Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Article on student tickets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Article on student tickets

Jul 13, 2018, 12:05 PM

Just got around to reading the article this morning about the students upset with the new policy. They were the reason a new policy was needed. If they just showed up to the games like normal fans do and not leave early, there would be no problem. These kids are so far beyond spoilt.
The four years I was at Clemson, we had a 23-24 record that included 3 Peach Bowl losses. One year we had to beat a 1 win South Carolina team to bring our record up to 3-8. However, The Hill was almost always full of students and we even had enough to bring down BOTH goalposts at the end of that last game. One ended up downtown and the other in the reflection pond at the library.
Last year's seniors were lucky enough to see a 50-7 record, 3 bowl wins + NC championship game win and they still find reasons why they can't go to games. Are you serious? How awesome would it have been to get to experience this period of Clemson football as a student instead of the Tommy West years?
This generation amazes me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article on student tickets

Jul 13, 2018, 12:29 PM

Could offend some, but I think the drive to be a top 20 University, and to that end accepting more students outside of SC contributes to this. And yes, I know there are Clemson fans outside of SC, alumni as well. But you don't necessarily get to see Clemson-BC when you live in Michigan (and yes I know this new age of streaming changes that slightly). I was born and raised a Clemson fan, and my acceptance was a dream come true. When I was there I went to as many games across all sports as I could.

I say all that to get this, I think these newer students from all over the country may like the idea of Clemson, moving from home, and a flashy (on TV) football school, but they haven't necessarily grown up with Clemson and suffered through the darker years.

Think if an incoming freshman first caught Clemson on TV for the Russell Athletic Bowl while on Christmas break. They saw a dominant team, and decided to look into them, and decided that's where they wanted to be. They've enjoyed quite a 4 year run since discovering Clemson, and now may be desensitized to the importance of every single game, and treasuring each win as much as the biggest ones. Hopefully when they make it to campus, they decide it matters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Article on student tickets

Jul 13, 2018, 12:36 PM

That is the only set back with your stadium being just foot steps away from student housing. They will go back home during half time, and they don't make it back bc someone stopped by with a cold case ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic