Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At Least It Wasn't On The Police Report
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

At Least It Wasn't On The Police Report

Mar 4, 2021, 12:13 PM

When I got up this AM my daughter told me to look at the front page of the Lifestyle section of the Seneca Journal. Lo and behold, there was a photo of old Joe21. There was also a photo of Ben Skardon and a couple more WW2 veterans. The DAR Chapter had presented a Certificate of Appreciation to each one of us.

If your system can handle a shock, you may want to google today's issue (3/4/21) of The Journal and then the Lifestyle section.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

congrats Joe

Mar 4, 2021, 12:16 PM

Well deserved

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$12.99 a month - $150/year - for the Seneca Journal -

Mar 4, 2021, 12:25 PM

Internet only . . . .

I used to deliver printed newspapers - every afternoon during the week - and early mornings on Saturday & Sunday . . . . and I'd then have to go around & collect $3.50 per month from each house . . . and I had 200 houses.

And this was in 1980 . . . not 1950 . . . .

I feel old.

CONGRATS JOE - well deserved - I just can't see it ! ! ! Anything good you have coming your way is richly deserved, my friend ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Ay Least It Wasn't On The Police Report

Mar 4, 2021, 12:47 PM

only photo I could ######

Mar 4, 2021, 12:59 PM

That's Ben Skardon in the above photo, a true hero.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2021, 1:22 PM

I did also Rocky. The collecting was the nard part. Some would not pay 50 cents a week and would not answer the door. Unfortunately for me, I delivered The State, which I found out later in life, was only good for bird cages and fish wrap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2021, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Ay Least It Wasn't On The Police Report ]

Mr. Joe, Maybe you can get one of the grandkids (or great grandkids) to post your picture and maybe the article. I went to the site but cannot get access without a subscription.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice! They've got you behind the paywall...

Mar 4, 2021, 1:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Ay Least It Wasn't On The Police Report ]

because they know you can bring 'em the money ;)

Mar 4, 2021, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Ay Least It Wasn't On The Police Report ]

He allowed me to get through freshman english. It was very generous of him as I wasnt good at that subject

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 4, 2021, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Ay Least It Wasn't On The Police Report ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Picture of Joe21?

Mar 4, 2021, 10:19 PM

Can someone post a picture?

Re: Picture of Joe21?

Mar 5, 2021, 2:29 PM

His picture wasn't in the online version of The Journal, but here is a pic taken of the newspaper.

Congratulations, Mr. Joe21 !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Picture of Joe21?

Mar 5, 2021, 4:39 PM

Finally a face to go with the great posts! Thanks again for your service and nuggets of wisdom.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic