Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What in the world is going on with these Democratic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 78
| visibility 1

What in the world is going on with these Democratic

Mar 28, 2020, 9:57 PM

governors? This is like something you would see in a movie....

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/03/27/michigan-gov.-warns-doctors-pharmacists-who-prescribe-or-dispense-hydroxychloroquine-of-professional-consequences

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What in the world is going on with these Democratic

Mar 28, 2020, 10:04 PM

no doubt they are trying to kill their constituents to make the man in the whitehouse look bad, it is the only plausible explanation and the one I prefer to believe.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the loco far left and the delusional far right

Mar 28, 2020, 10:26 PM

(As exemplified on this board) are what is driving the country apart. People are so brainwashed by both sides of the media reality no longer exists.

Re: the loco far left and the delusional far right

Mar 28, 2020, 10:34 PM

without sports I fear this country may seek out its blood lust in other ways. Let's hope people don't start making sport of one another.(As exemplified on this board)

We are not that far off from the Hunger Games***

Mar 28, 2020, 10:56 PM

Re: We are not that far off from the Hunger Games***

Mar 28, 2020, 11:16 PM

we are at a cross roads politically, and i am not just talking about left vs right, but there are two Americas 50 years from now. I hope we pick the right one.

Re: We are not that far off from the Hunger Games***

Mar 29, 2020, 9:41 PM

We already picked the wrong America 50, 100, and 150 years ago. It's been a long, gradual, downhill slide.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Re: the loco far left and the delusional far right ]

Have you watched the movie The hunt?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 4:51 AM [ in reply to the loco far left and the delusional far right ]

I totally agree! The problem in the USA is this idiotic nonrealistic division. It is totally ridiculous.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to the loco far left and the delusional far right ]

Reality exists (by definition). We are just not paying any attention to it (at our great peril)

Mar 29, 2020, 9:39 PM [ in reply to the loco far left and the delusional far right ]

Nice try, but other than the Neo Cons it's been the Left since before Marx.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Both parties are full of s-h-I-t

Mar 30, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to the loco far left and the delusional far right ]

There is no real difference in what they do, or enact. The only noticeable difference is the presentation. It seems both parties end goal is division. It’s working

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

They were just recently found warehouses full in Puerto Rico

Mar 28, 2020, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the world is going on with these Democratic ]

of unused hurricane aid ,while they were claiming that it wasn't sent the whole time,and people died.

Just Thursday Cuomo was caught lying about warehouse full after crying on TV about DJT not supplying him.

The Idiot Mayor of New Orleans just yesterday blamed the prez for her not being smart enough to cancel MG> Former Mayor blamed W for Katrina,of who I am no fan of, but the former Mayor is the one in jail.

Now we have 3 Dem Govs banning use of a drug cocktail that works if started before needing a respirator.
It's what they do,proven fact

Re: They were just recently found warehouses full in Puerto Rico

Mar 28, 2020, 11:22 PM

MRTTMT, can you say stockpile for the surge ( ahead of curve not behind) or do you have any understanding of scientific protocol and efficacy before you ingest a chemical. Or maybe you just prefer a leadership style that waits to act and then changes direction daily and based on last random thought he had.

Mar 29, 2020, 12:04 AM

Do you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in France?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 29, 2020, 1:15 AM

Royale with cheese. But what’s you point?

Mar 29, 2020, 2:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 3:24 AM [ in reply to Re: They were just recently found warehouses full in Puerto Rico ]

Alas, I guess Big Brain wouldn’t be appropriate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 29, 2020, 9:17 AM [ in reply to They were just recently found warehouses full in Puerto Rico ]

MRTTNT

The plural of anecdote is NOT data.

I don't know why they are doing it, but if I or one of my

Mar 28, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the world is going on with these Democratic ]

loved ones catches this,and that drug is their best chance, I want them to get it.

They are just champions for science.

Mar 28, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the world is going on with these Democratic ]

Unless it applies to the definition of life or gender, of course. Then science doesn’t seem to matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 29, 2020, 5:01 AM [ in reply to Re: What in the world is going on with these Democratic ]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/vital-drug-people-lupus-coronavirus-covid-19-link-hydroxychloroquine

Mar 29, 2020, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: What in the world is going on with these Democratic ]

I'm glad to see you've finally come to your senses.

Mar 28, 2020, 10:09 PM

Nothing more than we have been talking about on here for a while.Trump Derangement Syndrome.I guess this is the tipping point where people’s lives don’t matter because of it.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Redstate...sounds like a neutral, non-partisan blog to me***

Mar 28, 2020, 10:10 PM

Found Juan***

Mar 28, 2020, 10:12 PM

Slowing down this rollout for Political gain is deadly

Mar 28, 2020, 10:10 PM

Dr Z, who has successfully treated over 600 patients with this drug(not 1 death), says if it goes on until you have to be hooked up to a respirator, your odds fall to 50/50 .That's BS. We have a cure that knocks this virus out if caught early enough,yet they all want to delay.

Whoa is this where you would use the Fake News

Mar 28, 2020, 10:22 PM

Narrative?

You know he made the 600 patients up, right?

Mar 28, 2020, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Slowing down this rollout for Political gain is deadly ]

Nobody could be that stupid.

Put up or shut up where is your evidence?***

Mar 29, 2020, 12:18 AM [ in reply to Slowing down this rollout for Political gain is deadly ]

Re: Slowing down this rollout for Political gain is deadly

Mar 29, 2020, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Slowing down this rollout for Political gain is deadly ]

MRTTNT,

Yes, it is all one big world-wide conspiracy and you are the only one smart enough to have figured it out - thanks.

As they say...Elections have consequences.

Mar 28, 2020, 10:30 PM

Kind of gives you an indication of which political party has no problem restricting your health care options. Welcome to a preview of socialized medicine...

Since the FDA cleared Hydroxychloroquine for off label use in the treatment of COVID-19, I don't really think any Governor prohibiting its use has much of a leg to stand on. I also think the "right to try" legislation may eventually kick them in the a$$ as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The government does everything so well, we should put them

Mar 28, 2020, 10:35 PM

in charge of everyone’s health care.

Re: The government does everything so well, we should put them

Mar 28, 2020, 10:44 PM

No thanks - I've seen/experienced Government run healthcare through the VA... I will not use the VA anymore even though I qualify for 100% VA treatment for all my healthcare. I happily pay out of pocket to go to doctors and clinics of my own choosing rather than subject myself to the VA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The government does everything so well, we should put them

Mar 29, 2020, 9:48 PM

You and me both. I've come to the conclusion they are nothing more than data collectors.

It's a more complicated story

Mar 28, 2020, 11:39 PM [ in reply to As they say...Elections have consequences. ]

The alt-right propaganda and that old queen Rudy really muddled it. Read the governor's letter. Her action was caused by reports of doctors prescribing the drugs to their friends and family with no medical need and no viral infection, which in turn led to hoarding and shortages so that the supply for lupus patients, among others, was at risk.

Re: It's a more complicated story

Mar 28, 2020, 11:46 PM

The alt-right propaganda and that old queen Rudy really muddled it. Read the governor's letter. Her action was caused by reports of doctors prescribing the drugs to their friends and family with no medical need and no viral infection, which in turn led to hoarding and shortages so that the supply for lupus patients, among others, was at risk.

So you ban the off label treatment all together? If Doctors are hoarding and abusing the system as claimed - then the answer is to go after those particular actions and not the cases of Doctors treating COVID-19 patients headed for a respirator.

What you are describing and this Governor has instituted is a "mass punishment" solution which is the worst kind of leadership because it doesn't distinguish good behavior from bad where everyone pays - even those who do the right thing.

See, you have to read the letter.

Mar 28, 2020, 11:56 PM

There is no ban. She threatened administrative action against doctors not prescribing properly. If the doctor feels hydroxychloroquine is an appropriate treatment, even off-label, for a sick patient, that's proper. If he prescribes it so his family and friends, who are not infected, will have a stash or use it as a prophylaxis, that is not proper.

Liar.

Mar 29, 2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:

“Prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine without further proof of efficacy for treating COVID-19 or with the intent to stockpile the drug may create a shortage...”

This doctor/governor has decided prescribing it for COVID-19 is not allowed until she is convinced with “further proof of efficacy” to her satisfaction.

It’s all right there in the Letter.

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Reminder_of_Appropriate_Prescribing_and_Dispensing_3-24-2020_684869_7.pdf

You need to work on reading comprension

Mar 29, 2020, 12:33 AM

There is no ban in the letter. The only order is

"Pursuant to Michigan Administrative Code, R 338.490(2), a pharmacist shall not fill a prescription if the pharmacist believes the prescription will be used for other than legitimate medical purposes or if the prescription could cause harm to a patient."

Maybe you just aren't smart enough to read a letter like that and understand it. I'm not going to judge.

Re: You need to work on reading comprension

Mar 29, 2020, 12:40 AM

Maybe you’re stupid or maybe just evil, but she’s already made clear that prescribing for COVID-19, without something more she wants to convince her, is not “legitimate.”

Comprehend better. I find it hard to believe you actually graduated from Clemson. Liberal Arts maybe?

I tried to resist the "smart enough" thing

Mar 29, 2020, 12:53 AM

I'm just reading more and more posts from people who sound like complete idiots. You got snookered by some propaganda and weren't (probably emotionally instead of intellectually) prepared.

When you read a letter like this, nothing really matters until they cite statute. Witmer has no power to tell doctors what legal drug they can and can't prescribe for a legitimate purpose, and every doctor, pharmacist and third-grader knows that. She also doesn't have the power to tell them they can't prescribe legal drugs for off-label uses, and every doctor, pharmacist, and third-grader knows that. The only thing she does have the power to do is enforce the statute she cited.

Re: I tried to resist the "smart enough" thing

Mar 29, 2020, 3:28 AM

Awww. I guess I nailed it.

The only thing you nailed was proving

Mar 29, 2020, 4:13 AM

how delusional you are. Good job...you get another gold star to put on your tin-foil hat.

Then, what exactly is the point of her letter?***

Mar 29, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to I tried to resist the "smart enough" thing ]

Re: Liar.

Mar 29, 2020, 4:59 AM [ in reply to Liar. ]

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/vital-drug-people-lupus-coronavirus-covid-19-link-hydroxychloroquine

Re: It's a more complicated story

Mar 29, 2020, 9:22 AM [ in reply to It's a more complicated story ]

Hey Archie,

Let's not let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy story.

Re: As they say...Elections have consequences.

Mar 29, 2020, 5:00 AM [ in reply to As they say...Elections have consequences. ]

Mar 29, 2020, 7:11 AM [ in reply to As they say...Elections have consequences. ]

Sounds like she is practicing medicine without a license.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:19 AM [ in reply to As they say...Elections have consequences. ]

I don't think either side is going to stop, or even attempt to stop , right to try, especially from deathbed , and I think a lot of doctors will offer right to try anyway with plenty of CYA informed consent signed by the patient. . .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2020, 10:39 PM

If I get this virus give me these two drugs the first day. They have been used safely and successfully for conditions other than COVID-19 for many years. The very worst outcome of using these drugs is that they would not work to reverse the symptoms of COVID-19. I'll take my chances with them instead of without.

Mar 29, 2020, 4:57 AM

Well, it is red state and and old Rudy

Mar 28, 2020, 11:18 PM

So, probably fake news. You have to go all the way back to the governor's letter to get the truth.

Re: Well, it is red state and and old Rudy

Mar 29, 2020, 12:22 AM

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/lara/Reminder_of_Appropriate_Prescribing_and_Dispensing_3-24-2020_684869_7.pdf

Read carefully, AOC.

I'm retiring in a few years.

Mar 29, 2020, 12:57 AM

I could teach you to comprehend this sort thing, but I would have to charge consulting rates.

Re: I'm retiring in a few years.

Mar 29, 2020, 7:37 AM

There is not enough money in the world.

Mar 29, 2020, 1:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Well, it is red state and and old Rudy ]

Perhaps *you* should read carefully. From the letter:

The very top line says clearly: "The Department... has received multiple allegations of physicians inappropriately prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to themselves, family, friends, and/or coworkers without a legitimate medical purpose."

This is specifically written to limit the medicines to people that actually need it. Not random family and friends and hoarders.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:44 AM

Of course ..... old Archie doesn't seem to comprehend that 1. All doctors are not prescribing it because they may not think it has merit, and 2. there are not enough family and friends of doctors to put a real dent in the supply .... unless of course the doctors are soliciting every person they have ever met and relatives down to their 5th cousin twice removed basking them if they want a prescription. Most doctors don't have time for that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 1:27 AM

This "article" is a half-baked pile of #### on a sandwich. Here is the letter in question:

The very top line says clearly: "The Department... has received multiple allegations of physicians inappropriately prescribing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine to themselves, family, friends, and/or coworkers without a legitimate medical purpose."

This isn't the governor trying to block effective treatment, she's trying to get ahead of ######## trying to hoard it.

MAGA morons will eat up anything that makes a democrat look bad, even in the face of a worldwide crisis.

Keep your ridiculous political BS off the Tiger football boards.

keep reading. I guess liberals can't read past the first

Mar 29, 2020, 6:12 AM

line.

"Again, these are drugs that have not been proven scientifically or medically to treat COVID-19.

Michigan pharmacists may see an increased volume of prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine and should take special care to evaluate the prescriptions’ legitimacy. Pursuant to Michigan Administrative Code, R 338.490(2), a pharmacist shall not fill a prescription if the pharmacist believes the prescription will be used for other than legitimate medical purposes or if the prescription could cause harm to a patient."

So the drug can not be prescribed for COVID-19 and a pharmacist must go against doctors orders if the pharmacist does not agree with the prescribtion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you remember when Obama ran for office, and then when in

Mar 29, 2020, 9:24 AM

office, and HE SAID SOMETHING STUPID,RACIST, or INFLAMMATORY....and all of the liberal media would do one of two things, IGNORE it, or worse, they would write,"What the President meant to say was......blah.blah,blah...". They do the same thing with President Trump, except they change whatever he says to mean the worst thing it possibly could mean.

Mar 29, 2020, 1:59 AM

Spud at this point in time and history who in the he// knows what’s going on with anyone.

I know Common Sense isn’t common but please if you have it, share it with a friend or neighbor.

Mar 29, 2020, 3:07 AM

Q+ ????

https://www.theqanons.com/2020/03/fall-cabal-parts-1-10-the-world-is-about-to-change/

The best is yet to come my toilet paper brothers & sisters......lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

??***

Mar 29, 2020, 6:45 PM

Mar 29, 2020, 4:46 AM

Nothing, It's only because yo are reading rightwing news.

Mar 29, 2020, 4:56 AM

I'm not a Democrat, but the reasoning behind the ban is that

Mar 29, 2020, 8:22 AM

doctors were ordering the drug for their friends, families and others without it being proven therapy (it's becoming a little more proven now). The rub, is that the drug is also used by patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus, who were suddenly unable to get the drug that was making their conditions tolerable.

That's why the band, until there was more product in the supply chain and they could control the flow a little better.

No one is trying to kill anyone, that's stupid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a Democrat, but the reasoning behind the ban is that

Mar 29, 2020, 8:45 AM

Finally a couple of you on here that read and understand the decision. I am really shocked at some like tabby and swimmer that have had some intelligence posts concerning the virus.

Everyone needs to get their facts straight. I see so much posts on here [both sides] that astounds me. A little research may help a
Or you wouldn't post the original as something bad...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not a Democrat, but the reasoning behind the ban is that

Mar 29, 2020, 9:53 AM

I don't totally disagree with you, but there are some things that just do not add up. All doctors do not think think it is effective (or should be given) for every patient. That is why every doctor should discuss this medication with their patient before prescribing. I find it hard to believe that a shortage is being caused by doctors who have friends and relatives that he has not discussed this medication with and knows their medical history well enough just to write a prescription. If so, they should not be practicing medicine.

Yes, there are probably a few, but giving prescriptions to "relatives and friends" is not and would not cause a shortage. I am not saying there may be a shortage, but it is not because of that. There are also alternative medications for lupus and many states and pharmacies are making sure that people on these meds will still be able to get them. Threatening doctors is not the way to do it.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:01 AM

You just have to remember that the DumocRATS have never been accused of being smart! Lies, vulgarity, anger and bigotry are in their DNA! And chloroquine will NOT cure it!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 9:16 AM

This has nothing to do with the subject, but I’ve wondered if “Miura” is a reference to the Japanese golf club company. They produce superb high-end equipment, some of which I’ve used. Just curious.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:06 AM

A friend lives in Michigan. Her campaign slogan was "Fix the D Roads!. They are still waiting to get the roads fixed.

I LMAO at the morons on this board who...

Mar 29, 2020, 9:29 AM

...continue to post drivel and nonsense about hydrocloroquine and how dangerous it might be if used. Some of y'all must be terrified of your own shadow yet you plan on voting for Biden, a man who needs to be watched carefully so that his dementia doesn't interfere with remembering that a plastic bag is not a toy.

Is it not odd that the CDC recommends taking hydroxycloroquine as a prophylactic one week before going to places in Africa where malaria is prevalent? This "dangerous" drug is safe for children and pregnant women and nursing mothers. If it was so dangerous, why not tell people to stay the h3ll home and not go on a safari.

https://www.cdc.gov/malaria/resources/pdf/fsp/drugs/hydroxychloroquine.pdf

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I LMAO at the morons on this board who...

Mar 29, 2020, 9:44 AM

Trump said it may or may not work.Had he not spoken on the drug,the governor would not have weighed in on it nor would we be having this conversation.As Charles Kuralt used to say,”and that’s the way it is”.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:37 AM

Spud, that is absolutely disgusting. Yep, another one of those idiotic, a***ole Democrats. I have seen this country rot from within mainly because of them. Guess what ! I have a supply of that ! Now, Spud, I assume you are well but be careful. I hate to say this about my home and your old stomping ground but you don’t want to be sick around here. Health Care AIINT TOO GOOD. You would have to go to Chester.??

yeah but if heathcare was free

Mar 29, 2020, 9:58 AM

the hospitals wouldn't have the shortages they do now...and we wouldn't all be dying

Planet Earth's first political pandemic.

Mar 29, 2020, 1:10 PM

Clearly it has not gotten bad enough yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 3:20 PM

There has been a ton of media coverage about the problems since Trump's statement. People who need the drug can't get it. And for many patients, one you stop it, it does no good to restart it. And there's a new research paper on the way that is in the process of peer review, but its conclusion is ineffective against COVID.

Stop using biased right wing garbage news sources and you'd know this.

Mar 29, 2020, 10:00 PM

Sounds like a thorough and objective study. Thanks.

Replies: 78
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic