Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson could Play ND 3 times this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Clemson could Play ND 3 times this year

Dec 4, 2020, 12:59 PM

Assuming Clemson beats ND in the ACCCG and moves to the number 2 spot, Ohio St would move to number 3. If the unthinkable happened and ND best Bama, the final game could very well be a 3 peat rematch of the ages. This would be awesome if it happens!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson could Play ND 3 times this year

Dec 4, 2020, 1:04 PM

If ND remains #2, we most likely will remain #3, and that puts us playing each other, and ND stands as much chance of beating Bama as the coots do, IMHO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with most of your scenario. Clemson beats ND in the

Dec 4, 2020, 1:38 PM

ACC title game, moving Clemson to #2 and ND to #4. From there, I think Bama beats ND and Clemson will beat Ohio State, assuming Ohio State makes it to the CFP. If Ohio St. does not make the CFP, then we will play ND in the first round of the CFP in a #2 vs #3 game. Nationally, most of the Country will be bored to see a third ND/Clemson game. That said, if we win it will set up the fourth Clemson/Bama title game since 2015.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with most of your scenario. Clemson beats ND in the

Dec 4, 2020, 2:10 PM

Bama would be a very tough out but if we make it
that far with a healthy team, I believe we can beat
them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND can’t score enough to keep up with Bama

Dec 4, 2020, 2:00 PM

It would make for an interesting story

The only way I see us meeting in the playoffs is first round. I doubt the committee would let that happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 2:13 PM

Not likely as the CFP usually don't take teams that were blown out by another playoff team, especially late in the season. We will take an axe to ND with a full offensive showing and a healthier D will make ND have to play from behind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 2:20 PM

German's

Nobody is playing anybody 3 times as long as we have a 4

Dec 4, 2020, 3:02 PM

team playoff...NOBODY is losing their conference CG and backing in to a 4 team playoff...NOBODY

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nobody is playing anybody 3 times as long as we have a 4

Dec 4, 2020, 3:08 PM

ND will be in the playoffs regardless if we win or not. We will have to beat them black and blue 30+ to 7 or worse. I see an epic battle 31-27 kinda score myself

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, NOBODY is backing in to a 4 teamer after losing their

Dec 6, 2020, 11:38 AM

Conference Championship game...Nobody

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2020, 3:30 PM

If everything goes "chalk" we will likely play them in the semis, just flip flop the current seedings, us as the 2 then them as the 3--remember, it's based off the body of work if the committee applies the letter of the law. Ohio St's "punishment" for so few games is playing the 1 seed, or out right jumped by TAM, either way, we play ND in the semis... If we get a little chaos and Florida beats Bama, we could jump all the way to the 1 seed and would play Florida or Bama in the semis, hard to evaluate how much value the committee would value the conference championship vs the undefeated SEC regular season... Another wrench could be if we blow out ND, then they drop to the 4, in this same scenario, setting up re-matches of ACC and SEC championship games in the semis... All fascinating possibilities, can't wait to see it play out! But, the main thing you need to remember is IF OSU is in, they will not be any higher than a 4 seed, the committee has basically said as much.

they'll do whatever makes the best tv matchups...

Dec 4, 2020, 3:52 PM

Assuming Bama wins out, we win and then it comes down to can OSU play enough games to qualify for their conference title and what if TAMU wins Saturday and then makes up their other games getting all 10 in?

Its very possible they get in over OSU....will be interesting bc last thing they want is us and ND again back to back and then Bama- TAMU again.....ND/Bama is a made for tv matchup and good storylines with Jimbo vs Dabo. If OSU gets in then its 100% certainty that its BAma/ND and Clem/OSU.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic