Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yes these girls can.............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Yes these girls can.............

Jan 10, 2021, 7:14 PM

Back in the day we always got stuff from the neighbors. OSF® is Yoders still in your neck of the woods?

Stumbled across this link.

http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes it is, we picked up

Jan 10, 2021, 7:20 PM

Thanksgiving lunch from them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, I have just discovered the Mennonite thang down around

Jan 10, 2021, 10:02 PM

Abbeville & Greenwood in the last 8 months or so. Have spent a lot of time recently in Greenwood, my GF lives there. She'd mentioned that a couple pieces of furniture were made "by Mennonites". And she gets steaks and other meats from local places that are Amish or Mennonite or something, I'm not sure. But they're outstanding quality. And there's a place called The Pantry in Greenwood where she gets all kinds of stuff. I've started shopping there and bringing things home...

Is this some kind of local secret? I'd never heard of any of this before...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: OK, I have just discovered the Mennonite thang down around

Jan 11, 2021, 5:46 AM

https://www.indexjournal.com/news/yoders-celebrates-50-years/article_79f80a93-c09b-5bbb-97bd-4439acad197b.html

Mennonites moved to Abbeville around 1970ish iirc

Jan 11, 2021, 7:47 AM [ in reply to OK, I have just discovered the Mennonite thang down around ]

From Virginia Beach area I think. They always kept to themselves, but proved to be a good addition to the community imo. Besides Yoders, there used to be a place downtown called the Dutch Oven that I really liked.

And they are very skilled tradesmen - I am sure they are doing a lot more than when I was there, but we had a fireplace screen that was the best I ever had - cabinet shop is there, etc.

Head out of Abbeville towards Due West and you will see a lot of this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went to The Dutch Oven with my parents...............

Jan 11, 2021, 7:57 AM

often. A LONG time ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there is a mennonite owned bakery on hwy 28 there in

Jan 11, 2021, 8:06 AM

abbeville, can't think of the name, i stop by there on my way thru to God's country. their pond cakes will make you wanna slap your mama!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swartzentruber's Bakery***

Jan 11, 2021, 11:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yep, you beat me to it. Spoke with my GF a few mins ago and

Jan 11, 2021, 12:01 PM

got the scoop. I wasn't sure about the name (Swartz-something LOL) but that's where they get the cookies that her mom eats every morning with coffee. And her electrician has that same last name, I met him when he came out to replace a dimmer switch. So he definitely comes from that family. In addition to some furniture, all of her kitchen/bathroom cabinets came from a Mennonite shop. Outstanding quality... that was one of first things I noticed in her house... they're beautiful. And she's very familiar with the restaurants others have mentioned...

Mennonites. Who knew? Not me.

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

They are very nice and fit in easily

Jan 11, 2021, 12:07 PM

usually drive dark colored cars and dress pretty plainly, but nothing extreme like the Amish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic