Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
tanner's letter to season tix holders
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,870

tanner's letter to season tix holders

Aug 10, 2020, 4:47 PM

I hope you and your families are staying safe during these unprecedented times. The COVID-19 pandemic has created many challenges throughout our community, and it is certainly taking its toll on our mission to provide a championship-level experience for our more than 500 student-athletes. We have taken a number of internal measures to help offset our anticipated financial shortfalls, but that alone will not be enough.

The financial implications of this pandemic to our department are serious. Projected revenue losses of ticket sales and donations alone could total over $50,000,000 without making considerations for potential losses in sponsorships, licensing agreements, and TV money. To date, the Athletics Department has cut all budgets by 15%, furloughed senior level employees, implemented hiring freezes, and cut pay to several top coaches, including myself. To emerge from this pandemic stronger than ever we must again rely on those who have given us so much over the years, our Gamecock family.

We understand that economic times are tough for many across our state and country, but, if you are able to donate any portion of your season ticket payment and/or your Gamecock Club Membership, we hope that you will consider participating in our “Reinvest for Success” campaign. This campaign is aimed at encouraging Gamecock Club members to donate their refund through a heavily incentivized benefit program.

Season ticket holders are asked to make a decision by August 20th regarding their interest to opt out of purchasing tickets to football games. This will allow the department to execute your selected option and forecast potential demand for attendance with limited seating capacity. Information on how to opt out is located at the bottom of this email.

Options for football season ticket refunds include a full refund for ticket charges for the 2020 season or a rollover of those charges to tickets purchased for the 2021 season, as well as turning refundable monies into a tax-deductible gift. Donors willing to donate back football season ticket-related monies will have the opportunity to enjoy a series of once-in-a-lifetime experiences such as an invitation to a special dining experience on the field at Williams-Brice Stadium.

Any donor who does not select seats for the 2020 football season or opt into a reinvestment or refund plan will have until December 31, 2020, to notify the department of their intentions. In the absence of any communication from the donor, ticket-related football funds will be credited towards 2021 football items, while 2020 Gamecock Club funds will be retained as a donation.

Those opting out of purchasing tickets for the 2020 football season are also eligible for a full or partial refund of their Gamecock Club dues, but can choose from the following "Reinvest" options to donate their membership contributions:

Forever Loyal: Leaves the entire 2020 donation with the Gamecock Club in exchange for quadruple the number of priority points allotted for that donation and a one-level increase in Gamecock Club seat selections for the 2021-22 seasons. This option gives donors the right to keep/purchase all other season tickets (men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball) for the 2020-21 athletics season.

Loyalty Discount: Leaves the entire 2020 donation with the Gamecock Club in exchange for a 20 percent credit applied to 2021 Gamecock Club renewal dues and triple the number of priority points allotted for donation. This option gives donors the right to keep/purchase all other season tickets (men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball) for the 2020-21 athletics season.

Donor’s Choice: Donors have the option to choose the amount that they would like to donate. Ability to retain men’s basketball, women’s basketball and baseball tickets with Donor’s Choice plan requires 10% of membership, per sport, paid toward 2020 Gamecock Club membership. Remaining membership donation can be applied towards 2021 Gamecock Club renewal dues or as a refund.

Roll Over: Applies entire 2020 Gamecock Club donation to 2021 Gamecock Club renewal and a 1.5X bonus of priority points allotted for entire roll over amount.
We are asking all Gamecock Club Members to indicate which option they would prefer by clicking the link below and filling out the survey located at the bottom of the website.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tanner's letter to season tix holders

Aug 10, 2020, 5:48 PM

Very well written and I expect this week to receive something similar from IPTAY. I, for one, am not interested in receiving any refund of my money given to IPTAY for this season and my monthly drafts are continuing for next season. The option to roll over tickets to next year would be very attractive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tanner's letter to season tix holders

Aug 10, 2020, 5:57 PM

I think everyone will make what's right for them, i for one will not ask for refund on the iptay money i donated, but i will ask for refunds on my 4 season tickets because there is no guarantee that this covid crap will cease, anytime soon. it hasn't and time will tell. so for me, ill take my chances on my refunds for the tickets and BTW i have over 900 tied up with acc championship tickets and i sure wont let them keep that..
but still hopeful football will be played but doesn't look promising

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,870
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic