Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Musburger, you need to "deal with it". You're wrong.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Musburger, you need to "deal with it". You're wrong.

Jan 2, 2015, 9:51 PM

Tried this the other night right before I went to sleep and apparently noone knew what I was talking about. This time I have a link.

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/ohio-state/brent-musburger-to-those-who-think-espn-has-a-sec-bias-deal-with-it-theyre-the-best

During a broadcast of an SEC game, Musburger responded to those who feel that there is an SEC bias to "deal with it! They're the best."

Well Brent, no they're not.

I just wonder how many of those seven consecutive SEC championships would have happened if a playoff system had been in effect.

Screw the SEC. Bigboy football's sitting at home for the championship this season as it should be.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Brent's defense, he was laying on the SEC pretty good

Jan 2, 2015, 10:06 PM

during one of their losses either the Orange Bowl or Peach Bowl. I thought he was giving them a harder time than most announcers dare to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re follow the money . He gets a check from ESPN.***

Jan 2, 2015, 10:12 PM

..imagine if the NCAA BB playoffs were reduced to...

Jan 2, 2015, 10:10 PM

..a 2 or 4 team playoff for the past 30 years: Kentucky would have at least 15 titles and UNC 10 in that time frame, same with Bama winning so many FB titles in the past decade.....

Musburger loves Clemson, so he's ok with me.***

Jan 2, 2015, 10:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

used too, but drank the sec koolaid***

Jan 2, 2015, 10:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Musburger, you need to "deal with it". You're wrong.

Jan 2, 2015, 10:40 PM

compare the power 5 conferences from top to bottom and tell me which one you think is the best. or just rank them in order from 1 to 5. best to last!

Jan 2, 2015, 10:44 PM

Pac-12 probably is the best this year. But you keep drinking that SEC koolaid, coot.

Jan 2, 2015, 10:48 PM

probably? ok! rank the other 4 for me then! are you scared to offend someone with your opinion or just don't want to admit something?

Jan 2, 2015, 10:50 PM

1) ACC
2) BIG 10
3) BIG 12
4) PAC

20) SEC

Jan 2, 2015, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Musburger, you need to "deal with it". You're wrong. ]

you are real aren't you?

I thought LeadCoot wuz a myth.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2015, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Musburger, you need to "deal with it". You're wrong. ]

crickets! never let being paranoid get you down. if they really are after you, you are not paranoid!

Jan 2, 2015, 10:48 PM

Why are you talking to yourself?

Are you looking for a moral victory? No one is saying the

Jan 2, 2015, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Musburger, you need to "deal with it". You're wrong. ]

SEC is a bad conference. Just that the supposed superiority is a bit ridiculous. The team that is credited most with the SEC dominance, the one that actually WON a good bit of NCs, that one the schedules cupcakes galore....just got beat by a team on its 3rd string QB. As far as I know, Bama's recruiting hasn't dropped off the past few seasons. So what gives? Where's the dominance? As far as I know, Saban is still the coach. Shouldn't this had been a near shut out ala Clemson vs. Oklahoma? Bama must've wanted to be there...it WAS the path to the NC.

Just take it on the chin and move on...

Exactly right. Thanks!??***

Jan 2, 2015, 10:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are you looking for a moral victory? No one is saying the

Jan 2, 2015, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Are you looking for a moral victory? No one is saying the ]

take what on the chin list man. all I said is rank the power five conferences in order from top to bottom . I noticed no one seems to want to do that. pretend all you want, but the sec is still the BEST power 5 conference from top to bottom, no question. cry, weep or claim bias it will not change. make wine from those sour grapes and you will be fine. and as far as the acc, we are last or at best 4th. facts don't change only opinions.

Message was edited by: lead tiger®

Jan 2, 2015, 10:55 PM

Hey idgit, we know there's something wrong with you but try to keep up. The only conference ranking list you ever need to see is right above you.

Who are the elite teams in the SEC?***

Jan 2, 2015, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you looking for a moral victory? No one is saying the ]

Re: Who are the elite teams in the SEC?***

Jan 2, 2015, 11:01 PM

crickets on that list! ok your honor I think the point is proven and with this group and we can move on. refer back to truth, logic, and facts, and NEVER SLANTED PATHTETIC attempts to distort in the name of being jealous. next subject!

This must be Dr. Nakamats original handle

Jan 2, 2015, 11:02 PM

Completely avoids a simple question.

Next subject, thought you'd never ask.

Jan 2, 2015, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Who are the elite teams in the SEC?*** ]

Let's talk about the Sugar Bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jan 3, 2015, 12:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are the elite teams in the SEC?*** ]

The best team in the SEC is Bama. They just aren't as good as Ohio State. Bama is just a little better than Ole Miss and Miss State. Of course none of which are better than TCU or GT. Auburn trails a little further back, but can't hang with a decent B1G team. Georgia comes next just ahead of Mizzou. Then LSU who is almost as good as Notre Dame.

Questions?

Didn't Bama lose to Ole Misses?***

Jan 3, 2015, 12:10 AM

Re: Didn't Bama lose to Ole Misses?***

Jan 3, 2015, 12:17 AM

Yes but I give them the nod since they won the league. Bama's results against both Miss's, however, leave them well short of TCU and GT of course based on decisive evidence in postseason play.

Ever fulfill your end of that bet?

Jan 3, 2015, 12:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are the elite teams in the SEC?*** ]

I'm guessing that will come up with crickets too.

Unless you really are adamant about following through on things, as you seem to be

Clemson

Jan 3, 2015, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are the elite teams in the SEC?*** ]

Seriously man. Do you think ANYONE believes you're a Clemson fan? You're not clever and you're the most ignorant poster on here.
GTFO

And to answer your question

1. Pac-12
2. SEC
3. ACC
4. Big 12
5. Big 10

Did you just say, "crickets on that list"?

Jan 3, 2015, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Who are the elite teams in the SEC?*** ]

Do you not see the irony in that? Seriously, "Ned", there's something very wrong with you.

Jan 2, 2015, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you looking for a moral victory? No one is saying the ]

Why do you refer to the ACC as "we," and why do you donate to your rival's website?

I'm confused

Jan 2, 2015, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you looking for a moral victory? No one is saying the ]

Isn't espn the one who wanted all the teams in the playoff to be sec teams? So a moral victory was in November? You've got to play who you have to play. So just give the sec the trophy every year, forget the playoffs? I wonder over the last 10 years how mighty the sec would have been with just a 4 team playoff system? It's time for the BEST team to win, not espn propaganda NC trophies.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blue Caddy, your team sucks and your crutch league is not

Jan 3, 2015, 12:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Musburger, you need to "deal with it". You're wrong. ]

NEARLY as good as you try so hard to convince yourself.

The SEC West, by far the better division in your conference, was 2-5 in bowl games. No significant victories. The SEC East beat nobody in bowl games. Alabama, the best team in the West, lost to an Ohio State team who everyone said didn;t deserve to be there and they started their 3rd string QB. UGA, the best team in the East, lost to Georgia Tech, from the lesser division of the conference you claim is 4th at best.

Your logic is flawed. Not really logical AT ALL. face it, your 15 minutes of fame is over, and your crutch has been exposed and is broken. Time for you to find another hobby where you can openly display your dementia. The jig is up.

Jan 3, 2015, 5:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Musburger, you need to "deal with it". You're wrong. ]

Man, what do you do, sit up all night praying to the $ec gods to let you actually be a part????? Screw the "conference". Eat 35-17, and enjoy it. There is more to come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I recall correctly he added

Jan 2, 2015, 10:50 PM

"Don't like it, then beat 'em."
Which is funny because this was all after FSU had already "beat 'em" for the title.

In reality Musberger is a kiss up pansy who was always a homer for northern schools in the Notre Dame/Big Ten heyday. He's just such a weakling he's taken a Cant Beat 'Em Join 'Em approach on the SEC since they put those schools in the rear view. Given the chance he and many like him would love to tout the B1G like they currently do the SEC.

They will get their chance to tout BIG in near future...

Jan 2, 2015, 10:57 PM

Mich State, Mich, Penn State, Ohio St, and Northwestern will be clicking on all cylinders in 2 years...

I just hope Louisville, Miami, BC, Pitt, Syracuse, NC State and Va Tech will join Clemson, FSU GTech, and Duke as power houses in ACC in 2 years. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He gets a permanent pass for coming up with

Jan 2, 2015, 11:22 PM

"The most exciting 25 seconds in college football".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and "Even Georgia had to take a peek!"

Jan 3, 2015, 1:53 AM

yeah, Brent is a classic type guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic