Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New name for Tillman Hall....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New name for Tillman Hall....

Jun 13, 2020, 10:32 AM

....name it Freedom Hall. Freedom is what this Country is about and should be about for all people. Freedom is what every human being wants to have for their neighbors. Freedom represents our Univeristies Military history, it represents being free for every citizen and Freedom represents a change for those that stood up to racism. Freedom is and should be the core of our American culture.

I know Lousille had Freedom Hall for their arena, but I like the name Freedom Hall for our Main Building. It has a good ring to it and it fits in this day and age and represents a change that was needed.

Dont beat me up to bad, just a thought.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Re: New name for Tillman Hall....

Jun 13, 2020, 10:36 AM

I thought that about that same name a few days ago. I like it. That would be innocuous. It's also very positive. There would be great irony there too. I would love that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2020, 10:36 AM

Good thought Tatted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think it will offend someone in the future?***

Jun 13, 2020, 10:39 AM

Re: You don't think it will offend someone in the future?***

Jun 13, 2020, 10:40 AM

TOTE1 said:

I would hope it would not.

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Well lets think about it

Jun 13, 2020, 10:41 AM

Did we fight and oppress anyone for our freedom?

If yes, would that demographic be upset at us for promoting the freedom that cost them?

Re: Well lets think about it

Jun 13, 2020, 11:01 AM

It might be a positive. Tillman was against freedom. Black people forced the issue and got it changed and had his name removed and got it changed to Freedom. That sounds positive. Maybe I am missing it..

My vote is Class of '44 Hall***

Jun 13, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: You don't think it will offend someone in the future?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: My vote is Class of '44 Hall***

Jun 13, 2020, 11:48 AM

Nice, I possibly dig that. why Class of '44? Educate me please.

The entire graduations class of 1944 volunteered for

Jun 13, 2020, 8:19 PM

military service.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jun 13, 2020, 10:50 AM

I know this sounds like "negative nancy" but your thoughts are "old school". Our freedoms are being taken away bit by bit by lawyers, judges, and BOTH political parties. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time, right. That's what they're doing to our freedoms. Our national anthem says "land of the free and home of the BRAVE". So, where the he-- have all the BRAVE gone? I see your POW-MIA logo so I assume you are probably a Nam vet. If so, kudos brother. The culture we're seeing today is anything but the American culture.

Jun 13, 2020, 10:56 AM

I think it makes sense just to go back to the original "Old Main".

Jun 13, 2020, 11:28 AM

I'd support renaming it Pitchfork Ben Hall or The Hall of the Man Who Cursed the Chickens.

Umm... the article on states that the BOT has already

Jun 13, 2020, 11:52 AM

submitted to the State legislature an exception to rename Tillman Hall back to the original "The Main Building":

"The Board also adopted a resolution respectfully requesting the South Carolina General Assembly make a one-time exception to the state’s Heritage Act during the 2021 legislative session. This exception would give limited authority to the Board to restore Tillman Hall to its original name of the Main Building."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Umm... the article on states that the BOT has already

Jun 13, 2020, 11:57 AM

We understand that, but that doesnt mean they couldnt change their mind again at a later date. The Old Main Building was simply whaty it was called before Tillman, but they could obviusly ask for it to be changed to Freedom Hall at a later date.

It is a positive name that represents a positive chnage for all.

Re: Umm... the article on states that the BOT has already

Jun 13, 2020, 1:32 PM

Well... never say never but I gotta feeling that once it reverts back to "The Old Main Building" it will remain that name until such time it becomes dust...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How about Congo ???? Hall ?

Jun 13, 2020, 9:02 PM

Sounds cool

yes, if we are renaming, let's give it a name that reminds..

Jun 13, 2020, 12:27 PM

us of why we renamed it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes, if we are renaming, let's give it a name that reminds..

Jun 13, 2020, 9:21 PM

So you want to name it " offended liberals who crave attention " hall?

The bigger question is -

Jun 13, 2020, 1:52 PM

What will the new name be for "Clemson University?" Can't get rid of Calhoun & Tillman without dumping Calhoun's son-in-law.

But even bigger - gotta start thinking of new names for anything "Washington" (especially D.C.) or "Jefferson." It's inevitable.

Odd though, haven't heard anything about renaming the many things in W.Va named for Sen. Robert Byrd - an actual former Grand Wizard of the KKK.

Because he was a liberal. Being a liberal gets one a pass.***

Jun 13, 2020, 2:25 PM

He was never questioned or called a racist by the MSM....ever. At least not that I can remember and the Clintons sppke of him at his funeral as if he were some saint. Once again...never questioned....not a peep from the MSM.

Only white conservative males can be racists.....actual liberal Klansmen....meh...nothing to see here.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Re: The bigger question is -

Jun 13, 2020, 2:48 PM [ in reply to The bigger question is - ]

That was Obama s buddy. He and Hillary spoke at his funeral

Jun 13, 2020, 2:03 PM

At this rate will be BLM University before the year is out...trample your heritage at your own peril.

“If we do not defend ourselves none will defend us; if we yield we will be more and more pressed as we recede; and if we submit we will be trampled under foot. I hold concession or compromise to be fatal. If we concede an inch, concession would follow compromise, until our ranks would be so broken that effectual resistance would be impossible.”
-- John C. Calhoun

That will confuse a lot of people since there is already a Freeman Hall.***

Jun 13, 2020, 2:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jun 13, 2020, 3:02 PM

I like Tillman Hall.

Jun 13, 2020, 9:55 PM

....name it Freedom Hall. Freedom is what this Country is about and should be about for all people. Freedom is what every human being wants to have for their neighbors. Freedom represents our Univeristies Military history, it represents being free for every citizen and Freedom represents a change for those that stood up to racism. Freedom is and should be the core of our American culture.

I know Lousille had Freedom Hall for their arena, but I like the name Freedom Hall for our Main Building. It has a good ring to it and it fits in this day and age and represents a change that was needed.

Dont beat me up to bad, just a thought.

Me Likey!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why? It certainly didn't have the freedom to be called

Jun 13, 2020, 10:27 PM

Tillman Hall.

Re: Why? It certainly didn't have the freedom to be called

Jun 14, 2020, 9:12 AM

To pick a name that is generic yet College level, I suggest calling it Rho Hall.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic