Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so Mrs No wants her iTunes library on her new Galaxy S9,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

so Mrs No wants her iTunes library on her new Galaxy S9,

Jan 2, 2020, 4:40 PM

in addition to streaming. I have iphone, so no experience here. Which is better for this, Amazon music or Google music. I'm assuming both have an option to play tunes that you own that are stored on your phone. I understand owning songs and not streaming is a dinasaur thing, but sometimes it's still nice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Google Play always seemed to work better on

Jan 2, 2020, 4:44 PM

the bluetooth with the car.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Few things. iTunes is propriatary

Jan 2, 2020, 4:47 PM

So can't play on other music apps.

Unless you can convert somehow to mp3.

I have Google music since it comes with YouTube original movies/tv

If you have Alexa, then maybe amazon?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can play your ITunes library on Echo devices

Jan 2, 2020, 4:50 PM

so maybe it will play on an android phone with Alexa installed?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe via some apple app on echo?

Jan 2, 2020, 4:59 PM

Apple is deprecating iTunes anyway. I think it's a way to push everyone to Streaming

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can convert Apple music files to MP3 within

Jan 3, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Few things. iTunes is propriatary ]

iTunes...at one point years ago I was converting all of my iTunes purchased music to MP3 but since I've been using Spotify premium for years now I stopped worrying about all of that

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect she'd be transferring her library to some

Jan 2, 2020, 5:56 PM

compatible format. It looks like this can be done with Google play, but they talk more about your current library moving to the cloud rather than it still residing on your phone. I read something about you marking songs you want physically on your phone, but I don't know the details.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I expect she'd be transferring her library to some

Jan 2, 2020, 6:28 PM

There is no way itunes is going to let you move songs from your library to another service.
All you purchased from itunes was the right to play the songs as long as itunes owns the rights to them.
You will need to install an itunes app on the phone and then see if it has an option to "listen offline" if you want to store them on the phone, but it will still be the proprietary itunes format.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I resist storing music ...

Jan 2, 2020, 6:33 PM [ in reply to I expect she'd be transferring her library to some ]

On my phone cuz storage eaters. I like Amazon Music cuz Prime member. I have a library there. I only listen to on fire tablet. Just plug in ear buds.

in other news....Usuc now serving beer and wine at sporting events.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need it***

Jan 3, 2020, 11:32 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of masochist switches his wife’s phone OS?

Jan 2, 2020, 6:31 PM

Do you have any clue what a world of endless pain you’re in for?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wut?

Jan 2, 2020, 7:28 PM

I'm transferring some song files from iTunes on a PC to some format that is compatible with the Android world on her Samsung Galaxy S9. She does not have a large library, just a few gig. She has,n't migrated from an old iPod she mostly uses when working out, but would like to listen to/add to/blue tooth in her car, etc. I think it's doable, just trying to finger out which Android-friendly software is best.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic