Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
orange pants on road
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

orange pants on road

Nov 3, 2013, 6:26 PM

I wish we wore these again sometime. I don't like how they have been thrown out like the plague.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All whites baby...***

Nov 3, 2013, 6:30 PM

we aren't Bama and we shouldn't pretend to be

Nov 3, 2013, 6:33 PM

we don't need that every game

Re: we aren't Bama and we shouldn't pretend to be

Nov 3, 2013, 6:37 PM

you're going to love when the new purple and white plaifd ones get unveiled.

No we arent Bama by a long shot but I'm pleased to see we arent in the costume du jour like Md and Oregon. I like people can recognize who is playing. the irony here is in the 60's Bama had a white w red srtipe helmet for road and what they wear now for home. i

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not saying we need to get costumes each game

Nov 3, 2013, 6:39 PM

but we also dont need to be staunch and dull like Alabama,Texas,Oklahoma or Penn State.

Re: I'm not saying we need to get costumes each game

Nov 3, 2013, 6:44 PM

not trying to push your button but the Nike stuff gets turned over fairly frequently. the last orange pants may be long gone. there litereally may not be any except for those to go in the musuem

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

Nov 3, 2013, 7:09 PM

Are you saying the team literally doesn't have orange pants anymore and has zero attempt to use them again? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just asking for clarification there.

Nov 3, 2013, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not saying we need to get costumes each game ]

Well, since Nike is owned by an Oregon alum. I'm not sure why Clemson is wearing Nike stuff?

Clemson should design and make their own stuff IMO.

Nov 3, 2013, 8:26 PM

Especially since Clemson has both a college that focuses on design (architecture, arts & humanities) and textiles.

That's an impressive list...maybe they're on to something...***

Nov 3, 2013, 8:34 PM [ in reply to I'm not saying we need to get costumes each game ]

you're correct. Bama actually wore white helmets for a

Nov 3, 2013, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Re: we aren't Bama and we shouldn't pretend to be ]

couple of seasons in the '80's when Mike Shula was QBing them. They wore them on the road.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you're correct. Bama actually wore white helmets for a

Nov 3, 2013, 6:45 PM

I didnt remeber them that late but I know Bear had some. this is like the Namath Stable era. I've seen picts etc.

they did. Had a CO several years ago who played there

Nov 3, 2013, 6:49 PM

from like '82 to '86 as a TE and he had his in his office. I keep my uniform preferences to myself because of the "traditionalists" on this board who think that Clemson tradition started in the '70's with all of the orange and white. I personally think we should shove orange and purple down everyone's throat. I don't care if it's ugly or not. This ain't a fashion show. It's Clemson colors and screw who doesn't like it.

It's not ugly at all... Orange and purple are awesome combo***

Nov 3, 2013, 9:46 PM

GO TIGERS

here

Nov 3, 2013, 6:47 PM [ in reply to you're correct. Bama actually wore white helmets for a ]

But it's not like anyone wants to see a costume

Nov 3, 2013, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: we aren't Bama and we shouldn't pretend to be ]

Our purple jerseys are the same design as the orange ones just in a different color. I'm sure (especially with our traditional helmets) that anyone who recognize us in the Orange/White would still recognize us in the Purple.

GO TIGERS

the only time we have worn orange pants on the road was 89'

Nov 3, 2013, 6:39 PM

I think beat the coots 45 to 0....Bowden killed the mystic of the orange pants.

Re: the only time we have worn orange pants on the road was 89'

Nov 3, 2013, 6:40 PM

Wrong

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

When did we wear orange pants on the road prior to 89?

Nov 3, 2013, 7:30 PM

I don't recall wearing orange on the road prior to the game he mentioned. Not saying we did not, but I don't recall it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When did we wear orange pants on the road prior to 89?

Nov 3, 2013, 7:35 PM

We did not back to the mid 60s when I started attending games, but that's not what his post said.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: the only time we have worn orange pants on the road was 89'

Nov 3, 2013, 7:24 PM [ in reply to the only time we have worn orange pants on the road was 89' ]

Hatfield had the team wear the orange pants and white jerseys when we played UVA in his first road game. It was the first time we ever lost to UVA !!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach West's team wore orange pants in Columbia vs

#####.

^^^^i know we have worn orange pants on thw road many times

Nov 3, 2013, 6:40 PM

But that night it was special...purple pants suck too

Why do you keep saying that we are trying to be like Bama?

Nov 3, 2013, 6:47 PM

Since when is an all white road uniform exclusive to Alabama? All whites on the road is something a lot of football teams do. Clemson did this for many years until recently. Why is that a bad thing?

If you'll notice, Dabo using one road uniform the past couple of years has resulted in an outstanding road record. Perhaps it's no coincidence. I think players do better when they aren't caught up in which uniform they might wear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

because Dabo went to Bama

Nov 3, 2013, 6:48 PM

If Dabo went to Texas I would say he is trying to be like Texas

Re: because Dabo went to Bama

Nov 3, 2013, 6:52 PM

Maybe he's trying to be like Clemson. Orange pants traditionally were for special games only (maybe once a year), and then only if the coaches felt the team had earned the right through effort in practice and game prep.

i think what makes some people say that is the fact

Nov 3, 2013, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Why do you keep saying that we are trying to be like Bama? ]

that for years our white pants had either two purple stripes with an orange one the middle or vice versa. Now they just have two orange stripes which makes a very plain trouser look similar to Bama. I'm no uni fanatic other than the fact that i cannot stand the navy blue we used to wear and the fact that we are not orange and white, we are orange and purple, but i must admit, though i loved the older whites on the road, our current ones are bland and the trousers have a lot to do with that bland look which is Bamaish.

Let me say yet again for the record......

Nov 3, 2013, 6:56 PM

that Dabo has clearly stated on numerous occasions that our home uniform is orange on white and the road uniform is white on white. He believes in a team having a classic look and identity.

You need to ask him directly why he doesn't allow purple or allow orange on the road, etc.

county fel***

Nov 3, 2013, 6:57 PM

they need to put the Paws back on the #### shoulders

Nov 3, 2013, 7:04 PM

that, to me, is the most aggravating Clemson uni issue other than the stupid navy blue crap we used to have on our uniforms and gear that made us like about 20 other colleges in the nation.

Re: they need to put the Paws back on the #### shoulders

Nov 3, 2013, 8:24 PM

I think Clemson should market the stripe (as well as the paw) and make it black. (and lose the purple)

everyone has their own opinion but those are Clemson

colors and we happen to be the only school in the country with those colors so i couldn't disagree more. They should be celebrated.

Re: everyone has their own opinion but those are Clemson

Nov 3, 2013, 8:43 PM

I get that the purple combo is unique.

However, considering that Clemson's mascot actually has stripes, (and they are black) and our football team runs down a hill (a stripe) in a stadium called Death Valley... It seems to me that the black stripe makes more sense. (for a number of reasons)

I don't think it's trying to be like Bama

Nov 3, 2013, 7:07 PM

Because his first 3 1/2 years we mixed it up with orange pants, purple pants, purple jerseys, etc. Then I think getting destroyed in the Orange Bowl finally showed how the orange pants have lost their specialness. I'd love to see us break out orange or purple pants for big games, even the purple jersey every now and then, but it needs to be earned and something to add excitement. I also like winning, which we are doing in our business white pants

100 percent agree. You're talking 18-22 year olds here

Nov 3, 2013, 7:14 PM

not us grown folks. We're undefeated in the purple jersey, orange pants unis, by the way. It fires kids up, and if you don't think that, you haven't worked with kids in that age group. I train and lead that age group every single day and looking good in a uniform is a big deal to them, especially when they are around someone else who's not in that uniform. You need to execute, play hard, play the system, be disciplined, etc., i totally GET that. But if you don't think that kids in that age group get off on looking sharp you're out of touch. Personally, i think we need more purple accents on the whites, particularly. Funny how nobody complains about the baseball teams use of orange and purple but with the football team there is this "manhood" thing that comes out that is comical to me. Clemson is the only orange and purple school in the nation and we need to ram it in everyone's face, period.

Re: 100 percent agree. You're talking 18-22 year olds here

Nov 3, 2013, 7:19 PM

I don't get why people hate purple so much. Under the lights in Death Valley it looks sick!! And yeah, I know from my playing experiences new uniforms and stuff like that get's players pumped. I think Dabo breaks the orange pants or the purple gear back out eventually, but it needs to be earned. We had gotten to a point where one uni wasn't that better than another. If we can get back to the days when purple jerseys/pants or orange pants means "oh shoot, this is a big deal. Let's go!!" Then I'll be happy

i have the advantage of having an Uncle/Class of '55

Nov 3, 2013, 7:32 PM

who has been pissed off about the lack of purple my entire life. If you want to see an old Clemson man get riled up, get him started on the "purple is soft", "purple is Barney", "purple is feminine", etc.. He played IN PURPLE jerseys for Coach Howard for 4 years with orange trim. Tell him that we're orange and white and he'll say, "we ain't Tennessee", tell him we're orange and blue and he'll say, "you should have gone to Auburn, Syracuse, UVa", etc.. It irritates me to no end why our football fans/program doesn't celebrate the fact that we're the only program in the NATION that wears that color combo. The purple is ugly crew is comical to me because old Clemson folks love it. When i say old, i'm talking pre '70's when the purple started to go away. It is Clemson and only Clemson, period. My screen name was chosen for him because he introduced me to Tiger football in '77 when i was 9.

Re: orange pants on road

Nov 3, 2013, 7:35 PM

Could someone please explain to me what frapping difference it makes what color pants we wear. That is so far down the list of factors we should be worried about that I would put the choice of BBQ sauces for the tailgate ahead of it.

Coach Ford's teams played extra hard when they wore orange

Nov 3, 2013, 8:35 PM

pants.

I think Dabo wants his team to play consistenly good.

Nov 3, 2013, 8:31 PM

I don't think he wants his team to play real hard against a team like Miami and then play like a joke and lose the next week at a team like Duke.

(Bowden)

There should be no difference if we are playing UVA or USCjr. We should always play at a very high level.

I don't think Clemson has played at it's current consistency for many, many, years.

that's why I say randomly mix up the jerseys

Nov 3, 2013, 9:39 PM

not have certain ones only for certain games

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic