Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest on Josh Belk, per KornCOOT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

Latest on Josh Belk, per KornCOOT

Jun 7, 2018, 5:23 PM

Former Clemson DL Josh Belk remains in limbo at this time regarding his transfer plans. He has visited USC and Georgia and the Gamecocks remain the odds on favorite to land him. So, why hasn’t he moved forward with his decision? His coach at Lewisville High School William Mitchell, who keeps in regular contact with Belk, explained Wednesday night what’s holding up the process. “He’s kind of waiting to see if anything comes from the NCAA making a decision on transfers,” Mitchell said. “As I understand it, the NCAA is got something coming up where they are going to make a decision on some transfer rules in June. He wanted to wait to see if they change anything. I don’t think they are going to but he that’s what he’s waiting on to see if they are going to change anything. He said probably the beginning of July he’ll make his decision.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just waiting for the check to clear***

Jun 7, 2018, 5:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

waiting on summer workouts to finish up...***

Jun 7, 2018, 5:46 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: waiting on summer workouts to finish up...***

Jun 7, 2018, 6:33 PM

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he will not make a single contribution to any Division 1 program, regardless of where he lands.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More and more it just proves he's running away from Clemson

Jun 7, 2018, 9:11 PM

instead of running TO something he said he needed.

Which makes him more and more a liar.

Jun 8, 2018, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: waiting on summer workouts to finish up...*** ]

A character flaw who weeded himself from our program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems about right to me.***

Jun 7, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to waiting on summer workouts to finish up...*** ]

Jun 7, 2018, 10:08 PM [ in reply to waiting on summer workouts to finish up...*** ]

Lol

He’s going to USuCk.

Jun 7, 2018, 5:53 PM

All this is just smoke and mirrors.

Re: He’s going to USuCk.

Jun 7, 2018, 6:05 PM

My guess is he will ultimately be a washout.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes he is...

Jun 7, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to He’s going to USuCk. ]

but he's waiting to see if his attorney can convince the NCAA to grant a hardship waiver for him so he doesn't have to sit-out a year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yes he is...

Jun 7, 2018, 6:13 PM

BigCUFan® said:

but he's waiting to see if his attorney can convince the NCAA to grant a hardship waiver for him so he doesn't have to sit-out a year.

I believe that's right. From everything that I've heard it's a done deal.

Jun 7, 2018, 8:45 PM

I do not care where he ends up but if i was betting it would be Usuck. If he goes to GA then I guess he played both Usuck and CU. If he goes to Usc then I guess he liked the idea of not having the pressure of playing for a conference or national championship.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2018, 10:48 PM

Dude, who are you? Every P5 ESPECIALLY SEC school plays to win championships. That’s the point of the sport. There may not be as much pressure but that’s a good thing. He can come in and play his style of ball and contribute where he’s needed. Will be a stud regardless of where he lands. We saw this on his HS tape as well as all through Spring ball at Clemson. Wasnt he pushing around your seasoned OL lol?

Jun 7, 2018, 10:50 PM

Ya you make a good point. If he goes to SCar he will definitely compete for championships. Y’all must have a whole trophy case full right? He may as well as transfer to Rutgers and claim he wants to compete for championships there... about the same chance.

Jun 7, 2018, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

How many NCs in football does USuC have?

Jun 7, 2018, 11:03 PM

NC’s lol... drop the N. How many championships at any level do they have?

I heard they got rings made that said Divison Champs right next to worst loss in championship game history which was right next to national champs sort of and a picture of Cam’s face lol.

There's little pressure at a school that has ONE conference

Jun 7, 2018, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

championship, and that is it, in the 100+ history. Scar is one of the historically worst teams in all of CFB. They have a very passionate fanbase, I will give you that, a very passionate, unrealistic fanbase.

Compare that to Clemson, where we have played in the last 3 playoffs, was the top 2 teams the last three years, and the top one of those years. We are the odds-on favorite to make the CFP this year, and most have us winning it all. There are zero comparisons between Clemson and Scar with the exception that we reside within the same state.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...bless your heart !!!!

Jun 7, 2018, 11:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

He got his feelings hurt when it became apparent that he had no chance of earning immediate and significant playing time as a freshman.

The fact that he can get that at $CU and he can't at Clemson is just one more glaring example of how far apart the two programs really are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

playing vs. contending

Jun 8, 2018, 5:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

Any school that has has a football team is technically playing for a Championship. Every team in the country is also Technically undefeated right now; however 50% of them won’t be after game one. You just have to field a team to say you are trying to reach the championship. Only truly elite teams contend for the championship. To break that down for all the USuC fans; contends means actually has a legitimate shot at winning a championship.

There are realistically only about eight or nine teams...

Jun 8, 2018, 9:06 AM

who fall into the "contending" category and the WormPullers from the The University of Second Choice ARE ABSOLUTELY NOT one of them.

Jun 8, 2018, 6:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

"Dude, who are you?" LOL Sounds like someone that works at a McDonalds. The $EC is long known for being sneaky from recruiting to drug tests, you name it. USUCK is no different. Answer me this question, why did Belk commit and sign with Clemson if he wanted to be a chicken all along. Why did muscoot and his staff maintain contact with his parents even AFTER he signed and enrolled in school. Yeah yeah, 17 year old kid changed his mind. I think at Clemson, he found out he actually had to go to class. There is more to the story. We just don't know what it is. The lie about his mother's health just casts a shadow on him for me. I get it, he's a kid. Even kids need to be held accountable. Wherever he goes, he goes. He isn't coming here, so I've moved but when I see a coot come on here talking smack, especially after the last 4 years (and for years to come), I gotta respond.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Championships" at USuCk?!?!?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jun 8, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deep breath

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Screw Calford.

Outback Bowl championships maybe***

Jun 8, 2018, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

If he ends up in columbia...

Jun 8, 2018, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

He certainly doesn't have to worry about any championship pressure haha!!!

will he leave games @ HT like your fans?***

Jun 8, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

Jun 8, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

The history of the SCar program indicates they play for mediocrity. They’ve certainly achieved that. Championships not so much

Jun 7, 2018, 10:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes he is... ]

Can’t agree more... never heard of her. Belk? Is that the new cheerleader who will watch Trevor walk his ### up and down the field the next few years?

Jun 7, 2018, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Yes he is... ]

True enough but you wouldn't think that would hold up his commitment to the coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2018, 6:20 PM

Don’t give a #### about Josh Belk

His “hardship” goes out the window if he goes to UGA...

Jun 7, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Yes he is... ]

“I’ve got to be closer to home” but then go to UGA? if he doesn’t get on a campus until July he’s going to be hard pressed to get on the field this year anyway...

He made a huge mistake leaving Clemson, IMO.

He is waiting to see if he gets a hardship waiver...

Jun 7, 2018, 6:33 PM

And then he doesn’t have to sit out a year. If he has to sit out a year anyway he will prob go to UGA.

He wants NCAA to think he is going to SC bc close to family and “sick” mother. So that he can not sit out a year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is waiting to see if he gets a hardship waiver...

Jun 7, 2018, 7:20 PM

I thought the waiver for where ever he wanted to go was pretty much sorted w/ Dabo, the attorney, the NCAA, so. . . ? Just waiting for the right "incentive" from notUSC or Georgia?

Whatever. Have him and good luck. Orange wearing, hard workin' fellas gonna see him in November. If not then and if Georgia's really lucky again, maybe in January.

I think Belk is waiting on Muschamp .

Jun 7, 2018, 7:31 PM

I think they'll be rumors that he's going to UGA and Muschamp will make a visit to turn the tables showing what a great recruiter he is (to bring in a life-long fan)...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Latest on Josh Belk, per KornCOOT

Jun 7, 2018, 7:47 PM

Are we still talking about this dude? He couldn't cut it at Clemson, that's all we need to know

Jun 7, 2018, 8:09 PM

^^NAILED IT^^

Jun 8, 2018, 6:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Josh Belk, per KornCOOT ]

THIS!!!!! His feelings got a little hurt, so he chose somewhere less threatening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He did lie to Dabo about his "Mother being sick"?

Jun 7, 2018, 10:05 PM

Thinking about Gawja appears to make him a liar. If his Mom was getting treatment in Columbia, I would understand, BUT NO NOTHING ABOUT THAT! I hope Dabo blasts him and his coot lawyer!

Forgot the part about CU dodging a bullet

Jun 7, 2018, 10:32 PM

fake news

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Forgot the part about CU dodging a bullet***

Jun 7, 2018, 10:55 PM

Jun 8, 2018, 12:06 AM

So you mentioned Belk again, and I now have popups of expensive purses. Our spyware obviously looks at just content, not context!

Long story short, he will be attending USCjr soon.*****

Jun 8, 2018, 5:41 AM

Jun 8, 2018, 8:22 AM

You gentlemen do realize Belk's trip to Athens was based off his relationship with DL Coach Tray Scott who recruited the kid while at UNC. I understand Belk was offered..... not sure where we stand with his recruitment at the moment....nothing coming from our mods leads me to believe he lands in Athens at this time.

It’s all a charade on his part. He’s going to USuCk unless something really drastic happens.***

Jun 8, 2018, 9:49 AM

If his waiver gets denied and he has to sit out a year

Jun 8, 2018, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Latest on Josh Belk, per KornCOOT ]

my money is on him going to UGA, that is if UGA wants him. He isn’t going to sit out the year to play for those bottom feeders in Columbia unless there’s no other choice.

the fact that he is even visiting UGA should be enough to

Jun 8, 2018, 3:22 PM

deny the waiver......it shows it's not sincere... the waivers have been extremely difficult to get in the past

Whew! Thanks man!

Jun 8, 2018, 8:48 AM

Ive been anxiously waiting for an update on Mr Belk...

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic