Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Favorite regular season game [last ten years]
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 3,078

Favorite regular season game [last ten years]

Aug 19, 2018, 7:35 PM

I think for me it was 2011, when we beat Auburn.That win really got the ball rolling.The 56-7 win over the coots was extremely satisfying as well. What were some of your personal favorites?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

there are several but the notre dame game was huge for me***

Aug 19, 2018, 7:46 PM

null

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Favorite regular season game [last ten years]

Aug 19, 2018, 7:49 PM

I’d say The ND game. Was there. Was cold. Was wet. Was happy.

Also always enjoy anytime FSU comes to town.

Aug 19, 2018, 7:52 PM

When CLEMSON beat LSU, that game started a new space time continuum line that sent LSU to the bottom of the college football heap, and CLEMSON to the top. And specifically, the single play in that game was the catch from Boyd to Nuk to keep the drive alive, setting up the winning FG.

If LSU had a Delorean, then they would go back in time to that moment and triple-cover Nuk.

Aug 19, 2018, 9:35 PM

Do you know what the regular season is?

Or just run the ball on their preceding offensive series.***

Aug 20, 2018, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Favorite regular season game [last ten years] ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 19, 2018, 8:00 PM

I'd agree with the ND game, with 56-7 right there as well

That Georgia game was pretty hype..did I use that correctly?***

Aug 20, 2018, 10:02 PM

Re: That Georgia game was pretty hype..did I use that correctly?***

Aug 20, 2018, 10:05 PM

I think they’re saying “lit” these days.

Notre Dame in the monsoon

Aug 19, 2018, 8:02 PM

Lost my voice for two weeks. Double ear infection. And was up for 48 hours. But totally worth it.

Re: Notre Dame in the monsoon

Aug 19, 2018, 8:55 PM

Same here. No voice, inner ear infection, throat felt like I had knives in it. It was awesome. Wouldn’t have missed it for worlds! The next was the “We will Rock you” game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 8:05 PM

ND.

Instant classic

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 8:05 PM

ND and it's not even close

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 19, 2018, 8:19 PM

The monsoon game against ND. That game is one of the best ever in the Valley.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goalline stand against Louisville after Jayron Kearse ran

Aug 19, 2018, 8:20 PM

down James Quick in 2014.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Aug 19, 2018, 8:25 PM

2015 FSU in Death Valley , had everything . We fall behind on an early Cook run and battle back to close at the half . Big swing when Cain houses a flats pass and then the deal sealer late with Gallman making a big 20+ yd TD run . Was a great day , tailgating in the mud of Old Lot 13 and then seeing a really great football game in Death Valley .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 19, 2018, 8:39 PM

58-0 in Miami. Hurricane fans were leaving at halftime. Even KB ran for two(?) scores. Total wipe out. Very relaxing.

Aug 19, 2018, 8:41 PM

How about 45-0 in Columbia in 1989? Danny's team made chicken hash out of the Gamecocks.

Aug 19, 2018, 8:43 PM

Okay. 1989 is way back, but I could not resist.

Aug 20, 2018, 6:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Favorite regular season game [last ten years] ]

Yeah, I loved that pounding in Miami too. That would definitely be in my top 5.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Favorite regular season game [last ten years] ]

...and Cain "housed that flats pass" coming into the endzone right at me - I was sitting in the West End just about 8 rows up right in front of him - it was awesome!

Had to be ND for me too

Aug 19, 2018, 8:59 PM

There with my son, at GameDay set at 7AM, soaked to the bone at the game

Aug 19, 2018, 9:00 PM

Notre Dame. Epic!

Aug 19, 2018, 11:29 PM

The ND fans were so cocky before the game. They had taken over 50% of the Esso before the game. Absolutely love seeing them post game , stunned, miserable, deflated, practically cootish!

All these are favorites and many more but I have to say

Aug 19, 2018, 9:13 PM

the 2014 win to break the five year coot streak was my favorite. Watching Wayne Gallman and Artavis Scott run up and down the field all day just made me feel like Clemson again. I live in Cooterville and that streak had me depressed for five years. Georgia win in 2013 was close second.

Aug 19, 2018, 9:20 PM

Notre Dame! Epic!

Aug 19, 2018, 9:27 PM

BEATING THE COOTS 63-17 IN COLUMBIA,AND SEEING THE COOT GIVE THE MIDDLE FINGER SIGN EVERYTIME JASMINE SCORED.

hate to say b/c it feels like 10 years ago but that was 15

Aug 20, 2018, 10:13 AM

years ago...can you believe that.

UGA 2013***

Aug 19, 2018, 9:28 PM

Wasn’t it attendance for ND game, so I’ll go with

Aug 19, 2018, 9:35 PM

Louisville game. The 4th quarter stop was great, and the crowd went nuts!

Aug 19, 2018, 9:34 PM

Louisville in 2016

Aug 19, 2018, 9:36 PM

UL in 16 or UGA at the valley.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:15 PM

I have to agree, Louisville in 2016 was awesome. I think that is the loudest game I have been to. Also, not sure what year it was, but the year we played Georgia tech and spiller pulled that double juke move. I remember it like it was yesterday but i was a young chap then. I also remember several good games between us and Boston college, back when they were relevant. I remember one back and forth game with them that we could have won if Aaron Kelly would have came up with a diving catch at the end of the game. I'm pretty sure Matt Ryan was their quarterback. Speaking of, I was there when David Dunham annihilated Matt Ryan. Awesome times...

Aug 20, 2018, 7:58 AM

Oh yea that GT game was huge!! CJ had 2 big plays that game and we ran away with it. I remember that BC game as well. Winner goes to the ACC championship. I felt like I did walking out of the Pitt game after that one.

I'll never forget that ND monsoon

Aug 19, 2018, 10:27 PM

My wife was 8 months pregnant. Our seats were amazing. She was such a trooper

Re: I'll never forget that ND monsoon

Aug 19, 2018, 10:38 PM
All_In.jpg(168.0 K)

… nor will I. One for the ages, truly.

Aug 20, 2018, 12:41 AM

That was fun...looking back at 10 years of history. Amazing how much I remember about so many games..

A couple of Miami wins were pivotal as well as FSU wins. Auburn and Louisville wins were important. Some of the wins after a loss turned out to be significant.....

But overall, I was one of the folks who was soaking wet and freezing cold and who couldn't have been happier after the ND win....

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 12:52 AM

Maryland game the last year we were on probation. They came in already winning the ACC, but we tore them a new one. We sat on the north side (visitors) and our group of 8 were about 5 rows from the field. It was so ugly the Maryland cheerleaders quit trying to cheer and leaned against the wall. Anytime boomer got on that end of the field, between the students and all of the tigers on our side yelling him name in some silly chant he couldn’t get the plays off. We beat them by 50 points if I remember correctly.
My second favorite was Rod Gardner. We had more people than tickets so my best friend and I used the student tickets we had picked up at the game. It was freezing cold, but you couldn’t get cold with people packed in
Third would be the look on the ciach’s Face when Notre Dame came out during the hurricane. He looked like he thought the noise was piped in and there was like 10,000 in the stands instead of a full house
Every game we beat the nasty, rude, vile scar team is great fir me. In fact the bigger the score the better. Was at Columbus for the 62?-17. I stayed in the Coop Center and the only thing you could hear was Clemson fans doing cheers back and forth across the stadium. Not a grill, tent, pickup etc left in the parking lot before half time

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 20, 2018, 12:53 AM

That’s true but I think that win against LSU helped tremendously too

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 20, 2018, 6:49 AM

I think the 56-7 drubbing of the Coots. Also I very much enjoyed the "leave no doubt" game against Loserville last year. I hate Petrino and the obnoxious Loserville fans. I also hated how the ESPN talking heads were always gushing over Lamar Jackson like he was the second coming. The more frustrated Jackson got in that game, the more joy I experienced.

Aug 20, 2018, 6:55 AM

The last 4 Auburn games because it avenged the 44-0 beating Sullivan and Beasley put on us in 71 as a little boy in DV.

That’s also why the Pitt loss hurt me more I was hoping the modern day Tigers could have avenged that 34-3 Gator Bowl drubbing by Matt Cavanaugh I watched at my first bowl game.

Message was edited by: Calhoun2®

FSU '09 at night in the Valley, totally electric.

Aug 20, 2018, 7:53 AM

The atmosphere was electric, but I rewatched that game yesterday, MAN did we try to shoot ourselves in the foot by missing field goals and extra points. But, even back then, you can see Dabo on the sidelines calming everybody down, building confidence. I would love to see what that offensive talent could do with the coordinators we have now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU '09 at night in the Valley, totally electric.

Aug 20, 2018, 7:56 AM

Plus, in person, I swear Christian Ponder was out on the sidelines and being tended to for about 5 minutes after Deandre hit him, but the TV broadcast did not show it that way.

Hard to single out one

Aug 20, 2018, 8:26 AM

Home games Aub 2011, UGA 2013, ND 2015 all stand out.

Road games at VT 2011, at FSU 2016.

Close games are great, but blowouts can be a blast too

Aug 20, 2018, 9:19 AM

56-7 was certainly a lot of fun.

Also 2014 NCSU game, where we scored a TD every possession of the first half, held State to 3-and-out for their first 5 or 6 possessions, and Vic had the strip-and-score of Brissett.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd have to say the DW4 ACL game against USuCk to break

Aug 20, 2018, 10:09 AM

the streak. Clemson fans were desperate for a win against those scoundrels. Deshaun cemented his legend in Clemson lore in his first year with that win. Even if he didn't go all the way like he did he still would be hailed as one of the greats with that performance. All that hype about what he told his high school coach and his will not being broken and then also the fact that we learned he dominated them with one leg...perfect ######.

Do ya'll remember the relief of that game?

Amen brother. I get more of a warm feeling thinking back to

Aug 20, 2018, 9:58 PM

that day than anything else.

Toss up between,

Aug 20, 2018, 10:12 AM

Louisville-2016
Notre Dame-2015

Re: Toss up between,

Aug 20, 2018, 11:32 AM

Those are also my 2 favorites! ND was just amazing all around and the weather made for an experience unlike anything else.

I didn't have a voice for over a week after the Louisville 2016 game!

Re: Toss up between,

Aug 20, 2018, 12:01 PM

Louisville was the loudest ive ever heard it, and notre dames atmosphere and hype was insane!

2009, MTSU***

Aug 20, 2018, 12:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2009, MTSU***

Aug 20, 2018, 12:50 PM

Last year vs Citadel. Took my 5 year old son to his first game. Before that, ND in the rain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without question, the 2015 NDU game was the most

Aug 20, 2018, 1:00 PM

fun I have ever had at a Clemson home game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

FSU 2015.. that game would make or break EVERYTHING!

Aug 20, 2018, 2:01 PM

We lose that, there is no ACC Atl champ, no ACCCG for us, no playoff, no beatdown of OK in Orange Bowl and no amazing trip to Phx for the natty against Bama.
Recruiting wise it felt huge too at the time whether it actually was or not.

Cook opened with that hold assisted 70yrd run on the 2nd play and DV was quiet quickly. Add in that on their 2013 visit Clemson had high hopes and got obliterated by Crablegs.

That whole game was incredible, all the way til Wayne Gallmans game sealing 30yrd TD run.

null

Re: FSU 2015.. that game would make or break EVERYTHING!

Aug 20, 2018, 3:09 PM

no doubt that was a crucial game.there has been so many recently I had forgotten that one!

Aug 20, 2018, 5:53 PM

I would say 2016 Louisville but I did not get a chance to see the whole game live. I had a birthday party to attend late that night but I've watched the replay about 100 times. My favorite game that I watched from start to finish? 2009 at Miami by FAR. We were hovering around .500 and Miami was still in the BCS picture. When Spiller took that kickoff back for a TD before the half, I knew something special would happen at the end. Fast forward and BOOM. There goes Jacoby across the middle for the win. In my mind, that was Dabo's 1st big win as the new HC.

Replies: 55
| visibility 3,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic