Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biden approval at 58%. McConnell & McCarthy least popular
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Biden approval at 58%. McConnell & McCarthy least popular

Feb 26, 2021, 10:22 AM

national figures. While Biden's doing great, Republicans are tanking. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell suffering a staggering deficit of 44 points, with just 17% favorability and 61% unfavorability.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/02/24/poll-puts-biden-approval-at-58--mccarthy-mcconnell-are-least-popular-national-figures/?sh=53ab87c82f0f

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Biden approval at 58%. McConnell & McCarthy least popular

Feb 26, 2021, 10:40 AM

The GOP has no strategy whatsoever right now, beyond Be A Complete D!ck In All Things. It's really a wonder to behold and just leaves me shaking my head.

I mean, latch on ever more tightly to a losing candidate who lost by almost seven million votes who then falsely claimed he'd won the election and then tried to launch an insurrection, justifiably got himself impeached for a second time (even though his party cravenly wouldn't convict him, again), and who is knocking around with a national approval level below 35%...yeah. That's a winning strategy. Let's pick more candidates who are even more like that guy, and grump and moan and criticize and come up with absolutely no plan whatsoever, and basically turn everything into a nasty culture war and be the nastiest, meanest, most negative rascist sexist gun-wielding white-grievance-party we can be? Rock on. Sounds like an awesome plan.

But that does indeed look like the GOP's plan going forwards. Their biggest angle right now is transparently illegal voter suppression schemes. They're literally already trying to get bills passed to make it so the state legislatures can override the voters in places like Arizona and Georgia if they don't like the results next time. (They seem to be confused what the word "democracy" means.) How that flies I have no idea. Even if the Dems somehow don't get H.R 1 passed - which they will, as a first order of business, which will wipe out hijinks like that - even the GOP-stacked Supreme Court would take one look at that crap and go...uh, no.. (Well, maybe not Clarence Thomas, but the rest of them sure as eff wouldn't go for it.)

But we're literally looking at the Dems creeping up on 60% approval right now. Which is scary times if you're a GOP pollster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2015, 12:38 PM

Meanwhile your intrepid democrat representatives are working on this:

H.R. 484:

SECTION 1. Short title.

This Act may be cited as the “No Glory for Hate Act”.

SEC. 2. Federal funds restriction on commemorating certain former Presidents.

Notwithstanding section 3102 of title 40, United States Code, no Federal funds may be used to—

(1) create or display any symbol, monument, or statue commemorating any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives on or before the date of enactment of this Act or has been convicted of a State or Federal crime relating to actions taken in an official capacity as President of the United States on Federal public land, including any highway, park, subway, Federal building, military installation, street, or other Federal property; or

(2) name, designate, or redesignate a Federal building or Federal land after, or in commemoration of, any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives on or before the date of enactment of this Act or has been convicted of a State or Federal crime relating to actions taken in an official capacity as President of the United States.

How ####ing pathetic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's kind of hilarious.***

Feb 27, 2021, 9:32 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Biden approval at 58%. McConnell & McCarthy least popular ]

To be fair, dems in congress aren't much better. Take a look at polling data for Schumer and Pelosi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 12:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Biden approval at 58%. McConnell & McCarthy least popular ]

To be fair, dems in congress aren't much better. Take a look at polling data for Schumer and Pelosi.

Does anybody seriously believe Biden is making any sort of

Feb 26, 2021, 10:47 AM

important decisions?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anybody seriously believe Biden is making any sort of

Feb 26, 2021, 10:52 AM

I actually, do, yeah.

I don't know how many miles he has left on his tires, which is kind of scary, but yeah, I'm reasonably certain he's the guy running the show. There's not much evidence there's any sort of cabal around him.

Feb 26, 2021, 10:54 AM

quozzel is so full of it. very sad. but hey he does write great novels on tigernet

Feb 26, 2021, 11:02 AM

You'd love my theory about what's actually going on here in America (and actually, worldwide), even more, too.

It's actually this. My pet theory is that in much the same manner as the agricultural culture of the Europeans displaced the hunter-gatherer culture of the Native Americans here in America (leading to some nasty brush wars along the frontier), and then that same agricultural culture in turn got displaced by the Industrial Age (leading to the Civil War in 1865)...the division we are seeing now in America is a similar culture war. Or more actually, a cultural displacement.

I think it's the last holdouts of the Industrial Age - that would be guys like you - finally giving way to the Information Age.

See? I knew you'd love it. ;)

It seems abundantly clear to me that he is not

Feb 26, 2021, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Does anybody seriously believe Biden is making any sort of ]

He's fielding hardball questions about his dogs and loving relationship with his wife while others are hastily writing executive orders for him to sign so they can undo anything Trump did...Whether it's beneficial/makes sense or not.

Just watching him speak, there is no way he has the mental capacity and stamina to handle the job of the President.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People seem to be growing tired of this line of BS

Feb 26, 2021, 11:04 AM

that is emanating from the GOP these days, as the polling shows.

The laughable propaganda certainly helps polling to a degree

Feb 26, 2021, 11:07 AM

I'm sure. You can pretend he's mentally fit all you want, I realize recognizing reality comes second to being a good Party Man for many of you.

Republicans have lost all connection to honesty and truth.

Feb 26, 2021, 11:13 AM

Just a bag of nuts.

Maybe one day you guys can return to the real world and focus on honest policy differences instead of a cultish adherence to personality, conspiracy and BS.

Re: The laughable propaganda certainly helps polling to a degree

Feb 26, 2021, 11:13 AM [ in reply to The laughable propaganda certainly helps polling to a degree ]

Wow at the ironic lack of self awareness of Trumpsters:

"recognizing reality comes second to being a good Party Man for many of you."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trumpsters? Where were we talking about Trump?

Feb 26, 2021, 11:20 AM

Do you understand how cultish this kind of reply seems?

We're talking about an old man who clearly looks like an old man with dementia, and you can't help but bring up "Trumpsters". Seems like it's become pathological for many of you.

Re: Trumpsters? Where were we talking about Trump?

Feb 26, 2021, 11:30 AM

Exhibit B ^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great discussion***

Feb 26, 2021, 11:33 AM

Re: Trumpsters? Where were we talking about Trump?

Feb 26, 2021, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Trumpsters? Where were we talking about Trump? ]

Bum

Did you NOT spend the last four years cheering on a man who was far more interested in his own profits and perceptions than about the country - or reality ??

I will take President Biden's abilities over those of a delusional narcissist that spent most of his day watching whichever biased news station that would heap praise upon him any time & everyday !!

No, I did not. I know this is a hard concept for many, but

Feb 26, 2021, 12:47 PM

I don't really get emotionally involved with politicians.

Feb 26, 2021, 12:30 PM [ in reply to The laughable propaganda certainly helps polling to a degree ]

Coot

Coming from a Trump supporter - that is HILARIOUS !!

Feb 26, 2021, 12:38 PM

Sorry coot - that was meant for Bum.

Re: It seems abundantly clear to me that he is not

Feb 26, 2021, 11:09 AM [ in reply to It seems abundantly clear to me that he is not ]

I agree I'm doubtful he's a two-term guy.

I do think he's still very much the center of his team, in much the same manner as Reagan was. I am hopeful he can be a similar stabilizing influence for America after a very destabilizing time of weak leadership, much as Reagan was, though I will concede I'm doubtful we get as much out of him as we did Reagan. I don't think he's got as much left in the tank, regrettably.

But we need some stability and competence and continuity and centrism. And I really hope he can give us that.

I'm not crazy that it does look like he might actually be grooming Kamala to be heir apparent. Hopefully she will lean more into centrism than she has in the past because activism we absolutely do not need from her.

I see no signs he's offering stability or competence

Feb 26, 2021, 11:32 AM

From my perspective, his actions seem to be doing the opposite. Can you point to a couple of things that give you that impression?

I think this is a pretty fair, brief assessment of things thus far:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/02/out-of-the-gate-biden-ditches-bipartisanship/

CABAL? You mean like child eating devil worshippers?

Feb 26, 2021, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Does anybody seriously believe Biden is making any sort of ]

THAT kind of cabal?

Feb 26, 2021, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anybody seriously believe Biden is making any sort of ]

I think he is running the show - and delegating the details to people who he trusts to steer the middle course that he envisions. And as long as that continues, I am good with it.

Feb 26, 2021, 10:52 AM

yep and biden got 80 million votes. i got lots of swampland for sale if you are in need. fact is 75% of politicians in washington need to be replaced immediately. mcconnell especially. we now have a guy in charge of the nuclear football that does not even know today is friday. luckily the dems took some of that power from him. i guess you idiots got no problem with gas prices soaring and millions of people being put out of work. he!! sleepy is even getting rid of programs clinton put in years ago.

Your political, economic and logical brilliance is shining

Feb 26, 2021, 11:04 AM

through.

You touched on almost all of the current malaise that is gripping the Republican Party as quozzel described.

Feb 26, 2021, 12:23 PM

Biden’s approval higher among people that contribute zero to society. Congrats.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 12:33 PM

I love how you claim to love America, but write off over half of its people as leeches. Brilliant !!

Feb 26, 2021, 10:26 PM

48% of Americans pay zero fed taxes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2021, 12:48 AM

Does that include trump?

How does one reconcile placing so much importance on paying taxes with support for trump? If it is confirmed he hasn't paid any significant federal income taxes in most years, does that have any affect on your support for him?

Feb 27, 2021, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Biden approval at 58%. McConnell & McCarthy least popular ]

So I guess that means Keowee approves.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Biden approval at 58% or Biden mental capacity at 58%

Feb 26, 2021, 12:26 PM

or less..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Feb 26, 2021, 9:14 PM

Fidel Castro had a 90+% approval rating.

Feb 27, 2021, 11:12 AM

So he said. Kim Jong Un has a 100% approval rating which is even better. His father also had a 100% approval rating too. Saddam was at 100% as well.

"we surveyed 100 democrats and found..."***

Feb 27, 2021, 10:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic