Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson announces new grading policy due to Coronavirus pandemic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson announces new grading policy due to Coronavirus pandemic

Apr 2, 2020, 6:31 PM

Clemson announces new grading policy due to Coronavirus pandemic

The COVID-19 pandemic has changed a ton of things recently including academics. Clemson announced on Thursday that they have a new grading policy for the spring Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson announces new grading policy due to Coronavirus pandemic

Apr 2, 2020, 6:43 PM

I’ll be honest, as a student who has a 3.75, I was working really hard this semester to earn a 4.0 by making A’s in all 6 of my classes. Here’s to my 6 “passing” grades! Cheers!

Re: TNET: Clemson announces new grading policy due to Coronavirus pandemic

Apr 2, 2020, 6:56 PM

I have a FAD FAD grade, I’ll take time out and pass with all AAA AAA 4.0.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Wait, there's a PASS, but no FAIL?

Apr 2, 2020, 7:07 PM

I went to college much too soon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

yep that’s what these kids need everyone

Apr 2, 2020, 8:29 PM

Gets a participation trophy. I hope they disinfect the safe spaces first.

Re: yep that’s what these kids need everyone

Apr 2, 2020, 10:02 PM

Are you all serious right now? You understand this is due to the coronavirus and having classes online right? There are students back at home and some may not have the resources or living situation to study the same way they did at school. They can’t study at the library, or meet up with their fellow students to group study the same way. Or go to a tutor or the professor as easily and get the information the same way. They may have a loud house, or other issues which make focusing more difficult.

This is a very different situation. These students paid for a full on educational experience and are now getting thrown together online lesson plans. Not the same kind of demonstrations and hands on activity and attention as before. Try to be understanding.

Apr 2, 2020, 11:22 PM

They should be allowing each student to decide whether they want their actual grade or pass/fail. The students that have struggled can choose the passing grade and the ones that earned their grade shouldn't be penalized. My son has been working to get his GPA up and now he'll have the exact same GPA he had last semester.

Apr 2, 2020, 11:25 PM

I went to the Clemson website and read the details. Students have the option to pick pass/fail or keep the actual grades they earn. Your son will be able to bring his gpa up if he opts for traditional grades.

Apr 3, 2020, 7:53 AM

They always had the option. Do it right get a good grade or dont do the work and get a lesser grade. I've taught on line for years and at our school they know up front what work needs to be done. Real easy to get a good grade. DO THE WORK

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2020, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: yep that’s what these kids need everyone ]

Right. Quit reacting and complaining. Have a greatful heart.

NCState is allowing each student to choose what they want

Apr 3, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: yep that’s what these kids need everyone ]

to do for each class. So, they can do P/F for some and ABCDF for others...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2020, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: yep that’s what these kids need everyone ]

Agree. Quit bashing. Be compassionate.

Apr 4, 2020, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: yep that’s what these kids need everyone ]

In the greater scheme of things your college GPA means nothing (unless you plan on wasting even more money on grad school).

These kids should be more worried about the coming 20+% unemployment and the fact that they probably won’t get a job after graduation then what their GPA was their last semester.

Apr 3, 2020, 2:29 AM [ in reply to yep that’s what these kids need everyone ]

That includes a gold star, a blue ribbon, plus a juice box.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Young adults are very fragile these days and we must protect

Apr 3, 2020, 3:15 AM

them. It takes a village to raise young adults

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Young adults are very fragile these days and we must protect***

Apr 3, 2020, 8:12 PM

I think it's up to the professor on P/F or Final exemptions

Apr 2, 2020, 8:34 PM

I haven't read the article, but talking to my wife, there seems to be options. Pass/Fail is a cop out for the lazy students (and in some cases professors). My kid is in the Honors College and planning on Med School, which do not accept Pass/Fail in any situation. In any case, if you have a plan that includes advanced degrees of any sort...you better investigate the future.

Do students who elevate their study game automatically fail?***

Apr 2, 2020, 9:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The entire validity of on-campus classes is being exposed.

Apr 2, 2020, 11:00 PM

Brick & Mortar colleges and universities are in trouble.

Being forced to go to 100% on-line teaching exposes the long held believe that distance learning is second class.

Now going to Pass/Fail?

Things will never be the same for a high percentage of existing schools around the country once this is all over.

What does this have to do with sports?***

Apr 3, 2020, 7:08 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic