Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2015 season gots some tough, big games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

2015 season gots some tough, big games

Dec 7, 2014, 6:43 AM

We host FSU, Notre Dame, and GT at Death Valley. These will be intense, mighty battles for us. Can we win?

Add to that trips to Miami, Louisville, and UsuC and even with Watson it is going to be a battle to win the ACC and stay undefeated. It may depend on how good our D is going to be next year.

I see this schedule as one of the tougher ones for the Tigers! How hungry or we? GO TIGERS!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2015 season gots some tough, big games

Dec 7, 2014, 6:49 AM

Add Florida,minus USuCk, and that was FSU's disrespected schedule.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2014, 7:46 AM

Yea,but if you want to be seriously considered for the playoff,not only do you need these games,but you had better win these games.

Dec 7, 2014, 7:59 AM

Based on the rankings this year, we would have to go undefeated next year to be in the top 4. If we lose one of those, we would be out. Until our conference starts winning more games, we just won't have that respect. Plus, they expect the wins to be by wide margins. I really hope the number of playoff teams expands soon.

Dec 7, 2014, 8:07 AM

I think the four team playoff format is set thru 2016,but you are correct.
It needs to be expanded to 8; the 5 power conferences +3 at large bids.
But to be fair,I think the five power conferences should be "required"
to form two divisions,each with a championship game to determine the top 5 spots.
Also I think Notre Dame should be "forced"( required is not a strong enough word) to join in a conference,or they are out.Period.

Dec 7, 2014, 8:51 AM

I think the fact that some teams have to play a conference championship game, which will always be against a worthy opponent, and others don't is a large problem in the process.

Dec 7, 2014, 10:42 AM

Not sure I like the conference championship games deciding who should be in. This year is more of the exception rather than the rule with all of these one loss teams from power 5 conferences. It seems to be more common that one of the power 5 has a 2 loss team/champion.

My concern is that you could have a team like GT that could have lost to UGA and still won the conference by upsetting FSU. They would have had 3 losses and no one in their right minds thinks they are a top 10 team. That being said 8 would be much better than what we have now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2014, 12:15 PM

but they didn't.

I think the ACC's problem starts with a perception that we

Dec 7, 2014, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: 2015 season gots some tough, big games ]

can not play with the other conferences. Look at the out of conference wins this year against Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12, and of course the SEC. Any of the other conferences do something like that they are being called one of the best conferences. Also FSU gets penalized for not blowing teams out but in other power 5 that means the conference is just that strong. I know the bottom of the ACC is pretty weak but the middle is not as bad as it is made out to be. Look at the Big 10 and Big 12 for Prime examples of conferences that are inflated by beating no one out of conference but get teams ranked high because of preseason rankings

Dec 7, 2014, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: 2015 season gots some tough, big games ]

who should our conf. beat???

Great challenging schedule. Looking forward to it!***

Dec 7, 2014, 11:22 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2014, 12:04 PM

I see us winning all those with the possible
Exception of @UL. 11-1 and shot at playoff if we beat GT in ACC championship game.

UL loses a ton next year. More worried about GT***

Dec 7, 2014, 12:09 PM

Re: UL loses a ton next year. More worried about GT***

Dec 7, 2014, 12:12 PM

Actually, they don't lose a lot. They probably present more of a fight than fsu at our place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They lose quite a bit on defense.***

Dec 8, 2014, 5:10 PM

Dec 7, 2014, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: 2015 season gots some tough, big games ]

Dang Walt you already have GT in the ACCCG LOL not going to happen

Dec 7, 2014, 12:07 PM

Too bad Bama don't have an OOC like that.

YOu better believe it!***

Dec 7, 2014, 12:11 PM

And our new property manager is going to Columbia and

Dec 7, 2014, 12:12 PM

collect our rent.

Toughest schedule in my lifetime. Don't see us winning more

Dec 7, 2014, 12:38 PM

than 8 with that schedule and the losses on D and loss of Morris. Just being realistic.Hope I am wrong

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Toughest schedule in my lifetime. Don't see us winning more

Dec 7, 2014, 3:53 PM

I have to agree, I see 8-4 or 9-3, no ACCCG. I think there will be some bumps with bringing along the defense as well as a learning curve for to co-coordinators. Barring any big disaster, 2016 could be a magical season.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic