Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ummmm... hope the falcs know what they are doing, MAN !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

ummmm... hope the falcs know what they are doing, MAN !

Apr 27, 2017, 11:16 PM

wow

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ummmm... hope the falcs know what they are doing, MAN !

Apr 27, 2017, 11:18 PM

Grady has some reeling in to do.

Kid reminds me a little of early Grady's uncle.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

uncle was actually a smart, measured cerebral guy

Apr 27, 2017, 11:21 PM

despite the intensity. This guy, not so sure ! That was crazy. When Sanders tells you to settle down, you know you are a loose cannon

Re: uncle was actually a smart, measured cerebral guy

Apr 27, 2017, 11:25 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/23/joe-flacco-i-love-ray-lewis-but-his-speeches-didnt-even-make-sense/

Flacco and I agree.

null

makes sense, Flacco is a bore. His own dad even says that***

Apr 27, 2017, 11:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lewis is a moron. uncle (dad maybe?) was jesse tuggle***

Apr 27, 2017, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: uncle was actually a smart, measured cerebral guy ]

Re: lewis is a moron. uncle (dad maybe?) was jesse tuggle***

Apr 27, 2017, 11:35 PM

I agree - particularly early in his career.

null

Yep, I was embarrassed for him...

Apr 27, 2017, 11:23 PM

...pretty sad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Yep, I was embarrassed for him...

Apr 27, 2017, 11:24 PM

What happened? I missed it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GD and F bombs during his interview....***

Apr 27, 2017, 11:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: GD and F bombs during his interview....***

Apr 27, 2017, 11:27 PM

Gonna have to go and find it online

Just saw it...Vic is a "little" more chill than this guy

Apr 27, 2017, 11:34 PM [ in reply to GD and F bombs during his interview....*** ]

Not gonna fault him too much for being caught up in the moment....but yeah, that was a little much

Somebody has to be...

Apr 28, 2017, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Yep, I was embarrassed for him... ]

I doubt he has the intellect to be embarrassed for himself.

Totally classless. There's no rationalizing it and there's no excuse for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 27, 2017, 11:27 PM

He's going to be awesome

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Maybe, but never seen anything like that...

Apr 27, 2017, 11:31 PM

...even after Sanders asked him to calm down. Very strange.

Apr 27, 2017, 11:42 PM

Hope it's not drugs. But ghee whiz. Not sure I agree with that pick.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2017, 11:54 PM

I'm not going to harp on a guy who's overwhelmed by emotion...yea, he lost it, but he's a DE, not a QB. He'll be fine. Happy for him.

LB, I think, but whatever... we shall see***

Apr 27, 2017, 11:56 PM

Re: LB, I think, but whatever... we shall see***

Apr 28, 2017, 1:06 AM

He's a DE according to NFL.com, ESPN, and UCLA's official roster.

Biggest moment of his life, 1st round pick, on national...

Apr 28, 2017, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: ummmm... hope the falcs know what they are doing, MAN ! ]

...TV being interviewed, about to be very very rich, and he couldn't suppress the GD and F bombs? That is pretty sad. Don't care if he's excited or the moment was too big, but my goodness. Can assure you there are people in the Falcon's organization wondering about that pick in hindsight right now. I would be mortified if a CU player acted that way and certainly would be very concerned if I was about to pay him millions of dollars.

Re: Biggest moment of his life, 1st round pick, on national...

Apr 28, 2017, 1:03 AM

I agree it was over-the-top, but I don't think he was excited...I think he was overcome with emotion. If what he said was true, his grandmother told him to do X,Y,Z on her death bed and then died immediately after she finished her sentence. At this moment, he fulfilled her wish. I'm not saying it wasn't ridiculous or that he should have handled it better, but I'm going to give him a little leeway given the situation.

On top of that, he's a DE, not a QB. If he was supposed to be the mature, emotional leader of the team, I would certainly be giving this some pause...but he's an edge rusher. I'll allow them to be a little more emotionally unstable.

Apr 28, 2017, 2:12 AM

grandma must be proud. He bragged about her raising him and then does this, IMO, he disrespected her. He was talking to her when she died, not her talking to him

Apr 28, 2017, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Biggest moment of his life, 1st round pick, on national... ]

A lot of judgement going on in here.

Boulware goes off on rants and he's fiery, this guy does it and he's classless. I learned a long time ago that people don't grow up in similar situations - he didn't hurt anyone, he'll be fine.

No excuse whatsoever for that. Unacceptable.***

Apr 28, 2017, 12:17 AM [ in reply to Re: ummmm... hope the falcs know what they are doing, MAN ! ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: No excuse whatsoever for that. Unacceptable.***

Apr 28, 2017, 1:07 AM

How so? He didn't flash his balls and threaten violence, he was overcome with emotion. Why are people actually upset about this? If anything this is worth a chuckle and a "wow". Nothing more.

"He didn't flash his balls and threaten violence"...

Apr 28, 2017, 2:47 AM

...so that's your threshold of decency? As if GD and the F bomb wasn't enough on national TV for all to see and hear. The fact that "He didn't flash his balls and threaten violence" is a win? He should be given a solid for that? What he said was beyond crass and not acceptable behavior for the vast majority of folks. There is no excuse to make up for that. Try to rationalize it all you want.

Totally agree..just plain decency***

Apr 28, 2017, 6:03 AM

Re: "He didn't flash his balls and threaten violence"...

Apr 28, 2017, 10:44 AM [ in reply to "He didn't flash his balls and threaten violence"... ]

I didn't say it was a win, or that it was "solid". It was crazy...I've never seen anyone do that, and I'd agree that you probably don't want your draft picks doing that. But at the same time, I don't think it merits the outrage it seems to be getting here.

I'm not upset; I'm just stating that it's inappropriate and

Apr 28, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: No excuse whatsoever for that. Unacceptable.*** ]

unacceptable in that situation. Being very emotional is never an excuse for inappropriate behavior - ever. It makes it more understandable, sure, but not acceptable. Society depends upon people behaving appropriately even when it's difficult or when they don't feel like it.

He probably just doesn't know any better, and that's sad. Or, he knows better, but didn't care, and that's even sadder.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'm not upset; I'm just stating that it's inappropriate and

Apr 28, 2017, 10:56 AM

I agree it was inappropriate...I guess it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. I watched the draft with a fellow Clemson grad last night and we both started cracking up and saying "wow!" when we heard it, but some people here (not necessarily you) seem to be totally outraged.

Re: No excuse whatsoever for that. Unacceptable.***

Apr 28, 2017, 2:17 AM [ in reply to No excuse whatsoever for that. Unacceptable.*** ]

I agree. However at the same time, my career has put me in touch with many young men of a similar age, and frankly, this is how they often talk now. Don't believe me? Check your kid/grandkids twitter, instagram, facebook, whatever. They might not do it in front of you, but unfortunately, foul language is all too common.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Believe me, I'm well aware of that.***

Apr 28, 2017, 8:47 AM

- H. L. Mencken

Yeah, because his excitement over getting drafted

Apr 28, 2017, 11:07 AM

Will totally affect his ability as a football player. Good grief dude

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic