Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots new savior QB...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,106

Coots new savior QB...

Oct 25, 2019, 12:02 PM

Exhibit A: 65% completion for 1420 yards per attempt at 7.5 yards per throw average 9 TDs and 4 INTs for a 140 QB rating

Exhibit B: 60% completion for 1198 yards 6.0 yards per attempt and 7 TDs to 3 INTs for a 119 QB rating

Exhibit A is Jake Bentley, B is Hilinski. Cycling in?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do think Helsinki has more upside though***

Oct 25, 2019, 12:04 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: I do think Helsinki has more upside though***

Oct 25, 2019, 2:28 PM

There is nothing in Muschump's resume to suggest that he's any good at evaluating talent. He can't tell upside from his backside.

Re: I do think Helsinki has more upside though***

Oct 25, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to I do think Helsinki has more upside though*** ]

Helsinki knows not to kick lockers after losses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots new savior QB...

Oct 25, 2019, 12:14 PM

Bentley has more physical talent, IMHO, but Hilinski seems better mentally and ultimately that can make him a better QB going forward. They could not replace Deebo Samuel, that much is clear, so they are not nearly as explosive as a result.

It will be worse next year...

Oct 25, 2019, 12:32 PM

when Edwards and their only two decent RBs depart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

and Hilinski's numbers are inflated...

Oct 25, 2019, 12:29 PM

as a result of running-it-up against the Charleston Southern School for the Deaf and Blind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

thought hilinski would be good game manager after spring game

Oct 25, 2019, 12:32 PM

has looked downhill since

arm not strong enough

Hilinski is going to be very good QB

Oct 25, 2019, 12:38 PM

I don’t think he will be up there with C Shaw but I think he is going to make them better. For him the challenge will be to stay mentally tough and to not get influenced by the SC football program/environment that is losing. If he can manage thru that he will do some good things for them. If he gets sucked into The Suck that is the fan base, history, and mindset the is sc football then he will struggle.

Oct 25, 2019, 12:42 PM

we cant see the game for the cameras looking for his mom. Thos other parents are going to have to clear out so we can see their reaction every moment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 12:47 PM

It’s hilarious how all the coots made such a big deal after he threw for over 300 yards against Bama. What they failed to mention was he threw the ball 57 times. He was 36 for 57 for 324 yards. That’s 5.7 yards per attempt. That’s pitiful. It would have been worse if shi smith doesn’t catch a Hail Mary for a td that Hillimpski just threw up between 2 defenders that somehow found its way into the receivers hands.

All he can do is throw short passes around the LOS. When he gets around 10 yards or more, he sucks.

Oct 25, 2019, 12:48 PM

Senior vs Freshman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 12:51 PM

Something tells me those weren't Bentley's senior numbers from the one game he played and lost.

Based on the fact that I think he played about 6 or 7 games as a freshman, it may be a freshman year comparison.

Oct 25, 2019, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots new savior QB... ]

No this was Bentley's Freshman numbers and remember he was only like 12 when he was a Freshman.

Great Stats

Oct 25, 2019, 1:53 PM

Coots were hyping up Bentley after his freshman year too and look how that turned out. Yet to see anything so far that makes me think Hilinski is any better than Ol Jake. As another poster above states too their offense taking another big step back next year (along with the defense too I believe)

Oct 25, 2019, 4:28 PM

You missed the point. It’s never about THIS YEARS numbers. It’s always about NEXT YEARS numbers. And thus they’re never ending cycle.

Oct 25, 2019, 4:40 PM

Muschamp has yet to prove that he can develop a quarterback ..... don't know why except during his Florida years it is hard for any QB thrive running on 1st and 2nd down and throwing on third ..... every set of downs. Bentley has not gotten any better in his four years. Nothing suggests that Muschamp will develop Hilinski.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2019, 6:19 PM

Not true. He developed a qb into a wide receiver. And he did that to a qb that should have been a DB.

Quite a feat if you ask me!!!

it doesn’t matter because

Oct 25, 2019, 4:57 PM

No one will be able to make chicken salad out of chicken shyatt

Both are good folks, so this is not a personal criticism...

Oct 25, 2019, 5:14 PM

..Hilinski appears to have a little quicker read and release, but I don't think it's a huge gap, both would benefit from better coaching and team around them....

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,106
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic