Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, it's Friday afternoon and I'm winding down another
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,580

Well, it's Friday afternoon and I'm winding down another

Nov 20, 2020, 2:36 PM

week at work. Should be heading home in just over an hour. I have my ORANGE on and listening to an assortment of classic rock. You know, the late 70's and all. Enjoy your weekend and go Tigers!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already had my 40 hours in . . .

Nov 20, 2020, 3:29 PM

and my retirement gig doesn’t “Cotton” to overtime this late in the season . . . Grocery shopping done and a huge pot of spaghetti sauce (my bride’s desire) is simmering . . . Wearing Orange of course, even saw a couple of Tiger fans buying groceries getting ready for Turkey Day and Tiger Football!!!

Have a Great Weekend MfO and I trust MfOjr is full of spunk and ready to pull our boys through tomorrow!!!

Love you Brother!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What time is dinner? Sounds like a wonderful day taking

Nov 20, 2020, 3:35 PM

care and cooking for they special young lady. MfOjr. is ready for tomorrow. We're going to throw the football tonight and grill a little something.

Enjoy your weekend Skeeta and hopefully we can get a round of golf in soon.

Take care and stay safe friend!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts exactly. Isn't he in Lumberton? That is only about 5 hours from

Nov 20, 2020, 6:44 PM

POWDERSVILLE. I could bring a vinegar pie or two....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So we’ve got spaghetti eaters in the house?!!!

Nov 20, 2020, 6:57 PM

There’s enough to feed the multitude . . . Even made a “baked spaghetti “ casserole for my youngest (his favorite).

Spud -
I saved your vinegar pie recipe when you shared it . . . Haven’t made one yet . . . Tomorrow might be my first attempt! Will let you know how I fare with the attempt!!!

The German blood in me loves all things vinegar!!! It goes in our potato salad and even our coleslaw!!!
Yeah, we’re weird.

Enjoy tonight guys and gals!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we’ve got spaghetti eaters in the house?!!!

Nov 20, 2020, 7:05 PM

I’m halfway to NC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 7:09 PM [ in reply to So we’ve got spaghetti eaters in the house?!!! ]

I am the same way. I get a little carried away sometimes (my family says) when I cook with Vinegar!!! Hilarious!

I put it on everything like vegetables, greens, cabbage!!!! I’m probably a bigger than any!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to So we’ve got spaghetti eaters in the house?!!! ]

My grandmother used to make German potato salad and I never got the recipe. I would love your recipe if you are willing to share.

ta - the German Potato Salad I grew up with

Nov 20, 2020, 11:02 PM

was always served warm . . . Here’s how I make it (I measure nothing so I’ll guess to give you a start)

Always used red potatoes, scrubbed and with the skins left on . . . 3-5#s, depending on how many you need to serve

The potatoes are started in cold water, the water is generously salted, brought to a boil then simmered until tender.

Drain the potatoes and let them rest in the dry pot as you prepare everything else.

Next fry a 12oz pack of thick sliced bacon, reserving the bacon grease . . . Yeah, I know, unhealthy and all . . . But that’s how our grandparents cooked!

In the dripping while it is warm but not hot (I use a cast iron skillet, I add the next ingredients while it’s off the eye) add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar, a couple tablespoons of sugar, a tablespoon of yellow or brown mustard (your choice, have used both) . . . Once these are hot and blended well add 2-3 cloves of minced garlic, cooking the mixture for only a minute.

Then in the pot that the potatoes were boiled in, I now carefully half or quarter the small red potatoes, then add the sauce you’ve created and crumpled bacon . . . Fold it in carefully, trying not to break the potatoes up too much

Salt and pepper to taste, garnish with chopped parsley if you have it

Remember to serve it warm!!!

tigeranne - I also use yellow mustard and a splash of apple cider vinegar in my cold “American” potato salad!!!
Hope this is close to your grandmothers . . . Enjoy!!!

My thoughts exactly. Isn't he in Lumberton? That is only about 5 hours from

Nov 20, 2020, 6:44 PM [ in reply to What time is dinner? Sounds like a wonderful day taking ]

POWDERSVILLE. I could bring a vinegar pie or two....

Re: Well, it's Friday afternoon and I'm winding down another

Nov 20, 2020, 3:55 PM

Hey MfO! I always look forward to your Friday playlist. Got my orange on and listening to Tom Petty!

Let's go Tigers!

so you're Free Falling into the weekend?***

Nov 20, 2020, 3:56 PM

Re: so you're Free Falling into the weekend?***

Nov 20, 2020, 4:04 PM

Playing the Tigers' theme song for tomorrow................ I Won't Back Down! :)

Re: so you're Free Falling into the weekend?***

Nov 20, 2020, 9:55 PM

OK guys....watch till the end. Never knew he was this gifted.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,580
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic