Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
so I watched the 3 part Qanon series on Vice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 101

so I watched the 3 part Qanon series on Vice

Mar 1, 2021, 8:51 AM

yeah, yeah, Vice is a liberal rag tv channel, I get it, but the interviewers seemed fair

they tried to determine theories behind it, figure out who is Q, and give a detailed description of this cult (yeah, I said cult)

it could have started as a joke and it took off, now it may be real in the fact that whoever is behind it is building their base which may be 10% of the US population, also it is popular around the world and also the other side of aisle and with anti-vaxers, basically anybody who is wary of the gov't or the deep state and are looking for answers

also a theory that it is a psy-op and Gen Flynn is somewhat behind it now

I get it that people are mad and want a reason for it, some of it sounds plausible, but you lose me when you talk about aliens and baby eaters, that must of been the early joke part

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

lol ... Vice ... you serious Clark?***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

give us some insights from SNL while you’re at it***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe we should see what the daily show has to say?***

Mar 1, 2021, 5:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you watch it? Also....

Mar 1, 2021, 9:12 AM [ in reply to lol ... Vice ... you serious Clark?*** ]

is there any coverage of Q that would deem as "fair" that we can analyze?

It seems like dismissing a documentary because of the network it aired on is pretty close-minded.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you watch it? Also....

Mar 1, 2021, 9:18 AM

Shoot the messenger - ignore the message.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially with the "network media bias" often claimed...

Mar 1, 2021, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Did you watch it? Also.... ]

Who puts it out there is a minor consideration. How factual is the major consideration. As to this, I haven't seen it yet...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Qanon is the strawman really.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Did you watch it? Also.... ]

For liberals anyway. It was born from a problem we know is there, but can't prove. Same as global warming, or Antifa.

Any documentaries on ANTIFA that are not from a far right website? Heck, are there any?

Humm......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What problem do we know is there and can't prove?....

Mar 1, 2021, 10:47 AM

seriously...what are you talking about?

Lots.

Mar 1, 2021, 10:57 AM

You can't prove global warming is manmade. You can't prove there's a deep state conspiracy. You can't prove there's a liberal pedophile ring ruling the world. You can't prove there's a Santa Claus.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait...are you saying all of the things you listed really...

Mar 1, 2021, 11:02 AM

do exist?

Um...

Mar 1, 2021, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Lots. ]

Not really.

Mar 1, 2021, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Qanon is the strawman really. ]

QAnon pushes dangerous theories that are embraced by thousands--maybe millions. It's resulted in dangerous leaders getting voted in, like Marjorie Green Taylor. It led to the Capitol raid.

There's nothing strawman or conservative about it. It's a legitimate problem.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

No more or less legitimate than antifa***

Mar 1, 2021, 11:16 AM

Antifa seems more like just a bunch of randos

Mar 1, 2021, 12:50 PM

People who think they're part of a movement but it's not really organized. No politicians are getting into Congress on the Antifa ticket.

Q wants civil war, a dictatorship, and executions. They were willing to try to put it into action.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Vice has changed a lot over the years

Mar 1, 2021, 9:16 AM [ in reply to lol ... Vice ... you serious Clark?*** ]

Too politically biased now for my taste, but they still put some good journalism out from time to time. Check out their videos on traveling to North Korea.

Fun fact (you guys probably know this already, but just in case): the guy who founded the Proud Boys was also a co-founder of Vice.

Re: lol ... Vice ... you serious Clark?***

Mar 2, 2021, 3:55 AM [ in reply to lol ... Vice ... you serious Clark?*** ]

Vice is about as legit as it gets. Yeah he is serious, Clark.

Re: so I watched the 3 part Qanon series on Vice

Mar 1, 2021, 9:11 AM

You see why my sig pic is what it is right now. This thing is no joke. This thing's getting out of control and I just do not get it.

I mean, I thought this thing would go away, like, back in 2015, and it just seemed impossibly stupid even then. I remember hearing about it then, this idea the Dems had this pedo ring in the basement of Comet Ping Pong Pizza there in DC, was kind of like a Mellow Mushroom. That rumor knocked around on the Dumbnetz on Reddit and 4Chan for awhile like one of Sportsuites stupid overblown Dabo & NewSpring rumors, and you'd see folks just sort of adding their own verse to it and it was just sort of getting its own sort of urban legend thing going as it went. Then this idiot ex-Marine from North Carolina decided he was going to do something about it, so he went up to DC with his AR-15 and decided he was going to get to the bottom of things. Held the place hostage for hours, started kicking in doors, demanded to be let into the basement, wanted to know where they were holding the kids.

Of course, after hours of turning the place inside out and scaring everyone to death, he was reluctantly forced to conclude that Comet Ping-Pong Pizza in fact had...no basement. As he was being led away in cuffs he conceded "I may have gotten some bad intelligence."

You think?

I kind of thought that would have been the end of QAnon, but of course not. Like all poisonous stupid rumors, the @#$% thing only multiplied exponentially from there. Facts just do not matter in the face of persistent stupid.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2016/12/04/d-c-police-respond-to-report-of-a-man-with-a-gun-at-comet-ping-pong-restaurant/

Sometimes I like to take a step back and look at the big

Mar 1, 2021, 9:33 AM

picture. Sometimes the trees make no sense until you see the forest.

Politicians lie. Always have. ALways will. We have always known this too, but we also have always been sheltered from the EVIDENCE of it. People have a natural yearning to trust other people, especially when they tell them something good, or what they want or like to hear. You want to make that be the truth because that's what you like and serves your interest. You want Trump to be honest, a good leader, a fighter, because what he says makes you feel good. It's what you believe, and like, and want to hear.

Same for dems. You want to hear an explanation for inequality, poverty, hunger, etc. You want to hear a scapegoat for your woes. You want to be told you'll be cared and provided for and that your problem is the result of someone else. And here's what we are doing and are going to do about it.

And for decades, and throughout human history, leaders have always used these techniques to gain and retain power and control. Mitigate the bad news, promote the good news, tell people what they want to hear, and they in turn will be obedient and allegiant. And that can, under dictators, tyrants, kings, or in democracies, that CAN lead to a better country than you would otherwise have.

But the internet has changed that. It is all exposed and laid bare these days. And all the political tools to make people feel good, and telling them what they want to hear, doesn't work when they see you doing something different. It is bipartisan really. We know dems lie and decieve. We know pubs do it too. And in the end we're in an existential crisis, both politically and socially. It is all laid out there and we're trying to digest it. So conspiracies like manmade global warming, climate change, fossil fuels, globalism, elites running everything, liberal pedophile rings, the "deep state", and whatever else, they are means to make sense of a reality that people are not willing to come to terms with based on what they actually see.

Because what people actually SEE, is that we have no one to blame but ourselves for believing what sounds good over what we know is the truth. I don't care if you're a democrat or a republican, this is bipartisan. We don't like what we see with covid, we immediately retreat to our political ideology of choice. We don't like our national debt, fine, we retreat to the GOP who will cut spending (wink) and grow the economy, or the dems who say it's not a problem and we will tax our way out of it. But it's us who elected the people who caused it. We are to blame. And that's very hard for most people to swallow. We know something is very wrong. And the reaction is to retreat from the problem staring you in the mirror and embrace the screen in front of you which will invariably provide a reason that absolves your being part of the cause.

Re: Sometimes I like to take a step back and look at the big

Mar 1, 2021, 10:14 AM

I can't find the video but Jimmy Dore did a great video discussing this. Politicians saying one thing and then a few years later saying the exact opposite. It was pretty dang funny yet sad at the same time.

Mar 1, 2021, 9:19 AM

Yes Vice is very left leaning and would not go after the Left as hard. They love to make the Right look bad but I think they to a good job of trying to get the facts correct.

Recommend the Qanon Anonymous podcast.

Mar 1, 2021, 10:13 AM

Those guys have been picking apart, explaining, and debunking everything Q for several years now. It's fascinating to see/hear some of the loony shit people believe.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why is it seems libs know more about Q than cons do?

Mar 1, 2021, 10:48 AM

I wouldve never even heard of them if it wasn't for libs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a pretty amusing defense, but it doesn't change the

Mar 1, 2021, 10:54 AM

fact that their flavor of conspiracy is both far-reaching and widely-accepted, and also interwoven with plenty of (and in some cases the driving force behind) plenty of stuff you already subscribe to, like stolen elections. So, whether you're following some Qanon person on 8kun or not, you're being taken along for the ride.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so? free speech. you take the good with the bad

Mar 1, 2021, 10:57 AM

y'all obviously dont care about the terrorist group Antifa, who has maimed, killed and destroyed so much.

y'all never cared about the 9/11 conspiracists. Whats got you so hot an bothered by this group?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lolwut.

Mar 1, 2021, 11:02 AM

Did 9/11 conspiracists ever stage an insurrection? I forget.

Antifa? Tell us more about that boogeyman. Tucker Carlson had his staff spend an entire day searching for qanon, and they couldn't find the qanon website, so his conclusion was that qanon doesn't exist. By this logic, antifa is even MORE of a ghost than qanon.

Ever met a single person in Antifa? Just one. Because I've met PLENTY of people that subscribe to Qanon theories.

Re: lolwut.

Mar 1, 2021, 5:55 PM

Insurrection lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lolwut.

Mar 2, 2021, 4:03 AM

Yeah that is what it was. You wanted to join those clowns. You would have fit in perfectly well. Now you're insecure trying to minimize what a clown you are, as well as the people you wanted to riot with. It was a an insurrection of ignorant rubes who got as far as they could. Not very far...

Considering that...

Mar 1, 2021, 11:04 AM [ in reply to why is it seems libs know more about Q than cons do? ]

You've pushed some Q theories, I highly doubt you heard about it from libs.

LOL...come on***

Mar 1, 2021, 11:04 AM [ in reply to why is it seems libs know more about Q than cons do? ]

the ONLY ones ever bringing them are you dumb #####

Mar 1, 2021, 12:13 PM

aint no one els on here talkin about them.

at least not that I remember.
Y'all always gotta have that boogeyman to complain about. Now its some fringe group that no one gives 2 ##### about.

What a crybaby you are.

Mar 1, 2021, 2:04 PM

And you pushed Q election conspiracies.

If I was a Trump supporter, I wouldn't bring them up on...

Mar 2, 2021, 8:56 AM [ in reply to the ONLY ones ever bringing them are you dumb ##### ]

here either.

But to act like they don't exist or are of no importance is silly. I know to be the level of Trump supporter that folks like you are you have to be capable of turning reality on and off to fit your needs, but come on mane...Q-Anon is scary and a lot...and I mean way too many...ppl are into it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you didn't buy into a lot of it yourself, to be frank.

Re: so I watched the 3 part Qanon series on Vice***

Mar 1, 2021, 12:23 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 1, 2021, 12:25 PM

Lmao. 10% of the US population believes in elites eating babies? That is not even close to true. I had never heard of Q until dimbasses on here told me I was a Q follower. Shortly after the media made it a huge deal (purposefully) and that’s how many more people heard of it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 3:59 AM

That doesn't change the fact that too many Trump followers are also Q followers, or at least believe a conspiracy that was pushed by that cult. You are not one of them, That's great.

Q-Anon was invented by the deep state to discredit the real

Mar 1, 2021, 5:50 PM

accusations of wrongdoings of the corrupt elitist political class. It is an established fact that they are all crooks and pedophiles, but they managed to kill Jeffrey Epstein and now their propaganda arm has completely moved on and not followed up on any of the victims or the disgusting humans involved. Now, whenever you bring up evidence of politicians doing this sort of evil ####, you get the NPC response: "you are a conspiracy theorist. stop listening to Q-anon."

I'm sure many of the "followers" weren't aware of this. There's always a percentage of the population that is going to be gullible to this ####. I mean look at how many people think the government actually helps and spend a lot of their time trying to get people to vote for their team. People do dumb things.

Message was edited by: CharlestonTom®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found one.***

Mar 1, 2021, 6:06 PM

Re: Found one.***

Mar 1, 2021, 9:29 PM

Bruh LMAO what???

Mar 1, 2021, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Q-Anon was invented by the deep state to discredit the real ]

You seriously crack me up

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Q-Anon was invented by the deep state to discredit the real

Mar 2, 2021, 4:00 AM [ in reply to Q-Anon was invented by the deep state to discredit the real ]

We have a live one.

You can stop now. You have "Nut-job of the Year" in the bag!***

Mar 2, 2021, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Q-Anon was invented by the deep state to discredit the real ]

Replies: 41
| visibility 101
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic