Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Old CUTigers Members
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,941

Old CUTigers Members

Mar 14, 2020, 7:35 PM

I replied to the topic about who posted first on T-Net.

It made me wonder who on this site is an old CUTiger member that transferred over after it folded.

I was very active on CUTigers. I had the same username, tshark. I can remember Roy Philpott when he ran the site, Scooby gate (God rest his soul), the debates and discussions, competitions to see who can select the most correct college football games (won it once) and the poster (cannot remember his handle) who set the record for posts by posting to himself carrying on a conversation for almost 24 hours.

Is anyone else an old CUTigers members and can recall some of the fun times. Just reflecting in this slow...period.

Glad I was T-Net member, so I had a place to go when CUTigers went down

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Old CUTigers Members

Mar 14, 2020, 9:39 PM

I was on there and then joined under Phinstigers in 06.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 14, 2020, 9:44 PM

I haven't changed on most sites. Maybe Tigerillustrated with a different handle. I am still a mod on a couple.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

used to have great baseball chats during games

Mar 15, 2020, 12:04 AM

old gocu was a regular (and good friend of scooby's). nirvana nole would crash the game chats. roy ran a great site for a while. joe21 was a legend there, first.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Mar 15, 2020, 12:28 AM

Had great pictures on that site especially the “Girls st the game” album. I think that’s what it was called.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 1:08 AM

I was old time Valley guy. Triton20X. Used to have some great conversations, some good nuggets, and a lot of fun razzing dudes.

Atlanta J and his Gothic chicks.

Nelioconcept, which i still see post on here sometimes, he was a photographer of wimmins, had some nice photos. I remember when he said he ran a 4.3 and he caught hell til the board died basically.

Had some gems on there like OldTig that had great stories and passed away around 2011ish. I think ole Skippy, one of the funny guys, got into that firey car wreck that cost him his life, and not sure if true or not but he was trying to save someone when it happened.

Had TBfan, he always was the statistic guy but he came up with some good stuff! He had to spend hrs on some of that.

We had our idiots also. I think Tigerpride22 was a troll but no one could ever figure him out. Thought he was a bball expert? If I have the name wrong forgive me, but I think Im close. Then there was Tigvette, PurpleTiger, ughh, been a while, can't recall others right off. But the bantering was fun, the Silver Tuna was a hit which would be that on 5* we might get each year during CTB days. I remember we thought we were moving up after Davis, Spiller, then Silver Tuna Jamie Harper, same year as Andre Ellington who ended up better that Harper. The fun we had with CTB talking about Parker in his sexy baseball pants!

That's all before smart phones and you had to be dedicated to follow team sports on a forum and it was too much work for trolls! Plus every yahoo didn't think their opinion matters nor could they pick up their phone just to stir the pot.

The boards were more peaceful, with great insight and true nuggets. Not everyone was a keyboard maverick. Just saying!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 7:13 AM

I think I was CTiger75. I do remember Scoobygate and his untimely ending. I can't remember, but I think Trooper Del made visits to that site, or maybe it was those other obnoxious coot fans that were constant annoyances.

Mar 15, 2020, 8:52 AM

Heard Trooper Del was the worst of the worst ... truth ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 15, 2020, 8:45 AM

CUTigers was a blast. I don’t know why they folded up but I’ve got a feeling Tnet is here for the long haul.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember it well. The Tommy Bowden "fired" week

Mar 15, 2020, 8:55 AM

was a wild time for the site and on the premium message board.

Clemson got whipped in Winston Salem on a Saturday and I spoke to senior athletic department employee on Sunday and was told Tommy Bowden was going to be fired Sunday night.

I posted it on the message board and the post went "viral" before viral was even a thing! AJC even wrote article and referenced the site in article...a BIG deal in those days when non "official" media such as sports web sites were given no credit or credibility by the massive media complex.

The Tuesday TB presser was TENSE!

As fate would have it, we were scheduled to have the next week's pregame show off campus at a Seneca car dealership. It was the only time in TPS history we have had the show off campus for a home game...but lordy it was a fortunate break for Roy and I that day.

Clemson beats FSU with Charlie Whitehurst and Derrick Hamilton going wild that Saturday night and "the finish" was born with 63-17 and Peach Bowl win over Tennessee happening.

Needless to say, it was my one and only time posting something from a senior athletic department member!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 9:14 AM

I was on there fpr a long time. I think my user name was Joe63. I have a list of many of the regular posters. I'll see if I can find it and post some of the user names. "Scooby" could give the coot fans fits. Several of us had ben together the day Scooby was killed in an accident on his way home.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2020, 9:28 AM

He went by ScoobySnack not Scoobygate.

WT

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,941
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic