Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Outside of the candidates, Chris Wallace was just awful.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 872

Outside of the candidates, Chris Wallace was just awful.

Sep 30, 2020, 8:41 AM

He announced the format, which included two minutes each for each question. He then talked all over the 2 minutes he gave each candidate.

Instead of asking the basic questions, he loaded the questions on the front each time with examples.

He had questions outside of the announced topics.

He treated a debate like Fox Sunday Morning, which is a gotcha' format.

The format was set up for chaos which he was unable to handle.

I was very disappointed in him and I have always had respect for Wallace despite he disdain he has shown for Trump over the last decade.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

All he did was try and get the two dudes to stop talking

Sep 30, 2020, 8:43 AM

over each other.

I think you're mad that he had to talk to Trump like a child in order to get him to shut up and ultimately let the debate finish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyone in the country could've moderated that

Sep 30, 2020, 8:51 AM

"debate"

both candidates made it pretty awful to watch from a debate standpoint......entertaining? maybe, but here's the deal...........NOBODY is "on the fence" when it comes to voting for Trump or Biden..........if they say they are then I'd question whether or not they're being honest. These "debates" aren't changing ANYBODY's minds regardless of which side of the fence you're on. Now, if I am wrong and somebody on this board IS ON THE FENCE, please explain how.

I agree about not many being on the fence whuch is why I did

Sep 30, 2020, 8:58 AM

not bother with my opinion of the actual debate.

I think the chaos was created in part by Chris Wallace and his interview expectations. Particuarly in the way he set up questions with front loaded examples and stories.

Wallace also showed aggression himself with the way he insisted that topics could not be related and that the question he posed had to be the focus of the moment(once again much like his morning show).

He would have been better off to just cross his arms, walk to the back of the room and wait it out..with an "Are you finished?" if there was a pause.

I was very aware that Chris Wallace wanted to insert his own opinion inot the debates..on both sides.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Both candidates' teams agreed to the format

Sep 30, 2020, 9:00 AM

then Trump completely ignored the format

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Yeah - I'm on the fence.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:02 AM [ in reply to I don't think anyone in the country could've moderated that ]

I'm a slight conservative lean. I've voted Democrat 3 times, Republican 3 over the last 6 elections.

I really dislike Trump - but I do fear a too liberal lean if he loses the election. So...I haven't decided who I'll vote for yet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks for your thoughts....I respect that regardless of....

Sep 30, 2020, 9:04 AM

which way you decide. I hate that the "debate" probably didn't help your decision much. ha

I do wonder if there are any people who are slight liberal

Sep 30, 2020, 9:17 AM

leans who are considering voting for Trump because of something on the liberal side of the fence that they just can't tolerate.

I kind of doubt it...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whole Tim Pool led movement is basically just that.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:29 AM

He's a liberal who now believes true, traditional liberals are now more Republican ideals than Democrat. I believe that is also why many in the gay community have started registering more Republican.

The #Walkaway campaign is led by a homosexual and has a large percentage of gays.

Did not know that - thanks.***

Sep 30, 2020, 9:37 AM

Re: Yeah - I'm on the fence.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Yeah - I'm on the fence. ]

Its only for 4 years.

Here in SC, doesn’t matter who I vote for...

Sep 30, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Yeah - I'm on the fence. ]

But I generally vote in a manner which supports one party in the WH and the other in control of congress (at least the Senate). Trump has made me rethink that strategy...just can’t stand the thought of a guy like that winning. If things swing left, I just hope not too far left. If ACB is confirmed then I won’t fear that swing as much and may go ‘all in’ for the dems this time. Like you, I’ve split in presidential elections over the years...I’m 4 and 4.

So you have no concerns that the Dems will pack the Supreme

Sep 30, 2020, 9:33 AM

Court if ACB is confirmed?

Not an ideal scenario, but at this point

Sep 30, 2020, 7:52 PM

a risk I’m going to have to have to take...again, won’t matter here in SC anyway, but I would absolutely do the same if I were in a battleground state.

If they attempt to pack the court

Sep 30, 2020, 8:04 PM

So that's what he meant by "stand by"***

Sep 30, 2020, 8:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

He's an idiot. Haven't been able to stand him for years.

Sep 30, 2020, 8:55 AM

Only there because of his diddy. He's trash and the main reason I didn't watch last night. I'm just glad everyone else now sees it. He doesn't know what's going on in the world, except in his little closet. Just awful. I could write a Tiggity/quozzel post about him, but I will save your eyes.

Get me fired up, jack

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: He's an idiot. Haven't been able to stand him for years.

Sep 30, 2020, 9:36 AM

I could write a Tiggity/quozzel post about him, but I will save your eyes.

I'd put down some good money that you can't write a five-paragraph argumentative essay with a thesis statement.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I have always like Chris okay...

Sep 30, 2020, 10:12 AM

I just think he tries too hard to be the "no-nonsense reporter." I describe it as a little man syndrome trying to live up to his dad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have always like Chris okay...

Sep 30, 2020, 9:39 PM

I agree with that because his dad was bigger than life. Chris is a left lean but is fair most of the time.

Replies: 19
| visibility 872
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic