Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
the problem with American soccer...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

the problem with American soccer...

Jun 8, 2016, 10:41 PM

with all the flopping, whining, faking, crying, politicking, and out-and-out "gamesmanship" in this "sport"

then Dean Smith and Coach K

were just in the wrong sport.

Had those guys been soccer coaches

Brazil and Germany would be America's beatches....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is it still remains the sport of gheyz***

Jun 8, 2016, 10:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you obviously haven't learned your lesson ;)***

Jun 8, 2016, 11:11 PM

Re: the problem with American soccer...

Jun 8, 2016, 11:00 PM

Soccer is for girls

Tell that to my

Jun 8, 2016, 11:20 PM

9 yr old badazz center back. Lil Slac#2 is a terminator in the backfield...he'd tear yer old butt up on the pitch, bruh. ;)

No... The real problem with American Soccer

Jun 8, 2016, 11:49 PM

Is that we are in United States.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"with all the flopping, whining, faking,crying, politicking"

Jun 9, 2016, 1:22 AM

Thought you were talking about the NBA

Clemson

Re: "with all the flopping, whining, faking,crying, politicking"

Jun 9, 2016, 5:01 AM

+1. I thought the same thing. I had to go back and reread the post to make sure I had not misunderstood. Loo

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

naaahhh.... no one watches the NBA....

Jun 9, 2016, 9:21 AM

why write about those clowns?

Re: the REAL problem with American soccer...

Jun 9, 2016, 6:38 AM

is that we have real football. Soccer is like dating a tranny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disclaimer:

Jun 9, 2016, 6:40 AM

No offense to guys who date trannys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is that it is .... soccer***

Jun 9, 2016, 8:30 AM

Jun 9, 2016, 8:44 AM

We just have to the Paraguay to advance! What's the problem???

Jun 9, 2016, 8:44 AM

Tie*

Jun 9, 2016, 9:02 AM

Well, it is Copa America. When South American teams roll into town, that kinda stuff gets amped up about 10 levels. You oughtta see Copa Libertadores. The gamesmanship in THAT competition extends to fans, who are usually pent in behind 20-foot-tall riot fences...which they often attempt to climb anyway. On the field...whoo. It's like MMA, just with 22 guys on the field and a ball. Dreadful, illegal things happening every time a poor sod touches the ball; there's 11 guys on the other side looking to kick him or elbow him in the face as hard as possible. And then deny they ever did any such thing.

Still, USA did just curb-stomp Costa Rica - who finished fifth in the past World Cup - by a whopping 4-0, which is like 40-0 in football terms. All their whining and flopping and crying and general carrying on did not help them a bit; we put our boot down on their throat and made it stick. Maybe we're just getting better at the Dark Arts ourselves.

Anybody who says "soccer is for girls", by the way, not only hasn't played it, they also haven't played the college girls at it. Those Amazons will run you right into the ground. Different breed, for sure. But soccer is shockingly physical, and you will hurt after a game, I promise.

Jun 9, 2016, 9:18 AM

Exactly. I've played and coached soccer and football, and currently coach my son's football team. I can spot the kids who have played soccer because of their superior footwork. Kids that play soccer and basketball are developing the skills necessary to make plays in the open field in football. Personally, I had more injuries playing soccer than football or rugby. When people ridicule a popular sport like soccer, it is usually because they do not understand it or are upset that it is so popular. The argument can't be made that our Men and Women's national team are weak and can't compete. What I see is the national youth development programs, which became a major US Soccer initiative under Bruce Arena, are now paying off with young, talented players. Also, the "athletes" are now starting to choose soccer at a young age. At least that's my opinion from many years on both a soccer and football field.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic