Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's a miracle!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 686

It's a miracle!

Feb 21, 2021, 1:30 PM

lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2020 life expectancy in US decreased about a year. LOL***

Feb 21, 2021, 5:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, maybe we should wear masks forever

Feb 21, 2021, 5:55 PM

EO #156

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang, maybe we should wear masks forever

Feb 21, 2021, 6:08 PM

Well, maybe YOU should.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 21, 2021, 6:12 PM

Feb 22, 2021, 9:34 AM

T3

I think the term "bunkered down" is quite misleading in terms of describing my life over the past year. And I think it is a deliberate thing with some reactionaries. They seem to want to draw this dramatic contrast between their "freedom" and responsible pandemic behavior - whereas the actual gap is very small.

My life has been relatively unchanged. Other than not sitting down inside restaurants and bars ( I prefer to dine outdoors anyway), wearing a suitable mask and conscientiously social distancing are the only sacrifices that I have been asked to make - oh yeah, and not being able to visit in person with my extended family. So my American freedom has not been nearly as impinged upon as some of y'all would like to make out.

The football thing was a pleasant surprise. The reduced attendance seems to have been well done. I feel sure that it still led to SOME increase in the spread of Covid, but not nearly as bad as I had feared. Good for us all.

As far as moving forward, I continue to point out that our numbers, though declining, are still higher than they were for the whole first 8 months of the pandemic. The numbers seem to indicate that kids are less susceptible to Covid, so I recognize that going back to school might be indicated. However, teachers should be vaccinated first. And I am still a little concerned about carrying the virus back home to susceptible adults.

In the fall, the numbers (and the experts) should still be considered to indicate which is the safe way forward. Despite some opinions to the contrary, football is not as important as education. So having restrictions on games is not as big a concern as school itself.

T3 - Some people seem to want to make these Covid considerations overly dramatic and emotional. I do not think these things lead to solid, rational decision-making. I avoid them whenever possible.

thank you orange man***

Feb 21, 2021, 7:33 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Replies: 6
| visibility 686
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic