Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In Berlín, Germany over the holidays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

In Berlín, Germany over the holidays

Nov 21, 2019, 9:34 PM

Obviously excited to explore Germany, but the only downfall is missing rivalry week in CFB.
Anyone have any tips on the best way to stream the game?
Anyone have any experience with ESPN player? Or should I look at doing a VPN (most offer a weeks trial for free)

Any tips?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Berlín, Germany over the holidays

Nov 21, 2019, 9:37 PM

Who is your TV provider in the US? Do you have ESPN as a part of that subscription? If so at worst you should be able to sign into the ESPN app and watch using the sign in credentials you use to sign into your tv carrier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's correct, but i'm pretty sure you'll need a VPN

Nov 21, 2019, 9:42 PM

in order to make that happen

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, you'll need a VPN or at least I couldn't watch without

Nov 22, 2019, 7:34 AM

the VPN from Greece. With the VPN, YouTube TV would work but it uses so much bandwidth it would start buffering and become unwatchable so I used watchESPN exclusively when watching our Tigers. It froze maybe once or twice during a game but not for long. It will also depend on how good your internet is. Good luck!

Germans . . .***

Nov 21, 2019, 9:40 PM

Re: Germans . . .***

Nov 21, 2019, 9:44 PM

Literally! Ha!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 9:44 PM

What the heck? You’re on a once in a lifetime trip to Germany at Christmas time and you’re going to waste this opportunity watching football on your iPhone or some such other type device? Get out and enjoy Germany and have someone back home tape the games for you. Some of you morons take this Clemson football stuff too far. You’ve got the rest of your life to go to Clemson games. You may never get another chance to explore Germany.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you just staying just in Berlin

Nov 21, 2019, 9:48 PM

Hope you plan on taking in a few other places in Germany while you are there...I could offer some suggestions

Nov 21, 2019, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: In Berlín, Germany over the holidays ]

Haha i travel international twice a year for pleasure . Germany is going to be a boring trip compared to some trips I’ve taken in the past :)
I haven’t heard great things about Berlin anyway. More excited about Munich and Cologne.
But right around kickoff it will be dinner time so I figure I’ll head to a pub with WiFi, have a few beers and brats.. by the time i finish my second brat and get the check, I figure it would be out of hand anyway

Nov 21, 2019, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: In Berlín, Germany over the holidays ]

Country is overran by immigrants and is losing its identity by the day. Would rather watch Clemson football all day every day

Nov 22, 2019, 6:19 AM

Dude, xenophobe much? As a current resident, I’ll just call BS on this whole line of thought. Germany is still VERY German. Not sure where this comes from because people ask me all the time about how “dangerous” it is Europe because of immigrants when I’m back in the States to visit. It’s not a real issue for most people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 9:48 PM

Home to some of the best ales in the world ! Enjoy!

Here's some time travel for you. Less than

Nov 22, 2019, 5:18 AM

seven months after my Clemson graduation in 1969, I flew to Germany for my first Army duty assignment in Mainz. Ordered a new Triumph from Great Britain and drove the tires off of it on trips.

One of my favorite was the Munich area and southward into the Bavarian Alps. Also, toured the Dachau Concentration Camp outside of Munich.

Then and on subsequent vacations, I have always been amazed with the cleanliness and beauty of that area, as well as the friendliness of the German people. Have fun and enjoy the scenery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 5:44 AM

I sent you a T-mail with a link to use.

Good luck

Dahlem Dorf, a western suburb, has

Nov 22, 2019, 6:12 AM

Numerous sports bars and enough American history / influence that you should be able find a nice place to eat dinner and watch the game at the same time in Dahlem. Easy transport from downtown Berlin. Couple the visit there with seeing the Glenicke Bruecke (spy bridge) and Sansouci, Frederick the Greats summer palace.

I was a DAAD fellow in Berlin In 1989 when the wall came down and was at the Frei Univesitaet Berlin for a while.

One thing is for sure. In the rest of Berlin, every other establishment will have their television sets tuned to any soccer match, even if it is just for reruns of the Junior Polish national team versus Junior Latvia. College football does not draw a lot of water there.

Alternatively, just pay for the ESPN app and you can watch the game for less than the transport to Dahlem. Or just wait for a few hours after the game and the full game will be on YouTube for free. Will be about 10 PM your time when someone posts the game or the condensed game.

Enjoy and do not miss the Permagon museum

Nov 22, 2019, 6:24 AM

VPN & cable provideder login should suffice.

Swing by the Christmas Market at Gendarmenmarkt. It’s quite beautiful and has lots of tasty treats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 7:52 AM

Be SURE to visit the Stasi prison/museum in Berlin - unforgettable.

Nov 22, 2019, 8:00 AM

Germans apparently don't waste time watching TV. When we were in Munich at Christmas a couple of years ago, there were only three channels on the TV, and all three were in German.

However, we did see one thing we've never seen in the U.S. before. We were invited one evening for dinner at the home of some German friends, and when we arrived they lit live candles on their Christmas tree. I suspect very few many Americans have personally experienced that before.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic