Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All this talk about Alabama and Clemson 5-peat being BAD...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,584

All this talk about Alabama and Clemson 5-peat being BAD...

Sep 12, 2019, 8:17 PM

I don't necessarily agree with that, but I do think that there are certain teams that when they suck, it is bad for college football.

My list of 3 things that are important for college football.

1. Miami shouldn't suck, ever. Miami being good is good for the whole country. Miami swagger is good for all of us, whether we hate it or love it.
2. There should ALWAYS be a Pac-12 team with a seemingly unstoppable offense.
3. Middle America needs a few lumbering behemoth teams. The Big 12 and defense is a huge disappointment. I remember when teams like Nebraska, Texas or Oklahoma would keep some of your pieces when you played them. One of those teams needs a violent defense and a brutal run blocking.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All this talk about Alabama and Clemson 5-peat being BAD...

Sep 12, 2019, 8:29 PM

As long as Clemson is this dominant I don't mind who else is good as long as we win. I agree and would like Miami, FSU, GT, etc to return to some sort of team but for now I'll take us being dominant either way. OU has been to 3 playoffs so i'd say they're pretty good. PAC 12 has a couple very talented teams but everyone plays the same type of ball and doesn't adjust like the SEC does a lot of times. PAC 12 is all air raid so eventually you'll get beat by it and the SEC isn't evolving from power run offense and stack the box so they're equipped to beat SEC/PAC12 teams but not other conferences I say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 8:29 PM

Agree with all , except Miami . I abhor the " swagger " they try to flaunt whenever they're good . Those 80's teams with the likes of Micheal Irvin are some of the reason I learned to dislike them ...they are poor examples of how someone should conduct themselves when playing the great sport of CFB .
Would love to see what Lincoln Riley could do with a top 20 defense . He's obviously one of the better offensive minds in the game today ...and he's young so we may just get to see it eventually .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Abhorring swagger is the best reason they should be good.

Sep 12, 2019, 8:48 PM

It increases the urgency. It makes it more dramatic. Think about hero movies. The best ones have horrible villains.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 8:30 PM

I think a cross SEC/ACC playoff rivalry is very GOOD for CFB. Draws viewers on East Coast.

Miami does need to be good to pull in all of EC but as long as we drop em in ACCCG.

Agreed on other points.

Bama and Clemson is fine if other teams change

Sep 12, 2019, 8:54 PM

Last year was good with ND and OU playing bama was interesting. Despite OT, two sec teams year before just isn't exciting or novel matchup. Blue bloods other than yOU and OU are needed. Michigan or USC or Nebraska would be a breath a fresh air.

Sep 12, 2019, 9:00 PM

Bottom line is...I don’t think Bama makes it this year...I think they have at minimum two obstacles they won’t overcome... 1) LSU 2) UGA amd then I’d take OU over them in a semi playoff game!!!

Sep 12, 2019, 10:07 PM

I agree with you completelysolidorange - my list is a bit different.
1. Southern Cal - they still basically can hand pick the best west coast talent.
2. Nebraska, Texas & Oklahoma - yeah 3 teams - but as you said monsters of the mid-way. Nebraska being in the Big 10 is even better as it would create a good match up between the Meat Chicken(Michigan) and Ohio St or 0 31 0 st. winner.
3. Pitt - stretch here! But, Pitt has 9 National Championships! If they were to become good again they could not only bring back the Coastal in the ACC. But, they could excite the folks in the N.E. for college football!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,584
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic