Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alright guys. Got 2 house showings today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Alright guys. Got 2 house showings today

Mar 5, 2021, 7:40 AM

that I have to rush home for.

One is a realtor bringing a client that, according to him, has cost him money on his commission because they have spent all week looking at houses and none of them were suitable for them.

Wants 3% for bringing them if they want the house "to recoup his losses" lulz. I'll give him 2.5 if the offer asking price and 2 for anything below.

The other showing is the couple who wanted to look at the house we are buying until we swooped in and took it off the market. Hopefully they won't hold that against us.

Also hopefully nobody falls or trips and sues us.

Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor - Find & Share on GIPHY

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Good luck

Mar 5, 2021, 7:47 AM

With hiding the septic smell ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just remember

Mar 5, 2021, 7:49 AM

It’s not a pallet deck, it’s an up-cycled outdoor recreation space.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Just remember

Mar 5, 2021, 9:17 AM

Indoor-Outdoor living baby, that's what it's all about. Refer to it as the lanai.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not a lie

Mar 5, 2021, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Just remember ]

if YOU believe it

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FBCSC showing his house

Mar 5, 2021, 7:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, I think you could actually save some money by

Mar 5, 2021, 7:51 AM

towing your house TO the customer and letting them look at your in house in their own driveway.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’ll have to rent a

Mar 5, 2021, 8:02 AM

forklift though

https://youtu.be/ThuDAXrV9Z4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

That was way different than I've seen it done

Mar 5, 2021, 8:17 AM

He'd be raising the lift as he approached. He'd drop it on top and then lower the forks as he backs out. If you have to stop to do every step it would take forever.

It's like the rule that you have to put on your safety before ejecting your shell when shooting a pump shotgun. Lol. Like someone shooting doves or ducks is going to put on the safety, then eject the shell, then turn off the safety and fire again...wait, birds are gone.......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who knew that forklifts had hand brakes???***

Mar 5, 2021, 9:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had numerous offers with agents and they

Mar 5, 2021, 7:58 AM

did not understand I was not going to take less just because the buyer used an agent - I don't care if they upped the offer some to cover some of the agent's fees - focus on the net.

Best thing I did was get my own appraisal done before the sale as most offers are contingent on the house being appraised for the offer amount.

Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got an appraisal last year for refinance.

Mar 5, 2021, 8:09 AM

Hopefully it's still accurate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It ain't any lower that's for sure.

Mar 5, 2021, 8:15 AM

check sales per square foot in your area. Comps are important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way ahead of you. Right now the average is 80-100/sqft

Mar 5, 2021, 8:18 AM

we have our house sitting at 80 because we know there's some problems.

Good thing is though we bought the house at 60

So we still have some wiggle room for offers to still make a decent profit

Location, location, location

Mar 5, 2021, 8:21 AM

son of looking in NC near Asheville, Hendersonville, Flat Rock - nothing under $160 - $180 up there for the size house he is looking for. These prices are crazy.

When we sold ours for $133 it was the highest in our subdivision - now it is probably up to $150 ish.

Yeah the housing market around areas of interest

Mar 5, 2021, 8:25 AM

are insane.

Around my area there's really nothing (BFE) so it's not as hot as other areas. But the prices still aren't showing that.

Don't forget, don't deal with the guy wanting commission

Mar 5, 2021, 8:21 AM

unless they pay their closing costs. I will be deeply disappointed in you otherwise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not paying the other dude's closing costs for any purchase

Mar 5, 2021, 8:22 AM

that happens?

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

With this market you MAY get lucky in that respect.

Mar 5, 2021, 8:25 AM

But odds are any buyer is going to ask for it in the first offer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to pay closing cost for the house we are buying

Mar 5, 2021, 8:26 AM

I'm not paying double closing costs

I'll sit right on the pallet deck for another 3 years.

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

Mar 5, 2021, 12:41 PM

Why not just ask seller to pay your closing costs, like you for are your buyer?

I has a confuse

'cause he is getting a deal on his new digs.

Mar 5, 2021, 3:47 PM

family transaction iirc.

Would not budge on that.

Mar 5, 2021, 8:27 AM [ in reply to With this market you MAY get lucky in that respect. ]

There will be things they want all along the process and giving in up front is not advisable imo. This is too tight a market to not get what you want as a seller.

Yeah from everything I've read is that this is a seller's

Mar 5, 2021, 8:31 AM

market and sellers are asking ridiculous stuff and buyers have to do it if they want a house.

Of course that does not apply in BFE. But still.

You got this!

Mar 5, 2021, 8:33 AM

fangers crossed for some good offers quick.

Re: Yeah from everything I've read is that this is a seller's

Mar 5, 2021, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Yeah from everything I've read is that this is a seller's ]

Yes. Like aero and fatherg said, don't give anything up front especially if there are issues that you may have to concede for later. You want the offer, but you have knobs to turn with closing costs and due diligence doll hairs. Mr "I gotta have my 3%" should understand that but that's his doll hairs vs his buyer's. It's worth it (I would be to me at least) to him to take 2% and get that buyer in a house and off of his calendar. I wouldn't mind paying him as long as he deals with all the BS moving forward like he's supposed to. I had no idea how much of a PIA dealing with lenders, lawyers, appraisers, inspectors, seller/buyer demands could be. I'd gladly pay his #### if the offer is right. If it ain't, and only you know that, tell him to pound sand.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You haven't seen this house

Mar 5, 2021, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Would not budge on that. ]

He doesn't have much leverage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Make sure to pressure wash the pallets***

Mar 5, 2021, 8:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cannot wait to see the inspection report.

Mar 5, 2021, 8:50 AM

Pretty please will you post it when it happens?

see that right there?

Mar 5, 2021, 8:53 AM

yeah, that right there, that is a pinecone peaking out form behind the paint.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What kind of rahtard world are you living in?

Mar 5, 2021, 9:06 AM

Cost him money on commission just because he had to show them houses all week? A) that makes no sense and B) What kind of person in sales whines about their customer to other potential customers? M

FUBAR, all the way around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definately would not hire this guy to represent me

Mar 5, 2021, 9:13 AM

but that's not what is happening anyways. But 3% for him to google search, call, and drive over? Get the #### out of here. Your loss is not my problem. Charge them more.

We looked with our realtor for 2 years before buying

Mar 5, 2021, 9:20 AM

Anything. I’m guessing he either hasn’t been a realtor very long, or is used to renting out apartments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he told fbcuck what fbcuck said he did, that's

Mar 5, 2021, 9:29 AM

unprofessional at the very least.

That said, if I were a realtor I'd act similarly. Why TF would I spend my time taking a client somewhere to do business if I'm not getting paid?

So, why not. Call the FSBO guy and demand a fee or I'm not taking my client. Simple economics.

My guess is fbcuck was pushing back on him and the dude just went hail mary nuclear on him and was all like LOOK FOCKER DADDY NEEDS TO GET PAID HERE.

I can't blame him.

Yeah he tried to get a verbal agreement over the phone

Mar 5, 2021, 9:30 AM

Na homeslice, you get me an offer and then we'll talk money.

Gotta admit. That IS a pretty smart way to

Mar 5, 2021, 9:32 AM

not sell your house.

The #### he gonna do? Tell the people they can't buy my

Mar 5, 2021, 9:37 AM

house because he's not getting paid?

Yeah he won't bring them to your house

Mar 5, 2021, 10:34 AM

you should offer 2% for bring the buyers if you want to close the deal.

He's got buyers that can't find the pallet deck of their dreams and want your house, you don't want to fool with unqualified buyers.

It's less profitable to be the listing agent than the selling agent.

He's kind of lost his leverage though

Mar 5, 2021, 10:39 AM

because there is no agreement on commission until an offer is made (according to him) and he's bringing the buyers today. Like he threw his number out there and I told him we would discuss it once we had an offer. And he was like ok.

Barack Obama GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm expecting him to call me at some point today and be like hey let's lock in this commission rate before we get there. If he shows them the house, they make an offer, and THEN we talk commission he's lost any leverage he's had.

Sounds to me like he just wants to get these people out of his hair.

Re: Yeah he won't bring them to your house

Mar 5, 2021, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Yeah he won't bring them to your house ]

"It's less profitable to be the listing agent than the selling agent.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between listing agent and selling agent?

Listing agent has an agreement with the seller... typically

Mar 5, 2021, 1:37 PM

a contract to sell/market the property in return for a set percentage of the total sale.

Selling agent represents the buyer. Can be the same person (at least FL allows dual agencies, its been 20 years since I've learned anything about SC real estate law).

So if a 2nd agent brings the buyer (the seller's agent), the listing agent splits his commission usually 50,50 but sometimes a different deal is struck when the seller's agent brings the buyer.

The listing agent carries the cost of marketing the property. Photos, websites, advertising... it all ads up. Usually the agent is responsible for all of these fees in a addition to paying their broker a set percentage of the commission. The commission is paid to his broker, who in turn pays the agent after he takes a chunk.

So if you are the listing agent your 3% is depleted quickly.

Re: Listing agent has an agreement with the seller... typically

Mar 5, 2021, 5:14 PM

Thanks. My wife is a realtor and I thought Listing and Selling were essentially the same and an agent representing the buyer was a "buyer's agent". Show's how much I pay attention or maybe different lingo in a different state? I dunno

Dual Agency is allowed in NC too, btw.

No, not at all.

Mar 5, 2021, 10:37 AM [ in reply to The #### he gonna do? Tell the people they can't buy my ]

He'll just never bring them there.

You ain't got the only hood for sale, my man.

What are the odds that FBCoach gets in a dual agency

Mar 5, 2021, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Gotta admit. That IS a pretty smart way to ]

situation with an agent he didn't even pick.

Disclosure. I had to bang the agent who sold my house in Charleston for a while, that is how she got the listing. I did agree to dual agency because she actaully found the buyer but typically you don't want to do that. I did get 1% reduction in commission though. Never got to bang.

There is a reason that part of the state is the way it is.***

Mar 5, 2021, 9:19 AM [ in reply to What kind of rahtard world are you living in? ]

Re: Alright guys. Got 2 house showings today

Mar 5, 2021, 11:38 AM

"One is a realtor bringing a client that, according to him, has cost him money on his commission because they have spent all week looking at houses and none of them were suitable for them.

Eff that guy. That's the cost of doing business when and agent has buyers. Sounds like he needs another job. He needs to smile and take it. Bitching about it out loud could cost him future clients from referrals, repeats, etc.

Good luck!

Chances are

Mar 5, 2021, 1:46 PM

The conversation that FBCoach is saying happened didn't happen, but FBCoach is saying it happened to make himself look like less of a pushover in this scenario.

If a realtor has only been showing properties for a week before closing a deal, then they've done some SERIOUSLY good work. We had our realtor on the hook for about two months before finding a home and she was perfect the entire way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Chances are

Mar 5, 2021, 5:16 PM

I get it. Wife of has gone way longer than that a few times before finding the "right one" for the buyer. In this market, the house is often under contract by the time she can get her buyers there to see it. lol

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic