coordinator+2013&oq=florida+state+offensive+coordinator+2013&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDDIFCCEQqwI6BwgAEEcQsAM6BAgjECdQljtYpUJg3FNoAnACeACAAY4CiAHuApIBBTEuMC4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBCMABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwixmqSXv57sAhUFjVkKHZF0Ae0Q4dUDCA0

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic