Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC tourney thoughts....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,487

ACC tourney thoughts....

Mar 6, 2021, 10:30 PM

Pretty sure that we got a pretty tough draw.

The path before us will be either Pitt or Miami on day one (likely a win).

Then day two: Ga. Tech. GT has won 6 games in a row since their buzzer beater loss to Clemson. They are playing really well. I think their depth hurts them the longer they stay in the tournament...but in their first game, it won't be a factor.

If somehow we get by GT....then it's likely UVA. They get the Syracuse vs N.C. State winner. N.C. State has played well recently and has a recent win over UVA. But I think UVA has gotten over their brief "swoon" and will be there in the semifinal.

On the other side of the bracket....FSU gets Louisville, or perhaps Duke...who will likely battle it out in an unlikely 7 vs 10 game, assuming Duke beats BC Tuesday.

Then there's Va. Tech as the 3 seed....assuming they play, coming off a long covid break. UNC is the 6 seed...with Notre Dame as the 11th. Pretty sure folks will predict a UNC "upset" of Va. Tech considering the circumstances.

FSU struggled on the road down the stretch with losses at UNC and at Notre Dame....so this side of the bracket looks to be fairly unpredictable.

If we get GT, then UVA and then somehow found FSU there waiting at the end...that would be brutal. Tough matchups. But, hey, that's why they play the game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC tourney thoughts....

Mar 6, 2021, 10:35 PM

I think we win at least 1 game we are no lower than a 6th seed in the NCAAT. Win two or more we could be a 5th seed.
Hey, but let’s just win the ACC Tournament, finally...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,487
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic